Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
Boy, there are A LOT-!

- Nick Fury has more screentime, and is there to get Tony to sign up
- The Black Widow (not actually named) works for Fury
- You do see the Shield logo.
- Speaking of shields, Captain America's
- Thor's hammer
- In the scene where Tony gets the stuff out of the case Fury gives him, you can briefly see Captain America #1

Any others, guys?

Favreau tells :

"If you look at the screens, especially when you're dealing with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, you can start to see areas identified there," said Favreau of a few moments in which S.H.I.E.L.D. computers monitoring current events appear in the background of a scene. "There are little clues that are layered into graphics that relate to other films, other franchises in this world. You might want to look at it a few times or wait for the DVD."

I see the movie twice and I make a list :

- Europe: no points in Great Britain (Captain Britain, Excalibur, there was something to do !)... but in Scandinavia. Hard to say exactly where, or what it means.

- Africa: East Africa (Somalia, Kenya). One thinks immediately to Wakanda, except that by different sources, the fictional country is farther west. But no doubt that for a film, it is possible to take some liberties with geography.

- Atlantic Ocean: in the southern Atlantic Ocean, between Brazil and Angola. No idea what it could be.

- USA: East side, Washington / New York, probably Tony Stark. To the west, probably Hulk. New Mexico: Thor. A final point in Alaska ...

Obviously, there's the "AVENGERS INITIATIVE" file. Also, Fury refers to problems in the South West. The Hulk?

In the final scene with Fury and Stark if you look at the video screen to Fury's right. It's the news segment from TIH about his rampage at the college campus.

I see Iron Man 2 again (3 times :woot:). Update of the SHIELD map :

Sorry, it's a traduction of a french article with all Iron Man 2 easter eggs/hidden reference. We have 7 points on the map :up: !

http://lestoilesheroiques.blogspot.com/2010/05/iron-man-2-vengeurs-hulk-captain.html

- Europe: no points in Great Britain (Captain Britain, Excalibur, there was something to do !)... but in Scandinavia. Hard to say exactly where, or what it means.

- Africa: East Africa (Somalia, Kenya). One thinks immediately to Wakanda, except that by different sources, the fictional country is farther west. But no doubt that for a film, it is possible to take some liberties with geography.

- Atlantic Ocean: in the southern Atlantic Ocean, between Brazil and Angola. Probably Namor, prominent member of Invaders, whose presence in the film Captain America is already assured. The main problem is that Namor is a mutant (he "belongs" to the then Fox) ... but basically, it is primarily a character in the category "Heroes" and not a mutant. If one adds his presence on the map, I think his presence is highly plausible in the future!

- Greenland / Iceland: where is Captain America in Freeze mode? Without doubt, as it says that Captain America is frozen in North Atlantic. Except ... in the DVD of the Incredible Hulk, the body cap is frozen with his shield, but Arctic. The geographical difference is not huge anyway.

- USA: East side, Washington / New York, probably Hulk. To the west, no doubt Tony Stark. New Mexico: Thor.

Not exactly an avengers reference but Stark did discover the new element that was clearly Vibranium.

Thats what I thought too... I hope it is. That would be cool, because that would mean Cap would have an old school metal shield in WWII and a swanky new shield in Avengers...

When that scene came up, I whispered excitedly to my friend "Awww man, I think thats meant to be vibranium!" and he said "what?" My reply "I'll tell you later" to which he smirked and said "nerd" lol.

In the final scene with Fury and Stark if you look at the video screen to Fury's right. It's the news segment from TIH about his rampage at the college campus.
Really? Anyone else see this?

I knew I recognized that TIH footage when I saw the movie the first time, but I wasn't 100% sure until it was confirmed.

I saw IM2 again and I really noticed how shocked and surprised Coulson was when we saw Cap's shield. "What is this doing in here? Do you know what this is?"

Caps shield blew my mind. IM2 was amazing. I just can't wait to see all the badass heroes on the same screen!

I knew I recognized that TIH footage when I saw the movie the first time, but I wasn't 100% sure until it was confirmed.

I saw IM2 again and I really noticed how shocked and surprised Coulson was when we saw Cap's shield. "What is this doing in here? Do you know what this is?"

This leads me to believe that its not THE Captain America shield but maybe Tony's attmept at making it....if Tony makes the round shield why would Coulson flip out when he saw it

It's probably a prototype that Howard Stark worked on and that S.H.I.E.L.D. probably had files on, but they didn't have the actual thing. Maybe Coulson was surprised that Howard/Tony had the real prototype the whole time.

Coulson is holding it with some reverence..."Do you know what this is?"

I spotted the Hulk footage as soon as it appeared. It made me happy that they atleast acknowledged it's existence.

Thats what I thought too... I hope it is. That would be cool, because that would mean Cap would have an old school metal shield in WWII and a swanky new shield in Avengers...

When that scene came up, I whispered excitedly to my friend "Awww man, I think thats meant to be vibranium!" and he said "what?" My reply "I'll tell you later" to which he smirked and said "nerd" lol.

:hehe: That's pretty much exactly how it went with me and my friend, too. As soon as he said, "Congratulations, you made a new element." I leaned over to my friend and said "Ten bucks says the new element is called vibranium."

Damn, I didn't even notice the Hulk footage. You could actually see the Hulk in the background? Aww hell.

The map in the SHEILD hq has an area highlighted in Greenland - so I assume that's where they find Captain America.
Norway is also marked, which I took to be Thor.
LA is Iron Man, and I assumed New Mexico was Hulk.
I hope the New York one is for Hank Pym, but I guess it could be the Hulk, too.

Europe is unknown
San fran was IM
New Mexico is Thor and NY was Hulk

I knew that reporter chick looked familiar. I just wrote it off at the time since there was other stuff going on. I'll have to make sure I pay more attention to the other screens, like I thought I should, if I see it again.

Favreau tells :

"If you look at the screens, especially when you're dealing with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, you can start to see areas identified there," said Favreau of a few moments in which S.H.I.E.L.D. computers monitoring current events appear in the background of a scene. "There are little clues that are layered into graphics that relate to other films, other franchises in this world. You might want to look at it a few times or wait for the DVD."

I see the movie twice and I make a list :

- Atlantic Ocean: in the southern Atlantic Ocean, between Brazil and Angola. No idea what it could be.

- USA: East side, Washington / New York, probably Tony Stark. To the west, probably Hulk. New Mexico: Thor. A final point in Alaska ...

Movie Tony lives in LA or somewhere in California, the one in NY could always be good ol' Luke Cage & Iron Fist!

Movie Tony lives in LA or somewhere in California, the one in NY could always be good ol' Luke Cage & Iron Fist!

Tony lives in Malibu
NY was the setting of the end fight in TIH
I cant believe no one got the middle of the ocean one...hello Namor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"