SHIELD's role in future Marvel movies (minor IRON MAN spoilers)

The Guard

Avenger
Reaction score
I just realized the approach they're taking to this. When Fury tells Stark about "The Avengers Initiative" in IRON MAN, I thought to myself "They're not going to do this with every single hero, are they?". And then I realized that no, they're going to build the development of the Avengers through each movie with a cameo by Nick Fury and SHIELD involvement. And I love that. I love that there are these little "Fury teases" in each movie until THE AVENGERS.

For instance, in IRON MAN, Fury is talking to Stark about the initiative. In THE HULK, Stark and Fury will consult with Banner. In the next Marvel movie after that, they'll be a little further along in the process, and in the next, and in the next. And that's such a cool, cumulative approach to a movieverse. It's not the kind of thing DC could really even do, because that's not how the Justice League works.

I'm guessing they might save Captain American for THE AVENGERS and make the movie about his recruitment, allowing for a potential CAPTAIN AMERICA spinoff later on.

I just realized the approach they're taking to this. When Fury tells Stark about "The Avengers Initiative" in IRON MAN, I thought to myself "They're not going to do this with every single hero, are they?". And then I realized that no, they're going to build the development of the Avengers through each movie with a cameo by Nick Fury and SHIELD involvement. And I love that. I love that there are these little "Fury teases" in each movie until THE AVENGERS.

For instance, in IRON MAN, Fury is talking to Stark about the initiative. In THE HULK, Stark and Fury will consult with Banner. In the next Marvel movie after that, they'll be a little further along in the process, and in the next, and in the next. And that's such a cool, cumulative approach to a movieverse. It's not the kind of thing DC could really even do, because that's not how the Justice League works.

I'm guessing they might save Captain American for THE AVENGERS and make the movie about his recruitment, allowing for a potential CAPTAIN AMERICA spinoff later on.

Agreed. But in regards to Stark and Fury appearing in The Hulk movie, all i've heard so far is Stark meeting with Ross...

Is there actually a scene with Stark and Fury "consulting with Banner"? I figured that most of the new Hulk movie would have Banner as a fugitive from the U.S. Government...

No, I was just guessing at how it would all "build together".

I will freak the hell out if Fury shows up after the Hulk defeats Blonsky and invites Banner to become an Avenger. :wow:

I will freak the hell out if Fury shows up after the Hulk defeats Blonsky and invites Banner to become an Avenger. :wow:

i'd kinda rather have it end with hulk getting defeated... knocked out, and strapped to some kinda giant gourney... and you have nick fury talking to general ross, telling him that Hulk has become property of shield now

i'd kinda rather have it end with hulk getting defeated... knocked out, and strapped to some kinda giant gourney... and you have nick fury talking to general ross, telling him that Hulk has become property of shield now

Except that'd be kind of a crappy ending to the film. TIH is it's own film, not just a setup for an Avengers film. It should have an ending that suits the story, with any Avengers tie-in added onto that.

Except that'd be kind of a crappy ending to the film. TIH is it's own film, not just a setup for an Avengers film. It should have an ending that suits the story, with any Avengers tie-in added onto that.

i'd make it a cliff hanger ending... he'd win.. but in the last second be tranqued out or something.. or hell save it for the after credits.. that way if you dont see it it's a great ending, and if you do you get the bonus to lead into avengers, banner wouldnt sign on to the team willingly, he'd have to be knocked out and then given some kinda treatment (probably from pym) to let him control hulk. This could also be a key thing to set up a potential plot of the avengers movie... Hulk does not make a good teamate.. have him start out in control.. but in the end banner loses it and they not only have to fight the avenger villain, but hulk himself.

Movies shouldn't have cliff hangers. They are not a comicbooks, they are independent. Nick Fury was perfect easter egg, scene isn't supposed to be in the movie.

Movies shouldn't have cliff hangers. They are not a comicbooks, they are independent. Nick Fury was perfect easter egg, scene isn't supposed to be in the movie.

i guess you missed the part where i said adding it after the credits would be even better :o

Honestly, since I don't want the hulk in the Avengers film, I think the cameo of Ross asking Stark's help, is fine. They manage to link the 2 films into one universe and that's enough (and pretty cool imo).

In Incredible Hulk, have an advisor or under-officer (while the army's getting kicked around) tell Ross they should call SHIELD (and Ross angrily tell them, "we don't need *insert derogatory insult here* SHIELD'S help". Don't overuse it. Leave it for Captain America (provided they're actually going to make the film)...

But Hulk has been made so we'll see what they give us. Iron Man was a great start...

Honestly, since I don't want the hulk in the Avengers film, I think the cameo of Ross asking Stark's help, is fine. They manage to link the 2 films into one universe and that's enough (and pretty cool imo).

In Incredible Hulk, have an advisor or under-officer (while the army's getting kicked around) tell Ross they should call SHIELD (and Ross angrily tell them, "we don't need *insert derogatory insult here* SHIELD'S help". Don't overuse it. Leave it for Captain America (provided they're actually going to make the film)...

But Hulk has been made so we'll see what they give us. Iron Man was a great start...

If they follow the first Avengers story arc (later redone in The Ultimates as well) then Hulk will be a threat for at least part of the movie only to have a bigger threat revealed later in the movie. Whether it's Loki, the Skrulls, or The Leader is anyone's guess.

Off topic a bit sorry, but don't you all think having Thor, Iron Man, an awesome epic terrifying enemy and the Hulk in the film is going to be too expensive?

I hardly read comics here (we hardly ever get them), but Hulk doesn't really come in to my reckoning when it comes to the Avengers, unless it's as an enemy. And I don't want to see the hulk for the 3rd time, taking the place of a different, 'bigger' (world) threat...

He was a founding member. He was an Avenger before even Captain America.

I'd like to see him show up as a threat at least only to join the team halfway through the movie. They can pull it off with like $150 million I think. It's not like the movie will be any longer than other superhero movies and I don't think they pay per character. :oldrazz:

Off topic a bit sorry, but don't you all think having Thor, Iron Man, an awesome epic terrifying enemy and the Hulk in the film is going to be too expensive?

I hardly read comics here (we hardly ever get them), but Hulk doesn't really come in to my reckoning when it comes to the Avengers, unless it's as an enemy. And I don't want to see the hulk for the 3rd time, taking the place of a different, 'bigger' (world) threat...

1) were talking about 4-5 years at least down the road...

2) marvels budget should grow within that time, as long as hulk, and following movies don't flop

3) we've had 3 xmen movies that have gotten made all in which have far more characters in them *yawn*

He was a founding member. He was an Avenger before even Captain America.

I'd like to see him show up as a threat at least only to join the team halfway through the movie. They can pull it off with like $150 million I think. It's not like the movie will be any longer than other superhero movies and I don't think they pay per character. :oldrazz:

Ah, so the criteria is 'founding member'??? Sorry then Captain, you're out! :oldrazz: :cwink: j/k!!!

1) were talking about 4-5 years at least down the road...

2) marvels budget should grow within that time, as long as hulk, and following movies don't flop

3) we've had 3 xmen movies that have gotten made all in which have far more characters in them *yawn*

Seriously though, I would like the effects to be ground-breaking and utterly flawless; Wouldn't spreading your funding between a large number of high-cost characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor's effects, and fights with huge world threat ((and Hulk)) going to sabotage that?

I'm sure Marvel will put only so much money on the table. It'll be more than normal provided the build-up films aer successful, but not ridiculously so. Plus, unless it's in his contract for an Avengers film, you're going to have to pay RDJ and I'm sure he'll know how popular he is now...

Still maintain my POV with this, but a Thor/Hulk fight =
drool.gif

Ah, so the criteria is 'founding member'??? Sorry then Captain, you're out! :oldrazz: :cwink: j/k!!!

Seriously though, I would like the effects to be ground-breaking and utterly flawless; Wouldn't spreading your funding between a large number of high-cost characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor's effects, and fights with huge world threat ((and Hulk)) going to sabotage that?

I'm sure Marvel will put only so much money on the table. It'll be more than normal provided the build-up films aer successful, but not ridiculously so. Plus, unless it's in his contract for an Avengers film, you're going to have to pay RDJ and I'm sure he'll know how popular he is now...

Still maintain my POV with this, but a Thor/Hulk fight =
drool.gif

RDJ isn't that expensive of an actor :o i mean hello... look at the comedy coming out this summer he's doing with jack black.............. your really over exaggerating. Look at X3's cast, james marsden, halle berry, patrick stewerart, hugh jackman, ian mckellen, ben foster, kelsey grammer, etc.... the budget will be fine man.. theres half the cast and probably not as much special effects...

Hulk certainly shouldn't be THE villain in THE AVENGERS. Just the wild card.

RDJ isn't that expensive of an actor :o

No actor is that expensive, until they become popular. More so now because Marvel now knows we demand RDJ reprise his role of Iron Man if they make an Avengers film.

Oh well, I'm not an expert so can't argue at all....

I think Edgar Wright will have geekgasms if Marvel's gonna say they want Nick Fury in Ant-Man.

I think Hulk's ending should be in its own. And then after the credits, have a lead up, similar to Iron Man with Fury waiting on Banner. Maybe this time, he'd already have Henry Pym with S.H.I.E.L.D and he'll briefly, really briefly explain how Pym and S.H.I.E.L.D can help better control the Hulk with Banner, small talk, "Its a part of the Avenger Initiative."

With Marvel's upcoming film slate leading up to the Avengers in July 2011... I could see Sam Jackson making a cameo in every single Marvel film (released by Marvel Studios)... Captain America and Thor, perhaps Iron Man 2.

That would get a bit predictable and overused imo. I like the idea of different people interacting, like hopefully
Tony Stark appearing in TIH, not Nick Fury

Then maybe another related character in the Captain America film, etc...

I definitely agree. Using Fury everything will get old. I'm sure there's a way to spice things up for Thor and Antman.

With Marvel's upcoming film slate leading up to the Avengers in July 2011... I could see Sam Jackson making a cameo in every single Marvel film (released by Marvel Studios)... Captain America and Thor, perhaps Iron Man 2.

Enough with the cameos,he's a potential supporting character for sure.

I can imagine certain films might have a connection,like Iron Man,Hulk,Captain America and Thor. Small cameos that lead up to the Avengers film,building up. There is no doubt,that with Fury's first appearance in Iron Man..that something will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"