Spoilers: Yes or No.

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
With the advent of the interenet, nothing is a secret anymore. Even if it's held til opening night of the movie, it's on the internet seconds later.

With books, tpbs, specials, and the internet, it's hard not to be spoiled for a movie.

Now my question is do you like to be spoiled?

With movies I don't. I refuse to watch or read anything about a movie that I wanna see. TV series I used to read ahead of Angel yes.

It depends on the movie. Like Underworld, Van Helsing, and AVP no cause I just go in for a popcorn flick and enjoy it for what it is. However Star Wars and LOTR things on that epic scale I love to know stuff about. Not because I want to know the story but because I want to see how they pull it off.

Normally I hate spoilers, but sometimes I'll pick up info beforehand on projects I'm already a fan of from prior movie installments or other media. Lord of the Rings was a big one: I sucked up information like a turbo charged vacuum cleaner and Ghost Rider is starting to fall into the same pattern.

Once a movie is released though, that's it. I don't want to know. Ferreting out pre-release gossip is one thing, but reading some unrelated forum topic where some unthinking monkey slaps in a notable plot point about something I'm still waiting for just pisses me off.

I do not like spoilers, unless it is coming from another medium, like a book or real life. Then usually it makes for a better viewing experience if you can fill in the gaps that get cut out for time purposed. Seabiscuit is a good example of this. Sometimes you are expected to know what happens before going in.

For original material, no. But it is easier to avoid than one might think. The big controversy lately is over Million Dollar Baby, but I had no clue about what happened until I saw it Saturday night. Just know what threads and message boards to avoid and you can make it happen. I knew nothing about either Star Wars prequel going in, and those were two of the most hyped films ever.

I recently read a spoiler for Batman Begins because some jerk off forgot to put the tags on.

Spoilers make me cry. :(

Depends on the movie. If it's something I'm really looking forward to (Batman Begins), I'll avoid every spoiler about the story especially (haven't read the script and don't plan to). I don't want to know what's going to happen in the movie. But other aspects I don't mind, like what Scarecrow is going to look like, for example.

All other movies I'd read spoilers for, half of them I wind up not watching anyway.

Darth Rockwell said:
It depends on the movie. Like Underworld, Van Helsing, and AVP no cause I just go in for a popcorn flick and enjoy it for what it is. However Star Wars and LOTR things on that epic scale I love to know stuff about. Not because I want to know the story but because I want to see how they pull it off.
what he said :up:

for movies i care about, i'm a spoiler junkie through and through.

I'm bumping this thread because I think the topic is interesting. I really kept away from all the Star Wars posts because I didn't want to be spoiled. The same thing with Batman Begins. I'm steering clear of all Batman stuff til this weekend.

Yes. I read spoilers for everything. I like knowing what's going to happen before I see it. Sometimes I read spoilers for movies I'm not interested in then I become interested in seeing them for intstance I can't wait to see Fantastic Four now. I like knowing before I see. The only problem with spoilers and me I end up telling every single detail to people who don't want hear and I ruin it for them.:(

:unishr: I hate spoilers with a passion. Unfortunately I knew the ends of GLADIATOR and 6th SENSE and a few others before I saw them because others told me or accidentally reading it in a forum somewhere.

No spoilers....remember the days before the internet when no one outside of the studio knew about plot points or special effects before the commercials started being released? Now we know about **** five months in advance. I'm a kid at heart, I like to be surprised.

The worse is opening a thread (even a non movie thread) or a magazine and seeing a picture from the movie.

I generally don't mind spoilers.

Knowing outcomes doesn't ruin a film for me, if it did so many movies wouldn't be so rewatchable.

I think this thread needs a bump.

F' and I messed up the poll. I made it multiple instead of public. I stink. :down :mad: :(

Spoilers killed it.... Spiderman 3 is a year away and I know every ****ing detail... can't help it though...

I like to know the outline of the story, characters etc. But as for plot details, I like to stay in the dark.

I'm staying out of the Spider-Man forums til after the movie. But you f'ers who need to put in new stuff into your avatars, sometimes deserves a punch in the bladder.

The only spoiler that ever mattered was "Darth Vader is Luke's father".
None of the others are Earth-shattering.

normally i don't, with most movies, i don't even read the synopsis before i
go in and watch, i'm just told by a friend that they are going and i tend to join them.

a nice trailer is always good but i tried to stay away from as much as possible.

i think with films i care about, i usually draw a line around about 8 months till it hits the screen where i don't wish to know anymore about it...

it's getting to that time with spidey....

i personally think overexposure was one of the reasons why i didn't like the last stand, they released far too much footage, especially stuff that really didn't have to do with the flow of the film and gave the wrong ideas about focus. i don't like the fact that they released entire scenes as well giving us the impression that the scenes themselves were longer, very anti-climatic to watch...

if i really wanted to go and watch a film after being spoiled, i'd just go and watch it again in the cinema:o

saying this there are times when graphic novels of films have been released previously and i have felt let down by the final film versions of the projects, like x-men 2 when i was devasted i didn't get to see a danger room sequence or how lady deathstrikes death was treated....bah...

no matter....

I generally try to avoid spoilers, but I sometimes have an overall curiousity, and come upon a few sometimes when I'm reading a discussion about something. Some mionor plot details usually get spoiled for me, but i generally try to avoid any huge spoilers.

Hey, vegeta...Sam Jackson gets eaten by a shark during his inspirational speech.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Hey, vegeta...Sam Jackson gets eaten by a shark during his inspirational speech.

What a sh'tty movie. LOL

I want to stay out of spiderman forums but I cant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"