[Spoilers Inside] Sequel Predictions

mr. peasant

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just in case you didn't read the title of this thread, there are G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra spoilers ahead. Read no further if you don't want to be spoiled.

For those of you who've watched the movie, you already know that by the end of the movie, Cobra Commander and Destro are in maximum security, Storm Shadow fell 'to his death' into the arctic sea and the Baroness pulled a heel-face turn only to wind up in prison and with the nanomites still in her system. Only Zartan remains at large, disguised as the President. So, with virtually all of Cobra's high command taken out before Cobra could even begin, where does this leave us for the sequels?

Personally, I think it'd be really cool if their capture and Baroness' apparent team switching was all part of the Commander's master plan. Perhaps it was a deliberate gambit to place himself in said prison in order to recruit others. Remember; thanks to Destro's mask the Commander still has access to nanomites if needed. With the Baroness likely under minimal security, I suspect the Commander will somehow reactivate her in order to execute his escape plan. Also, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Storm Shadow makes a return.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Oh please, you know that Zartan is now planning a way to break his comrades out of that place. Storm Shadow is not dead. He never flow back onto the surface of the water after he fell. Plus there's no body, no body no dead is what's written in my book. That last scene of Zartan as the pres. is a total set up. There's so many characters that could join in the sequels. I really want to see how they will handle Serpentor. I would cast Dolph Lundgen but he's probably be too old.

I think there will definitely be a sequel and it'll be bigger. I really like the first one so far. Alot better than the two Transformers movies combines.
Stephen Sommer has redeemed himself with this one after that disaster Van Hellsing. Van Hellsing got a good story just that it dragged on and too many cool elements. I would cut out Frankenstein and leave out that Van Hellsing is a werewolf.

Joe Colton will be played by Chuck Norris, and it will be revealed that he's [blackout]Snake Eyes' long lost father[/blackout]! :wow:

Last edited:
Major Bludd, and Storm Shadow break them out of jail. Then Cobra builds the B.A.T.S

Zartan will definately be pulling the strings here. He could order CC and Destro out of the Pit and fake a convoy transport.

While CC activates Baroness's nanomites while in prison and she escapes bringing her back to CC command.

I definately want CC's look different. That was more of a prototype.

The mask should have the breathing apparatus and part of the mask. But the material should be snake skin. Navy blue breathing apparatus and a lighter blue for the snake skin with hints of green streaks that shown it has been dyed.

It should be given a more cobra like appearance.

Duke now has to struggle with Anna being bad permanently.

I'm hoping Baroness will become bad again. I dont care how cheesey the way its played out, just as long as she is bad again.

And I hope Storm Shadow isnt dead. He fell into the water. One of the Cobra soldiers could have found him and rescued him.

And I also hope Cover Girl isn't dead, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

Storm Shadow I could care less about if he's dead or alive. I assume Zartan will presidential pardon CC and Destro saying there is not enough evidence that they were the ones involved with the attack on Paris, blaming someone else (North Korea, whoever) instead.

Or like someone suggested CC still has control over the nanomites which means he can reactivate Baroness to spring him and Destro out of the maximum security prison in the Pit.

Lastly, I'd love to see Major Bludd and Dr. Mindbender be featured in the sequel.

Baroness will become evil again (In the novelization, it's said that the Nanomites can't be taken out of her body and she confesses to Duke she actually enjoyed doing what she did under Cobra Commander's control).

Zartan, as the President, will probably make the G.I. Joe team illegal and they'll become Public Enemies.

Rise Of The Cobra was clearily the first of a trilogy, when i watched the movie i felt it was all a set up... I feel this movie has been targeted to be the next Star Wars, multiple cast, multiple story archs for each characters... If i was to make a prediction it would be this...

They dont need Zartan to escape prison, judging by the complex its most likely in "THE PIT" that Shadow Storm, Zartan and Shadow Storm prior broke into with multiple "Thunderbird No.6's" - What is apparant by this movie is this, Rise of Cobra - its in the title, A Cobra agent is now acting as president, So now Cobra soldiers will be in the making, But who will administer the procedure if Cobra Commander is in prision... Are we forgetting Dr.Mindbender... He cameo'ed in Rise Of Cobra but i felt his role is unexplored, maybe on purpose for sequel...

So my prodiction is this, Whilst Zartan is in disguise as the President he will do as instructed and build the Cobra Soldiers Empire... Dr.Mindbender will probably be working on converting the Cobra Soldiers whilst plotting to free Destro and Cobra Commander...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"