Square Enix's Avengers

So I got this game finally recently but do have a bit of a backlog and was gonna put playing this on the back burner. If I want all of the DLC for free though am I better starting the game before September?

Not sure, I think all the formerly premium cosmetics & whatnot + DLC's are free from here on out if you have bought the game.. I think anyways.

All these cosmetics never should have been premium only. They should have been earnable & had they done that it would have given them more missions to add, goals to achieve & might have actually kept people playing rather than putting it behind a paywall.

Some of the cosmetics, particularly the MCU look pretty cool though I will say.

Not sure, I think all the formerly premium cosmetics & whatnot + DLC's are free from here on out if you have bought the game.. I think anyways.

All these cosmetics never should have been premium only. They should have been earnable & had they done that it would have given them more missions to add, goals to achieve & might have actually kept people playing rather than putting it behind a paywall.

Some of the cosmetics, particularly the MCU look pretty cool though I will say.

Thanks for the info buddy. May just boot this up before September just in case rather than potentially miss out on anything.

I finally bought this because it was 80% off, and holy **** is the writing in the main campaign terrible. The scenes where the individual Avengers meet Kamala at the A-Day event are just nonsense because you know if Thor really flew down in the middle of something like that everyone there would be mobbing him with autograph requests and taking their phones out to film, trying to touch him, etc. Kamala wouldn't have been able to cut through all that to get one word spoken to him, let alone be able to have the conversation they have in this opening.

I am sort of headcannoning that the reason the writing is so bad is because this game is just Kamala's fan ficiton where she is inserting herself into her own Avengers story, but I have to believe she would be a better writer then that.

The story was reminiscent to X-Men Legends in which you have this new superpowered fangirl joining a superhero team and meeting the members one by one.

But unlike X-Men Legends, this didn't really have a lot of going on. You fight Aim minions for the 90% of the game and encounter 3 to 4 bosses from the comics.

Its also a missed opportunity that they didn't have Kamala meet Captain Marvel. Also Dr. Strange, playable Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch should have been in this game even if their role is as limited as Black Panther/Hawkeye. I thought the Hawkeye DLC was nice and they should have kept pumping out story DLCs to make the game better in the long run.

Spider-Man has no story arc which is a big missed opportunity. I'm assuming Jane/Bucky don't have as well thats why I didn't bother to reinstall the game and download a gigantic update.

Anyway if Marvel plans to make a new Avengers game, I would like the roster to be like this:
Iron Man
Captain America (Steve)
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Wasp (Janet)
Ant-Man (Hank)
Vision
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel

A miX of the staple of Avengers from the movies and comics.

Last edited:
The story was reminiscent to X-Men Legends in which you have this new superpowered fangirl joining a superhero team and meeting the members one by one.

But unlike X-Men Legends, this didn't really have a lot of going on. You fight Aim minions for the 90% of the game and encounter 3 to 4 bosses from the comics.

Its also a missed opportunity that they didn't have Kamala meet Captain Marvel. Also Dr. Strange, playable Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch should have been in this game even if their role is as limited as Black Panther/Hawkeye. I thought the Hawkeye DLC was nice and they should have kept pumping out story DLCs to make the game better in the long run.

Spider-Man has no story arc which is a big missed opportunity. I'm assuming Jane/Bucky don't have as well thats why I didn't bother to reinstall the game and download a gigantic update.

Anyway if Marvel plans to make a new Avengers game, I would like the roster to be like this:
Iron Man
Captain America (Steve)
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Wasp (Janet)
Ant-Man (Hank)
Vision
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel

A miX of the staple of Avengers from the movies and comics.
Yeah, all of those characters you mention should be in. With The Marvels coming out it seems extra dumb to have Kamala be the viewpoint character and not have her meet CM at all.

So I've been playing this game off and on since last fall and I've beat the campaign and the other side campaigns. I've been doing the mission chains, but it still says I have 80+ missions to go? Am I missing something? How do I get that to 0?

So I've been playing this game off and on since last fall and I've beat the campaign and the other side campaigns. I've been doing the mission chains, but it still says I have 80+ missions to go? Am I missing something? How do I get that to 0?
I think they are just recycling side quests, they will be in constant loop, especially before for the players to buy more cosmetiX - which are all free now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"