Square Enix's Avengers

I don't get why this is being delisted. Like okay they could close the servers for the marketplace and multiplayer. But the solo campaign and the dlcs with story campaign, some people would actually buy the game for 10 dollars or less.

I just don't know an AAA game, that has a solo story campaign that has been delisted, removed from retail and digital stores, as someone who only caught up to plenty of ps4 games from 2018 to 2021.

Because of the Marvel license is up. This happens a lot with the Activision games and various other games were licenses have end agreements.

Because of the Marvel license is up. This happens a lot with the Activision games and various other games were licenses have end agreements.

Good riddance I say. I had such high expectations for this. I'm so disappointed.

I remembered the ActiVision games when I posted my comment, and iirc they were only delisted years after those games were released. And it was a bunch of ps1 to 3 games.

I don't get why this is being delisted. Like okay they could close the servers for the marketplace and multiplayer. But the solo campaign and the dlcs with story campaign, some people would actually buy the game for 10 dollars or less.

I just don't know an AAA game, that has a solo story campaign that has been delisted, removed from retail and digital stores, as someone who only caught up to plenty of ps4 games from 2018 to 2021.
Plenty of games have. Most Marvel games have in the past. Its likely a licensing issue. SE cant sell this indefinitely without paying Marvel/Disney and considering it will no longer be monetized, it doenst make sense to

ETA: I see others have posted this

I remembered the ActiVision games when I posted my comment, and iirc they were only delisted years after those games were released. And it was a bunch of ps1 to 3 games.
The PS4 remasters of MUA and MUA2 were released in 2016 and delisted in 2018. In fact all the Activision PS4 games were delisted

Last edited:
The sale of the studio also likely complicates things.

So when the game gets delisted can you still play the single player campaign as long as you can get a physical copy.

So when the game gets delisted can you still play the single player campaign as long as you can get a physical copy.
I think if you already bought the game digitally, its accessible. But if you don't, after its been delisted, you can no longer access the game from digital stores. So store it in your storage or eXternal drive, if you only have a digital copy.

For diX, it should be playable. Though I'm not sure how long the servers for the bug fiXes and updates will be online.

Should I just reinstall for Winter Soldier/Jane Foster? I haven't used those two.

Damn it’s nice to see all costumes available for free that’s how it should have been

I’m glad there’s a physical copy or would be stuffed in that department. Should be able to play with that after delisting. One downside is that it’s an absolutely huge file for your hard drive unless you have an expansion (I do but it’s not SSD so I don’t really use it anymore).

I suppose I'll fire it up again at some point in the near future to take advantage of the free costumes plus Winter Soldier and Jane Thor since I haven't played it since the Spidey update.

I’m glad there’s a physical copy or would be stuffed in that department. Should be able to play with that after delisting. One downside is that it’s an absolutely huge file for your hard drive unless you have an expansion (I do but it’s not SSD so I don’t really use it anymore).

I just ordered a copy so will get to play it at least. How big is the file size?

I just ordered a copy so will get to play it at least. How big is the file size?
On Xbox it’s currently 167.2GB! (for the digital version). And I think that massive final update is going to be 77GB.

On Xbox it’s currently 167.2GB! (for the digital version). And I think that massive final update is going to be 77GB.

Wow that's big. Hopefully not that size on PS4. But I only plan on playing the solo campaign/s anyway.

I picked this up a while back in a sale, I think I got the 'Definitive Edition' for something like £10 & I only decided to finally try it now because they released a patch & with the patch notes it said it's expected to be it's final update before they stop supporting the game.

I don't feel robbed at £10. The damage for this game was done with a luke-warm reveal, followed by a disastrous bug-ridden launch + the time frame it took to fix some things, it's launch price & the general business model choice they went with for the game.

The campaign seems very short & the DLC's (which I believe, like the formally premium cosmetics, are also free to everyone who buys the game before it stops being supported) follow the same pattern, very thin of actual content.

It's a shame because elements of the combat & gameplay show the potential this game could have had if they'd followed the more proven formula of the Arkham & Spider-Man game(s). You've such a library of stories to draw upon that could be told, to do so little with this many characters should be a crime.

I picked this up a while back in a sale, I think I got the 'Definitive Edition' for something like £10 & I only decided to finally try it now because they released a patch & with the patch notes it said it's expected to be it's final update before they stop supporting the game.

I don't feel robbed at £10. The damage for this game was done with a luke-warm reveal, followed by a disastrous bug-ridden launch + the time frame it took to fix some things, it's launch price & the general business model choice they went with for the game.

The campaign seems very short & the DLC's (which I believe, like the formally premium cosmetics, are also free to everyone who buys the game before it stops being supported) follow the same pattern, very thin of actual content.

It's a shame because elements of the combat & gameplay show the potential this game could have had if they'd followed the more proven formula of the Arkham & Spider-Man game(s). You've such a library of stories to draw upon that could be told, to do so little with this many characters should be a crime.
Yep, I’ll still be finishing the game. There was underlying potential there. Massive missed opportunity.

Reactions: B
Yep, I’ll still be finishing the game. There was underlying potential there. Massive missed opportunity.

It's really a damn shame as some of the heroes are great to play & like Batman/Spider-Man games, they actually make you feel powerful when you're chaining combos, takedowns & abilities together.

It's really a damn shame as some of the heroes are great to play & like Batman/Spider-Man games, they actually make you feel powerful when you're chaining combos, takedowns & abilities together.
Agreed. A shame the endgame content is so boring.

The template is right there with Batman Arkham and Spider-Man Insomniac.

With so many Gta clones, I don't know why they can't "clone" those games.

Agreed. A shame the endgame content is so boring.

I'm maybe a bit different to most, as far as endgame content goes with games, I'm perfectly content with searching the map for things, little mini-games & side quests ie effectively what Arkham did with the riddles, puzzles & trophies, Spider-Man did with the old backpacks, puzzles, photos etc etc. Not to mention the sort of challenge rooms you can do which I also personally like. But not everybody likes that.

The template is right there with Batman Arkham and Spider-Man Insomniac.

With so many Gta clones, I don't know why they can't "clone" those games.

You could quite easily plug any of the characters from this Avengers game into Insomniac's New York from Spider-Man & you could make a game around one or a couple of them.

The gameplay/combat for Avengers feels familiar to Arkham & Spider-Man games in regard to combos, abilities, takedowns etc.

From a technical standpoint a lot of the characters aren't too dissimilar to Spider-Man in terms of combat, the biggest problem are would probably be how to replace swinging for flight in Iron Man's case or coming up with something clever for someone like Black Widow, Hawkeye or Captain America to get around NY quickly.

So I got this game finally recently but do have a bit of a backlog and was gonna put playing this on the back burner. If I want all of the DLC for free though am I better starting the game before September?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"