Square Enix's Avengers

I personally would just prefer them to move on to a new Marvel game. Revisiting the locations shown in the wartable just to repeat stuff is just eh. I also didn't like the skill tree here.

Me too. There hasn't been much in the way of Marvel games over the recent years aside from mobile trash.

Ok, who had professor bro Hulk at the top of their list? lol

So, I finished the campaign. Overall very meh. I really want to like this game, but I'm very underwhelmed and everything feels so unrewarding. Felt more like I was slogging along as opposed to actually progressing.

Iron Man looks good. I think I'm going to wait until they're all released before pulling the trigger on the skins but I'm hoping Thor looks at least as good as the IM and Cap skins.

So, I finished the campaign. Overall very meh. I really want to like this game, but I'm very underwhelmed and everything feels so unrewarding. Felt more like I was slogging along as opposed to actually progressing.
It didn’t have to be like this. :csad:

They should have followed the X-Men Legends template, then a take a cue from Spider-Man 2018, if they want more replayability with accessible areas after the main campaign.

This game has a lot of similarities with X-Men Legends but not being able to switch characters in battle, the "you must play each character so they can level up", the skill tree, the enemies that are mostly faceless AIM soldiers, the shoddy costumes, just didn't make the game fun.

Even if we get 10 more playables characters, 10 new locations, the gameplay is still the same. Each character have 3 special attack moves and it will take a lot of grinding to see their skill tree. So I really want another developer to be already developing a non solo Marvel triple A videogame. I think I would even be content with a Capt. America solo game as long as its better than this. Solo Marvel games could easily follow the blueprint of Spider-Man/Miles Morales even if its a linear game.

I personally would just prefer them to move on to a new Marvel game. Revisiting the locations shown in the wartable just to repeat stuff is just eh. I also didn't like the skill tree here.
I personally would prefer crystal dynamics or square enix never touch another marvel property. Plenty of other quality developers out there who would’ve killed for the chance to work with these characters.

Agreed. This was a major fumble which took years to deliver. As I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if word came out about the project direction being changed part way through development so they could make it a live service game. Either that or this was just always an incompetent team that struggled the entire time.

The Red Room stuff is decent.

A lot of the new costumes look cool, but holy **** why are they so expensive. Seriously. This is the type of crap Battlefront II got hammered for. I don't want to pay $20 for one costume. That's absolutely insane. It's not as if you can even grind to get any of them, let alone do it an a satisfactory way. It's frustrating.

It actually baffles me how amazingly un-fun they've made this game in every possible way. It makes me look at EA's Battlefront more fondly, because at least it succeeded at being a decent casual shooter before extorting customers and generally souring the experience. And making EA look good is an unforgivable sin.

So what's going on with the Cap and Thor Endgame skins? Did they just forget about them?

Like they forgot to finish making the game. :rimshot:
giphy.gif

Content roadmaps are stupid. I'm sorry. Why not just put all these things in the game from the outset and give people more actual content to play? Why is content being dripped out?

Keep people investing time, therefore investing money.

Yeah I know, but that's not what they anticipated. This game was in trouble a few months ago. And it got shipped out unpolished and unfinished.

I know it’s been said over and over, but it still amazes me how they dropped the ball with one of the most well known IPs in today’s world.

They jumped on the whole looter shooter/hero shooter thing too late. And time and time again, major single player narrative driven experiences have proven they can still do well.

Hopefully Rocksteady does a better job with Suicide Squad and shows you can do a game comic book game focused on a team of unique individuals with their own skills and abilities.

I think I'm less surprised this had a terrible launch and continues to have a terrible post-release, and more surprised they let this even happen. You would've thought after seeing this happen to a majority of games as service shooter looter games, they would've tried to avoid all the same pitfalls. Yet, instead they fell into all the same exact ones.

How could you be that stupid and inept? It shouldn't be this hard.

Content roadmaps are stupid. I'm sorry. Why not just put all these things in the game from the outset and give people more actual content to play? Why is content being dripped out?
This game was released a year, if not 18 months early. The board were clearly not willing to wait.

The idea would have been to have a fully complete game on launch, with large content packs to keep people going, and paying for all this BS cosmetics. Without the base game to do that, this has all crumbled. Badly.

I think I'm less surprised this had a terrible launch and continues to have a terrible post-release, and more surprised they let this even happen. You would've thought after seeing this happen to a majority of games as service shooter looter games, they would've tried to avoid all the same pitfalls. Yet, instead they fell into all the same exact ones.

How could you be that stupid and inept? It shouldn't be this hard.
They thought the IP made it foolproof. Instead, it just got people more pissed off when it wasn't awesome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"