Square Enix's Avengers

So is Spider-Man just not happening anymore?
He apparently still is. But the problem is he is probably going to be last now, because the speed in which they make content, having a character who is available for only one system is deadly.

Hmmm. Just finished the Hawkeye story dlc and at first I was enjoying it. I liked using Hawkeye though weird, he was blond with full hair and suddenly bald like in the Kate dlc when he put his costume on??? The set of special attacks of Hawkeye is probably the best out of the 8. He can heal and the other two are useful in battle especially compare to the some special moves of Cap, Thor and Hulk in which are easily wasted if you don't aim well.

I liked that there's a new location but still the enemies are Aim. The boss fight was probably the hardest for me because it took so long and I wa circling around the room and using my arrow the entire time. However, the story just ended without resolution, like it uust ended and the story was kinda filler, so now I'm kinda meh about it, and glad that I didn't save the other half of the dlc for tomorrow.

I'm only keeping this in my console for the neXt story dlc/playable character because I just have no interest in doing the other stuff in the game and I don't want to redownload updates. I wish Square eniX can release the rest of the dlcs as soon as they can because this Hawkeye story dlc is short and undercooked and doesn't seem like worth the wait especially to someone that have been waiting since Kate's dlc came out in December. I can't see Black Panther and Spider-Man having a longer story dlc as well and we shouldn't wait until very late in 2021 for a 3 hour dlc. Black Panther imo should be arriving in May.

These two dlcs felt like Act 2 of the story campaign. And I wonder if they just focused on single player campaign, included these dlcs in the main game from the start. It could have been a more complete game. I feel like they are saving the other characters/enemies/locations as dlcs so people would churn out $ for the microtransactions while waiting, especially in multiplayer and their plan just backfired. Plus add in the Covid effect and now they are trapped in this mess.

Last edited:
According to Scott Amos , Spider-Man is still coming out for the Playstation consumer after the release of Black Panther .
Which would still be a year after the release of the game. Honestly, I don't expect Black Panther this summer. More likely Fall, which would mean only 2 characters in the first year. Even if Spider-Man came out in time for a Dec release with his flick, that would be 4 characters in 16 months. They promised them like every month.

Which would still be a year after the release of the game. Honestly, I don't expect Black Panther this summer. More likely Fall, which would mean only 2 characters in the first year. Even if Spider-Man came out in time for a Dec release with his flick, that would be 4 characters in 16 months. They promised them like every month.

Yeah they really need to get their **** together.

Information about all upcoming roadmap projects:
- Tachyon Anomaly Event
The tachyon anomaly event will allow you to play as more than one of the same character. It will also encourage you to, offering challenges that encourage multiple of the same characters to be used in the same mission. A new Tachyon Rift mission will also be introduced in the Eastern Seaboard location.
- Red Room Takeover
This is a Black Widow Centric storyline releasing around the same time as the movie. Yelena Belova will star and place surveillance chips inside of aimbots, your job being to retrieve them. find the source and settle an old score. Later on, the Yelena will activate the Red Room as she hijacks the HARM room and creates a challenging trap that the Avengers will have to escape from. Multiple variations of this challenge will happen throughout the event. Each hero will be able to unlock Red Room inspired Nameplates.
- The Cosmic Cube
A new villain sector coming starring Monica Rappaccini aka the AIM Scientist Supreme. This will take place after the events of Operation Hawkeye: Future Imperfect and continue the story. Players will go to the tundra to uncover a secret aim lab where monica is building a cosmic cube. The Fight is a completely new experience with a clone army of herself.
- Wasteland Patrol
Patrol is a new game mode for the wasteland area in the new hawkeye update. It will be one large map where players can move between areas. Enemies and activities will continuously spawn and encourage exploration while providing Freedom.
- War for Wakanda
Black Panther, the Wakandan Jungle Biome, Klaw, a new outpost, and new outfits come in a huge expansion to the game that will come at no additional cost.
- Extras Coming Soon:
Spider-Man (Sony Exclusive)
MCU Outfits
Multiplayer Mega Hives
Increased Leveling
Cloning Labs
Super Adaptoid OLT

Question for those who have played this if you like playing a single player and not online is this still a game you should get.

Question for those who have played this if you like playing a single player and not online is this still a game you should get.
I'd say rent it if you can to try it out because while it's definitely fun to play as the Avengers (some more than others) but the gameplay gets repetitive after a while.

I got this for 22 dollars, imo for people want to play a Marvel console game other than Spider-Man, Lego Marvel and those fighting games, yes and I havent played an avengers game before this.

Story dlcs are also free, so that will eXtend your gameplay by at least3 hours, if you find the story campaign too short.

But if you aren't into Marvel in the first place, then I would say no.

Avengers has come to PS Now (PS4 version) for a few months. How long before it arrives on PS+ do you think?

I do find the different responses to this games release compared to Monster Hunter Rise's release interesting. Both essentially have GAAS models. Both released with a lack of endgame content. Heck, Monster Hunter has pretty shallow story.

But one released a buggy mess. And another surprised everyone by how well it ran on weaker hardware. And the promised content is more tangible for Monster Hunter.

I'm getting around to playing the DLC. Finished the Kate Bishop missions and I'm going to play the Clint stuff this weekend. The game runs so much smoother on the PS5. Part of my frustration was how long the load times were for a game that's pretty repetitive but since the PS5 version eliminates that, it makes for a much better experience as far as gameplay goes.

What's needed is more playable characters. Kate was fun to play as and I'm sure Clint is and T'Challa will be too, but why can't we see Ant-Man in action? All Hank Pym has done in the game is stand around looking like Jason Clarke cosplaying as Star Lord.

I do find the different responses to this games release compared to Monster Hunter Rise's release interesting. Both essentially have GAAS models. Both released with a lack of endgame content. Heck, Monster Hunter has pretty shallow story.

But one released a buggy mess. And another surprised everyone by how well it ran on weaker hardware. And the promised content is more tangible for Monster Hunter.
Monster Hunter has a great track record at this point. You know what you getting into with it.

Yeah, but even for a non-G rank version, the end game is anemic to other releases.

The creative director for The Avengers left Crystal Dynamics, went back to Naughty Dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"