Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Discussion in 'Stand-Alone Movies' started by Jedi-Spirit, Feb 8, 2013.

1. superman-mos

superman-mos Well-Known Member

I love the Kenobi , Maul, Cody idea above . I think it would be an amazing film that would really touch on a lot of character moments . Even going as far as seeing a Jedi finally having to confront all the emotions they try to avoid . Seeing obi wan dealing with such anger and probably depression from seeing the man he trained and considered a brother betray everything , Cody possibly suffering from PTSD after Order 66 and looking for another battle because that's the only place that feels like home and Maul having lost all reason for being clinging to anything that would give him a reason to keep going with revenge being all that's left. I've also heard and read some others but this is what I'd like to see

1. A seven samurai/ magnificent seven style Jedi movie
    2. Origins of the Sith
    3. Vader : year one - him still struggling and still not fully committed to the darkside with it ending with Vader fully accepting his role now in the universe and becoming this unstoppable force for the empire
    4. The Grey Jedi - something surrounding a lone grey jedi traveling and keeping the force in balance . Almost like a man with no name western

2. Punisher_MAX

Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

Shadow of the Empire. Thought it was a cool game and the book was pretty cool.

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I'd want something to bring Kyle Katarn into revised canon.

4. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

I suspect the 2020 movie is either about what Obi Wan was doing between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, or a young Yoda and his path to becoming a jedi.

5. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

It has to be either one of those or a Boba Fett movie.

6. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

Gary Whitta:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/826677-future-star-wars-movies?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=future-star-wars-movies#/slide/1

7. Mask&Cape

Mask&Cape Well-Known Member

No, never. De-mystifying Yoda just simply won't work.

This makes a lot of sense too me.

Star Wars is a an entire galaxy, and if they keep falling back on the same heroes and villains it would get very stale, very quickly.

I think the third Star Wars Story will move into the Sequel Trilogy era. If it was being made before Episode IX, I'd want a Poe Dameron & Black Squadron movie - it could have covered their formation and missions over the years or a Dambusters type film were they are preparing for a major mission. However, since it is due out after the Sequel Trilogy concludes I think the film will be used to expanded the post-First Order galaxy.

I was also thinking the that apart from introducing new main characters, that the standalone movies could be used for the Sequel Trilogy characters to have solo adventures and the occasional team up. For example, Rey travels the stars looking for more Jedi potentials and helping those in need, Finn tries to find evidence to lead him to his family, Poe's further adventures, Phasma becomes a bounty hunter, etc. and then a few years down the road Rey, Finn and Poe reunite for a new Saga Trilogy - something like the Marvel movies (solo adventures, Avengers movie, solo movies, avengers films, etc.)

8. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

I'd love a Pod Racing movie of some kind. The Fast and the Furious in a galaxy far, far away. Say what you will about the prequel movies, but I still think the pod racing was dope.

9. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I don't think Fast & Furious meets Star Wars is something that needs to happen...

10. NealKenneth

NealKenneth Well-Known Member

This is a tough one, partly because I thought the premise for Rouge One was just about perfect, but the result was definetly underwhelming. That makes me question just about everything that "sounds good."

It would be an outright waste to not do at least one film set before Episode 4 with Ewan McGregor. Hell, you could do a whole trilogy. Done well, that would replace the prequels for me. It could easily double as a Boba Fett origin and feature a little Palpatine to whet the palate.

11. darthcoolness3

darthcoolness3 Well-Known Member

How about a C-3PO spinoff movie, since Anthony Daniels must be tired of sharing the spotlight with R2-D2 in every Star Wars movie

12. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Yes. So much yes.

Just make it a sports movie in the Star Wars world. I want the same thing for Quidditch in the Harry Potter universe.

Not everything needs world ending stakes. Just make a fun stand alone movie in the universe.

It's definitely more interesting than just making prequels to stories/characters

13. NinjaTurtleFan

NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

To me, Boba Fett, a Young Leia movie with Millie Bobby Brown, Old Ben/Obi-Wan Kenobi and maybe a Yoda or Knights of the Old Republic movie would be the way to go as far as standalone spin-offs. I actually liked Del Toro's idea of a "Godfather"-esque Jabba the Hutt film but he was more than likely joking about it than playing it straight with that idea.