Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Discussion in 'Stand-Alone Movies' started by Jedi-Spirit, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Give it time. They may do it eventually.

2. Loki882 Registered

James Bond being recastable wasn't apparent AT THE TIME!! Trying to recast Connery the first time is more comparable to the Han situation than the subsequent recasting. I could also point out that TOS Enterprise crew were always played by the same actors for DECADES, both in TV and on-film, and for far longer and in many more projects that Harrison as Han. And yet they recast the entire crew (plus Khan, Adm. Pike, Carol Marcus, Sarek, and Amanda Grayson) for the Abrams films and the GA accepted it.

3. Eros Registered

Bro Star trek was a reboot/alternate timeline take on the characters. But guess who still played Old Spock..Nimoy.

4. Eros Registered

Now if this movie had come out in the 80s yeah i could see that, but at this point Harrison Ford is always going to be Han solo

5. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

And everyone has their own choice of who is the best Bond.

Should we ignore Ewan McGregor because he isn't Alec Guinness.

6. Eros Registered

I dont ignore him, im a huge fan, but he was also the best thing in bad movies. now if they recast him an do a young young young teen obi-wan movie..

7. Closerframe Registered

Would love to see what Duncan Jones direct a stand alone film. He could easily take any concept in the universe and probably make it entertaining. However, I would love to see his spin on an "Old Republic" storyline focused on the war between the Sith and Jedi that resulted in the inevitable Rule of Two.

Zack Snyder already expressed an interest in directing a "Seven Samurai" style film which sounds like an absolutely badass idea.

George Miller! I know this one is out of left field, but after seeing Fury Road I have no doubt he could balance the special effects and realism in an organic way, as well as having an entertaining thrill ride of action sequences.

Finally, I don't know who I would like to see direct it, but eventually a movie focused solely on the Sith. This philosophy gets a bad rep, but it would be cool to see things from their perspective.

8. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I'd be down for a Jabba the Hutt gangster film, kinda like what Del Toro had suggested.

9. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

The Ultimate
    Disney/Marvel/Lucas production:
    Return of the Star Hoppers !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MAKE IT NOW!!!

#259 Mondragon, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  10. ShaZam612 Registered

Force Unleashed movie thanks

11. Lord All Mighty

If i'm not mistaken, back in the 80s, Lucas mentioned the possibility of side films to the main films featuring other characters, one of them was about the Droids R2D3 and C3PO, would like to see an animated film for them, probably done by Pixar.

Guillermo del Toro's idea of a Jabba film also sounded interesting, would be cool to see that as long as he was the one making it.

12. Napoleon Registered

I like the idea of GDT's Jabba film and would definitely pay to see it, but I'm not sure it would have much mass appeal. I see it being adapted into a book as more likely, as GDT initially did with The Strain.

A Jedi-focused film set before the prequels would also be something I'd want to see, maybe it could feature an actual badass Mace Windu like we got in the old EU.

Something set between ROTJ and TFA I'd love as well.

13. Octoberist point blank

I'm still in the mindset that Boba Fett (when his movie gets released) should be disfigured somehow, which explains why his helmet is always on, and is a man of few words. That could kinda die in how he would sound different by the time the OT rolls in, and not sound like Jango Fett.

14. Boom I got nothin'

A Jabba the Hutt gangster film in the same vein as Goodfellas.

15. Bim Registered

Maybe since he looked like the clones, it just wasnt a popular face to have, since it very much could be that the clones werent exactly loved before they flickered away, since they enforced the start of the Empire. I could see Boba just try and keep his face hidden all the time. And those who saw his face? He desintegrated them :cwink:

16. dude stannis Registered

Having revisited Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones and played spot the future celebrity, I think there's a good story to be told with Sabé and Dormé and what became of them after Padmé died. Keira Knightley (Sabé) was throwing down like a badass at the end of TPM, running head first into on coming blaster fire in the rediculous queen garb. Then you had Rose Byrne who played Dormé as a bit of a wallflower. They could make for a fun duo getting into misadventures in Naboo.

17. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

18. Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

19. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I'd really like to see a movie about how the Jedi/Sith came to be, as well as seeing the first lightsabers being constructed.

There's so much stuff I would love to see them do.

20. AnneFan Hathaway #1

Obi-Wan after ROTS - before ANH would be my number one.

21. NewYorkSpider EndGame

That would be my #1 as well. I believe Ewan McGregor said he would love to reprise his role as Obi-Wan. I hope it happens.

22. Lobo Liv is Life

He's the perfect age to okay that time period right now, too.

23. titansupes Registered

I'm pretty sure that's everyones number one most wanted Anthology movie.

24. dude stannis Registered

That one seems like a given doesn't it? He's signed a multi picture deal with Disney and he's shot Beauty and the Beast. Wouldn't surprise me if Obi-Wan was the next or second next film after EpIX.

25. Lord All Mighty

Obi-Wan lends himself for multiple possibilities, i would actualy like to one day see a Qui-Gon/ Obi-Wan film that can serve as a proper prelude to the main saga. Seems like there are many things from the Prequels that aren't quite clear yet, even with the tv shows helping them, and could be neat to see the 1920s inspired designs from the Prequels done by someone better than Lucas.