Star Trek Forum Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just waiting for the return of the Bond boards. Bond was formerly a section. :yay:

Anyway, that's the line you tread when a new forum gets opened. The Star Trek forum wasn't the beginning, but the Star Wars forum was. As for G.I. Joe and TMNT, I believe these are only here because they actually paid to have forums here. I think it was the same deal with the Bond boards.

But the Star Wars boards opened things up. The Star Wars boards, if I was told correctly, was created not out of a deal, but because the admins thought that Star Wars had such an huge impact on pop culture and an expansive universe to discuss. Now that a Star Trek forum has opened, mods should and most like have seen coming the floodgates of opening now strict superhero boards and I think it can be a good thing.

Even if it's not Bond or Lord of The Rings in the future, I look forward to the opening of more boards because there are many geek franchises that can possibly warrant it (though I can't really name anything else on the top of my head other than those two now).

Not really. I understand you're making the argument that this sets a precedent, but you're wrong, because the precedent has been set in place for a while now. I don't think he even needed to petition to get this done honestly. I asked an admin to talk to the owner about setting up a TWD TV forum and that happened. Another guy asked for the Arrow section and got it. As far as I can see the general policy on requesting individual sections/forums is that if it's a good idea and makes sense on a this forum then the staff will see to it that it gets done. It's a whole lot better than the management on some other big forums I'm a member of and I applaud the staff for being so open to suggestion and growth. It's also not like they're overdoing it with a Star Trek section since, well, it's Star Trek. You might use the argument that this is all it takes but until they start handing out new sections to every franchise you're merely being snark and pessimistic.

Wow, we got a TWD forum because you asked for one? I'm sure thats exactly how it happened.

I'm not being snark or pessimistic at all. I really wish you guys would stop thinking that because it couldn't be further from the the truth, honestly.

People can still vote here and say no to what already happened?
Close the poll

The Elders of the Internet bestowed upon you this Star Trek Forum. Use your new found powers wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"