The Force Awakens Star Wars: Episode 7 Character Details. Casting Already Underway in the UK!

I'm eager to see who the actual characters will be.

As am I.

As for cast I'm working on one based on character descriptions. I'd like Malcolm McDowell in the older male role. Also I'd bet 5 bucks Elle Fanning ends up in one of the female roles.

At least the male characters aren't teens. I would have liked to have seen a mature female Jedi though.

Episode 7 has potential one that can easily be ruined and destroyed by Disney steering to prequel haters

Prequel fans should feel alienated. :o

Maybe the reason we got such fast confirmation of the casting sheet ties into what Kathleen Kennedy has said and alluded to before.

We talk about that all the time. I think the whole issue of confidentiality is gonna be fascinating as we move into making the movie. If we’re shooting anything outside, it’s almost impossible to not have things end up on the Internet. So my feeling is, you need to embrace that, especially with the fans around something like Star Wars. You need to recognize they’re important to the process and acknowledge there are things you’re gonna want to make sure they get to know. So I think that’s something we’re going to monitor, pay attention to and think differently about.

My stating that prequel fans should feel alienated as a fact is no different than your stating that Disney steering to prequel haters will ruin the movie.

They are trying to make them more like the OT. I think most (if not all ) PT fans love the OT as well....so ya that won't alienate them. If there are PT only fans there are very few of them. Why do I have the feeling that this is some sort of baiting.....

They are trying to make them more like the OT. I think most (if not all ) PT fans love the OT as well....so ya that won't alienate them. If there are PT only fans there are very few of them. Why do I have the feeling that this is some sort of baiting.....
They shouldnt I have seen superman returns and after that I can assure you that that is the last thing you and me want

And what proff do you have that there is few prequel fans put up or shut up

I could see Ben Barnes in the late twenty something role even though he is 31.

For the 70 year old male? Look no further than Tom Wilkinson. Sorted.

So does anyone know if there's a possibility they would be doing open casting calls?

Prequel fans should feel alienated. :o

They definitely shouldn't be taking any notes from the prequels. Some die hards defend it and thats fine, different opinions are nice but by and large, It was a critical disaster for the franchise.

"Critical disaster" is a bit of a hyperbole.

Yeah, I mean I'd say they were a major PR dent in the franchise. But if we're talking purely critically, if you look at RT Episodes I-III are 57%, 67% and 80% respectively. Below par for the series for sure, but they weren't all out panned- all technically had a majority of positive reviews.

It's just that the overall "consensus" if you factor in audience response was pretty bad. But let's be honest, Episode III was pretty well liked at the time with fans and general audiences. The trilogy seemed to go out on an overall good note with most people.

Yeah, I mean I'd say they were a major PR dent in the franchise. But if we're talking purely critically, if you look at RT Episodes I-III are 57%, 67% and 80% respectively. Below par for the series for sure, but they weren't all out panned- all technically had a majority of positive reviews.

It's just that the overall "consensus" if you factor in audience response was pretty bad. But let's be honest, Episode III was pretty well liked at the time with fans and general audiences. The trilogy seemed to go out on an overall good note with most people.

Did it really? Every Star Wars fan I know (a lot) were VERY disappointed with the trilogy.

Eh, there was a wave of positive buzz after Episode III. Eventually a lot of fans turned on that one too, throwing it under the bus along with the other 2. But it definitely had a solid amount of support back in 2005.

I thought there was positive buzz after Episode 3 because after two lackluster ones, it became the best one. But even though I liked that one the most out of the prequels, there's still that stigma of the previous two films. My thought was "Why after two failed tries he got this one kinda right?" And the more I thought of Episode 3, the more I disliked it after a few months.

I could see Ben Barnes in the late twenty something role even though he is 31.

Age should never be factor into anything. Like with anything in Hollywood, it's about looks. 29 year old Andrew Garfield is playing a 17-18 year old Peter Parker, almost convincingly. As long as they don't hit that brick wall later down the line with the sequels, it should be fine. Also, Star Wars is one of those franchises where an actor's age and the age the character isn't a huge plot point.

That's why I think Ryan Gosling, who is 32, can play a late 20-something year old easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"