The Force Awakens Star Wars VII Story Ideas

Hyde

Ooga-Chaka
Reaction score
We're already going crazy with this news, but what do you guys think the story should be like? We've already got confirmation the story for the entire trilogy will be original, but do you think they should take some inspiration from the Expanded Universe (Anakin Solo, Palpatine clone)?

Sound off.

There are 2 crimes in the EU: One was [BLACKOUT]killing Anakin Solo[/BLACKOUT], arguably the best character and most poignant Force user, also a vessel to tell a great story about the perception of the Force. The second was [BLACKOUT]killing Mara Jade[/BLACKOUT] and in such a punkish way. The whole storyline is a disgrace.

If the new movie retcons those 2 in any damn way, I'll have gotten back my money.

To the vast majority of the movie's audience, the EU doesn't exist. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney made the EU books non-canon and have only the official films/TV shows canon, which is something I'd be perfectly happy with.

Although I own A LOT of EU stuff which would be used to wipe my butt if they got retconned, I don't mind. Movies uber alles.

I just can't decide whether I want Skywalkers or not, or how far into the future they should jump.

Looks like Whedon wants the Yuuzhan Vong invasion (aka the 19 NJO books) as the plot focus.

And you know what? Ever since I read them, that's what I wanted, too. Not that I matter in any way, but I even began to write my own Ep7-9 trilogy back then (2004), based on those 19 books. They are truly some of the best I've read.

Me neither. Who were the new protagonists in the EU? I know of Anakin Solo and Mara Jade, but that's it.

Me neither. Who were the new protagonists in the EU? I know of Anakin Solo and Mara Jade, but that's it.

Well, mostly Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo, Mara Jade and, to a lesser extent, Corran Horn.

One thing I hope is that they give us an idea of if Boba survived. I don't really want him to be the main chractr or anything, I certainly don't want him in a rehashed capacity either, but just to see him pass by somewhere or interact briefly would be nice.
That said, I really want some MAdalorians this time. The Clone Wars have done fantastic with the Death Watch concept, so to see some of these guys running around the galaxy still would be pretty cool.

I once tried to write my own stories for the new trilogy.

Granted I was like 7 so they were *****. I can't remember a lot of details except it had Mara Jade and resurrected Sith Lords from the past, lol.

Jacen and Jaina? Are they the twins?

It had Darth Bane and Darth Plagueis and some others. I kept envisioning Bane in a luchador mask.

:p

Indeed. Although [BLACKOUT]Jaina kills Jacen when he goes Sith and kills Mara Jade[/BLACKOUT].

...Alright then. So, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin are all children of Han and Leia, correct? Doesn't Luke have Ben Skywalker?

Plagueis? That would make you 14 now, no?

Nearly. Got the best growing-up-hood imaginable, what with MCU, possibility of JL movie and now Star Wars sequels.

I think having those four as the main protagonists with Luke as the aging Jedi Master in a supporting role would work.

And drastically altering Jacen's later characterisation. He was interesting when he was trying to look into the Force and viewed the matter philosophically, but he was just too self important to take his search anywhere good.

I can see the others (except C-3PO and R2-D2 of course) having passed away by now, as they can just explain that Luke was kept alive through the Force, akin to Yoda.

If that's the case, I'd rather Luke be dead, too, tbh.

The most difficult thing about thinking of story ideas for this is the threat. It's a sequel to a movie where the galaxy was declared safe, the Sith were wiped out. How do you introduce a new threat without feeling repetitive?

I wouldn't mind Dark Jedi, or going back to my (much) younger years, resurrected Sith Lords.

The most difficult thing about thinking of story ideas for this is the threat. It's a sequel to a movie where the galaxy was declared safe, the Sith were wiped out. How do you introduce a new threat without feeling repetitive?
Exactly right.

If you want to avoid the Sith, then Yuuzhan Vong is the way to go. Although that's NJO adaptation territory, which has already been confirmed it won't be. My point is, the Sith are gone and, unless this movie takes place 1000 years after RotJ (traditionally the frequency the Sith choose to return each time), then I'm all for another threat. Like the Vong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"