Star Wars Visions (Anime Anthology)

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score

Ummm, when did we learn about this? Because we got a first look.

Studio Trigger with the director of Kill La Kill and Promare has my HYPED.

It came up during the Investor's Day stuff last December. Nice to have a date and a peek.

2 Studio Trigger animes? Holy ****.

Still super hyped for the Twins over The Elder, though.

Wish Madhouse got to do a segment.

But the designs and concept art from all the studios look awesome.

Can’t wait to see which voice actors are in each segment!

Fingers crossed for Steven Blum!

They had me at Studio Trigger being a part of this project. The fact that they get to do 2 of them is even better. That Imaishi art style is so distinctive. :funny:

Hope the success of this will get them to do a 2nd season of shorts done by other anime studios. Maybe Mappa, Ufotable, Kyoto Animation, Studio Bones, Khara? Could you just imagine a Star Wars short that looked as beautiful as something like Violet Evergarden, or fights animated like something from Demon Slayer or any of the Fate anime?

I’m just salivating at the thought and possibility of it.

**** yes. This’ll probably be my favourite piece of modern SW music.

Foreheads will come together...

...As well as both hot-blooded youths shouting at and hitting each other in the heat of battle to try and knock sense into the other, all while continuously and inexplicably leveling up through sheer willpower. Wouldn’t be an Studio Trigger and Imaishi anime without them.

**** yes. This’ll probably be my favourite piece of modern SW music.

Based on the premise and the composer, I already know I’m going to have my heart broken.

They've worked on the recent Ultraman and Ghost in the Shell SAC shows.

EDIT:

OMFG, she has THE gurren lagann sunglasses.

Last edited:

OMFG, she has THE gurren lagann sunglasses.

Funnily enough, it simultaneously evokes Gurren Lagann enough to be kind of awesomely over-the-top and silly, but kind of still works as a plausible helmet design that could exist in actual Star Wars by incorporating the glasses seamlessly into the helmet. Her character design is basically just “female Darth Vader meets less risqué Senketsu Ryuko from Kill la Kill”, and I love it.

I’m actually surprised at how much they were able to get away with in her design, like the butt skirt cape, the “underwear” on the outside of her uniform pants, the thigh-high boots. Not something you’d normally see with a character in a project released under the Disney banner.

Not Sawano, but still a good pick. She was the composer of Little Witch Academia and the og Fullmetal Alchemist.

Loved FMA’s soundtrack (and that show in general, which I think is underrated. Yes, Brotherhood is better but the og show has a lot of greatness in it.)

Musically, Visions has me more excited than any of the other SW tv projects. And I say this who loves what Goransson, Giacchino and the Kiners have done. In general I think music in anime is a lot more to my taste.

A Mysterious Former Sith Wanders the Galaxy in Ronin, the Upcoming Star Wars: Visions Novel - Exclusive Reveal | StarWars.com

Star Wars: Ronin: A Visions Novel by Emma Mieko Candon, coming October 12, will expand on the world of The Duel, telling the story of a former, unnamed Sith — known only as Ronin, i.e., a wandering samurai — as he travels the galaxy. According to James Waugh of the Lucasfilm Story Group and executive producer of Star Wars: Visions, there was just too much left to explore in Mizuno’s vision (for lack of better term) to stop with one tale. “Out of all the shorts, The Duel felt most rife for an ongoing story in a novel. Another one of Ronin’s adventures. One of the things I always loved about the short was that it was clear there was a larger history at play. That this wasn’t the first adventure this warrior had been through and it certainly won’t be their last. What are those stories?” Waugh tells StarWars.com. “The team at Kamikaze Douga were very generous in obliging our interest in continuing the storytelling and had a ton of ideas to lend in the creative process. Visions allows us to explore Star Wars expressed in new ways. And this book is unlike anything we’ve done before.”

02DDA6BC-732D-46BF-80F8-81E030EDE2EB.jpeg

Not Sawano, but still a good pick. She was the composer of Little Witch Academia and the og Fullmetal Alchemist.

FMA 2003 was one of the shows that really got me into anime, and the score was a big part of that, so I’m even more excited for that particular short.

Loved FMA’s soundtrack (and that show in general, which I think is underrated. Yes, Brotherhood is better but the og show has a lot of greatness in it.)

Musically, Visions has me more excited than any of the other SW tv projects. And I say this who loves what Goransson, Giacchino and the Kiners have done. In general I think music in anime is a lot more to my taste.

I love what those mentioned composers have done for expanding the sonic landscape of Star Wars, but, just like with Goransson, I’m interested to see what other takes these composers bring to the table outside of the established John Williams palate and how similar or different they will sound to what’s been established. Will they draw from the existing library of themes, create from scratch or mix and match? Should be interesting.

FMA 2003 was one of the shows that really got me into anime, and the score was a big part of that, so I’m even more excited for that particular short.

I love what those mentioned composers have done for expanding the sonic landscape of Star Wars, but, just like with Goransson, I’m interested to see what other takes these composers bring to the table outside of the established John Williams palate and how similar or different they will sound to what’s been established. Will they draw from the existing library of themes, create from scratch or mix and match? Should be interesting.

Yeah I’m waiting to here the “Star Wars” equivalent of something like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"