Deadpool 2 Stefan Kapicic is Colossus

eon001

Sidekick
Reaction score
Couldn't see a Colossus thread, and I think he deserves his own. There's alot I want to discuss about the character and actor.

First of all I love the way they've portrayed the character and the actor is awesome.

However I did notice the CGI was not as good. I thought that I was imagining it, then I realized that Tim Miller was the main SFX guy in the first movie and he is no longer part of the franchise, so that would explain the change in CGI.

Small nit pick, didn't take me out of the movie, just an observation.

I'm sure most of us have seen this but I'll post it for anyone that missed it.
It took 5 actors to create Tim Millers version of Colossus. I' guessing Deadpool 2 just created one CGI version with Stefan doing voice over. (And maybe mo cap)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LncTFEnxRV8

Last edited:
Couldn't see a Colossus thread, and I think he deserves his own. There's alot I want to discuss about the character and actor.

First of all I love the way they've portrayed the character and the actor is awesome.

However I did notice the CGI was not as good. I thought that I was imagining it, then I realized that Tim Miller was the main SFX guy in the first movie and he is no longer part of the franchise, so that would explain the change in CGI.

Small nit pick, didn't take me out of the movie, just an observation.

Haven't seen the new movie yet, but I imagined that there'd be a dip in the (overall) CGI without Tim Miller @ the helm.

I found the CGI in the first one to be more tactile than even in most big budget movies.

I also wanted to discuss the chances of ever seeing human form Colossus.

Last year Stefan mentioned that it is something he would like to see, but then I read conflicting reports that say that this version of Colossus just stay's in his metal form.

I'm fine with it either way, but if they ever decide to switch Colossus back to human for dialogue scenes, Deadpool is the kind of franchise that could cover the plot holes with some 4th wall explanations.

"Where trying to save money on Deadpool 3 so were using a human Colossus for half the movie" :woot:

"Stefan wanted to up his instagram followers so he demanded some screen time for the 3rd movie" :woot:

"Colossus was suffering from insecurity issues, so he spends his whole time in full metal even though he doesn't have to" :woot:

Haven't seen the new movie yet, but I imagined that there'd be a dip in the (overall) CGI without Tim Miller @ the helm.

I found the CGI in the first one to be more tactile than even in most big budget movies.

I forgot how GOOD the Colossus looked in Deadpool 1. Tim really is a talented SFX director.

When I heard that it took 5 actors to make Colossus, I thought it was an unnecessary waste of resources, but the quality really came through on the final product.

I thought he looked somewhat different in terms of modeling, but we got to see him do a lot more this time. His big fight scene was terrific and showed how you can do a battle between two CGI characters while still having it good.

Definitely one of my highlights in Deadpool 2. I'd love him to be part of X-Force.

Sxlpna9.jpg

I honestly didnt notice any difference in his CGI exterior from the first one.

Colossus is pretty much frakenstined from 5 different people. which is why it makes it difficult to have a human form.

Last edited:
Deadpool: "Come on. We'll say it together."
Colossus: "Fff..."

I thought the voice didn't match the lip movements for Colossus and so I found it a bit distracting. It also felt like watching a CGI character, it wasn't quite convincing at times.

(The voice and mouth didn't match with Steppenwolf in Justice League either).

Thanos in Avengers Infinity War was fantastic CGI and I never noticed any syncing problems with the voice and lips.

Colossus was pretty awesome in this! His dynamic with Wade was still really entertaining and that final fight was really cool!

The CGI was terrible. He had a hard problem emoting in his face

Loved him again, hated seeing him get his ass kicked again, but at least this time it was by Juggernaut, and he put up a hell of a fight considering he was outmatched.

I wish the budget allowed for him to transform from Piotr to Colossus especially in that mansion scene where he's walking towards the wheelchaired-Wade, before the X-men made their cameo. The CGI probably wouldn't have been that clunky since he's so far off camera that time.

Surprised they kept the face of the random dude they used on the first Deadpool for Colossus' face. Should've replaced it with Stefan's so they can start having him play Piotr in human form. But it is what it is when you have 3 guys play one character.

I thought he was fantastic in the final fight. I love seeing a pissed off Colossus. He was outmatched, but fighting dirty helped out some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"