Stephen King's The Stand on CBS All Access

Goddamnit, Katherine McNamara? So now I have to watch this? Bullshirt.

I could have sworn Rita was elderly.

Not elderly, just middle aged. Heather is 49, so she’s pretty much the same age as the character.

I always pictured Flagg clean shaven.

The Stand Filming In Vancouver
Posted: October 29, 2019, 08:48:31
Section: TV » The Stand
This weekend Vancouver residents were warned of graphic street scenes when scenes for The Stand was being shoot in the downtown area.

stand_set_1.jpg

stand_set_2.jpg

Source: Vancouver Sun.

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2019]

LOL, well that guarantees that this will be terrible. It’s not necessarily her fault but I don’t think Natalie Martinez has ever been in anything good.

Fiona Dourif Is Rat Man In The Stand
Posted: February 1, 2020, 01:11:09
Section: TV » The Stand
Bloody Disgusting reports that Fiona Dourif will play Rat Man in The Stand.

Speaking with Syfy, Dourif revealed that she’s playing “Rat Woman,” a new take on “Rat Man” from Stephen King‘s novel, who was played by Rick Aviles in the original miniseries.

“I’m playing Rat Man… do you guys remember Rat Man? Rat Man is now Rat Woman,” Dourif told the outlet. “I read the book and watched the miniseries. I love The Stand.”

e05727c1-be70-455c-8c35-111e89.jpg

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2020]

Not a lot to say here, since it's not changing my expectations much either way. It looks better than a CBS network show but not as good as Netflix, unsurprisingly. I still like who they got for Frannie. They doubled up on Frannie, Harold, and Flagg for some reason and didn't show some of the main characters, but okay.

Yeah I was surprised we didn’t see Heard and especially Marsden.

Interesting that this will have a non-linear structure with flashbacks. That's not how I would've guessed they would tell the story. For the most part, the book is completely sequential in its storytelling, and as a post-apocalyptic story is unique in that it shows the full downfall of the world from beginning to end and back. I hope this adaptation doesn't lose any of that.

Super excited for this as the Stand has always been my favorite Stephen King novel and it's in serious need of an update even if I did love the miniseries as a kid. Still can't decide if releasing this miniseries this year is great timing or horrible timing on CBS' part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"