Steve Coogan and John. C. Reilly are Laurel and Hardy

This.... I can't even begin to describe how perfect this is.

I heard in real life that the two had completely switched personal traits compared to their characters. That would be hilarious to see, especially Coogan.

Coogan as Stan, I can definitely see that. John C. Reilly... I know he's a good actor and he can probably pull it off, but seeing him as Ollie is going to be extremely jarring at first.

I think it's interesting that they're focusing on post-prime Stan and Ollie. By this time the quality of their movies had gone way down and they were starting to show their age. I suppose it makes for a more dramatic movie.

There was a story/rumour going around years ago that Stan Laurel was a well-known womanizer and that Clint Eastwood is his son!

Coogan as Stan, I can definitely see that. John C. Reilly... I know he's a good actor and he can probably pull it off, but seeing him as Ollie is going to be extremely jarring at first.

I think it's interesting that they're focusing on post-prime Stan and Ollie. By this time the quality of their movies had gone way down and they were starting to show their age. I suppose it makes for a more dramatic movie.

I don't understand why you think it will be so jarring to see

I don't understand why you think it will be so jarring to see

I've been watching these two since I was a kid. Of course it's going to be weird to see John C. Reilly as my comedy hero. That doesn't mean he won't do a good job.

I've been watching these two since I was a kid. Of course it's going to be weird to see John C. Reilly as my comedy hero. That doesn't mean he won't do a good job.

I didn't say that, all I said was I don't see why it would be "extremely jarring" since the casting is so great. I didn't understand why to you it would be. Now I know. Even though I still don't think it will be jarring at all.

In my mind....this strangely works.

Possible Oscar nom, it looks like it should...

OvVo55a.jpg

Vn1WrCD.jpg

wey0sXq.jpg

tXj0H8X.jpg

Wow, that's awesome. Coogan also looks spot-on.

Now where is my Abbott and Costello movie? :o

That is accurate as a mother****er with that makeup. I'm sure Reilly can nail the voice.

Holy hell, it's like they invented time travel.

Wow they look great, terrific casting, looking forward to this!

Another nice mess you've gotten us into ! :woot:

Last edited:
Has a movie ever been made about those two before?

Coogan looks good but Reilly looks incredible! Like Hardy's twin or something.

Daaamn. I can't wait to hear their voices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"