Steven Spielberg to Direct War Horse

Man was I real disappointed. I expected a lot from this and it had many good things that can go for it but it just lacks an emotional depth, I was quite nonchalant throughout the movie. The script is really the weakest point with this, when that's the case, it is almost hopeless to make a good movie out of it, even if it's Spielberg we're talking about here.

I don't even have a problem with sappy movies but if it did want to evoke an emotional response from me it didn't work because it lacked something for me to latched on in the first place. The emotional scenes felt so superficial enforced. The cinematography was neat, in parts, but it's hard to appreciate it when the movie does not even try to keep you engaged enough to even care and it's not enough to cover the movie's faults. Most of the outdoor scenes have poor lighting (especially in the beginning) and the backdrops are noticeable, I must mentioned, how it that possible with Kaminski? They tried to kindle the feeling of John Ford films for an example, but it didn't quite succeed in my eyes. Perhaps I'm just analysing it too much but I can't help but seeing the flaws sticking out like a sore thumb.

2/5

I have to mentioned the highlights though, Hiddleston, Cumberbatch and the goose.

Saw this and really liked it. So many good underrated British and Irish actors Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddlestone, Peter Mullan, Eddie Marsden, Toby Kebell and Liam Cuningham.

Movie has a old fashion sort of feel but in a good way.

How is this thread only five pages? This was an incredible movie.

Saw this movie today, had me on the verge of tears. I thought it was masterfully done. The scene with the barb wire was heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"