Spielberg committed to Robopocalypse!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steven-spielbergs-robopocalypse-postponed-indefinitely-410519

Steven Spielberg's 'Robopocalypse' Postponed Indefinitely

The DreamWorks film, with distribution from Fox and Disney, was set to hit theaters in 2014.

Steven Spielberg's Robopocalypse has been postponed for an indefinite time.

The sci-fi action film from DreamWorks would have been distributed by Fox and Disney, with Anne Hathaway and Chris Hemsworth in talks to star.

Based on the 2011 book by Daniel H. Wilson, Robopocalypse would have reunited Fox and Spielberg, who worked together on Minority Report.

Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy said the project was "too important and the script is not ready, and it's too expensive to produce. It's back to the drawing board to see what is possible."

More to come...

*clicks thread hoping for some still or teaser*

*looks at last post*

2dqik9f.jpg

If something is too expensive for Spielberg, Disney AND Fox to produce....I don't buy it.

This is just a thought, but I don't think Spielberg will be still be connected to his project. From the sound of his statements a few months ago about action in movies, I don't think he really likes doing these kinds of movies anymore.

He can pull a Real Steel and just exec produce and get someone else to helm it, whatever.

I think that's what may eventually end up happening. I'm just basing it on the article, so don't hold me to it. :woot:

This is just a thought, but I don't think Spielberg will be still be connected to his project. From the sound of his statements a few months ago about action in movies, I don't think he really likes doing these kinds of movies anymore.

Yeah I was getting the vibe he was obligated to do a movie like this, but his heart wasn't into it. Just a feeling.

meh...no big loss. Spielberg has been going downhill anyway.

As far as action movies go? Probably. But War Horse and Lincoln were brilliant.

didn't care for War Horse and i found Lincoln to be extremely boring. i only watched the first 30 min of it and then left the theater.

Yeah that Oscar nom he's going to get tomorrow morning totally signifies he's been going downhill :oldrazz:

If something is too expensive for Spielberg, Disney AND Fox to produce....I don't buy it.

I think it's the same kind of budget problems that plagued The Lone Ranger. And if Spielberg feels like he could 'do action movies in his sleep,' then why buy the rights to Robopocalypse anyway?

Stuff just isn't adding up here. Spielberg likes to deliver his films on time and on budget... and a $100M budgeted film isn't a bloated $250M like The Lone Ranger was before they pared it down to $217M.

I have a feeling that things went down behind the scenes and maybe, just maybe, Speilberg is realizing he's in the twilight of his career. Not that he'll retire tommorow but his choices from this point is crucial because he probably has only 2 or maybe 3 movies left in him. So whatever movie he chooses from this point on has to be projects he believes in, whether its a big blockblocker or a small drama.

BOO-URNS!

Hopefully this means, they'll make the dark, stripped down story like the book.

Spielberg didn't make a really good movie since 2002. And I'm not American so I really wasn't impressed by Lincoln.

^I really don't think that's a valid reason to not be impressed. I could say the same about King's Speech. But the only thing I enjoyed about it was that I could relate due to the stutter. Everything else was tedious.

how can a film with hemsworth and hathaway with Spielberg directing not get enough financing lol

honestly, i'd much rather have someone like Neil Blomkamp or Duncan Jones direct this rather than Spielberg. hopefully Spielberg just stays on as producer.

I hope he directs. Sounds like he'll make it less epic scenes on screen. Like War of the Worlds where its all about family with the back drop of an alien invasion

honestly, i'd much rather have someone like Neil Blomkamp or Duncan Jones direct this rather than Spielberg. hopefully Spielberg just stays on as producer.

I know that Duncan Jones can do it but he's in hiatus. I do know that his GF had a breast cancer scare a few months ago (from twitter), and romantically they got married recently. It turns out everything is ok (as far as I know).

I hope he gets back into directing. I think his hiatus affect his Ian Fleming biopic, so I don't know where that's heading at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"