Spielberg committed to Robopocalypse!

i didnt know that. is this true or just a rumor?

i dont remember Spielberg in the last 20 years making a decision in a movie that was risky. he is always playing it safe with expensive movies. i think the studio can trust him.

It's true but not to such an that extent that Spielberg couldn't make the movie he wanted to make due to studio demands.
It was more a thing of payments. Spielberg , Ford and Lucas were intially demanding pretty hefty paychecks ( something along the line of 10-20 million plus a percentage of the gross) causing the budget to escalate quite a big.
Paramount and the big three talked it out and they basically came to an agreement that only after Paramount was able to make back all the costs , would they start to get a percentage of the profits.

Hathaway is on board then? Good, good.

Hemsworth turned down American Assassin because of his busy schedule.

Guess they could always ask his brother.

Has anyone read the book this movie is based on? Is there cool technology and weapons?

Hope this isn't like Terminator Salvation.

well terminator salvation also had a guy who calls himself McG directing whereas this has Steven f***ing Spielberg directing it lol.

Plus, Drew Goddard writing = :up: from me.

I still can't get over that fact that he actually wants to be credited as McG on his films. It's like he wants to sound like Broseph von *****e.

I actually don't mind him as much as some other directors with ****ty track records, but yeah, drop the nickname. It's like if Mark Wahlberg still insisted that people call him Marky Mark. No one's gonna take that **** seriously.

Hathaway is in? Fantastic. :up:

Her name will bring some of star power to the project along with Hemsworth.

well terminator salvation also had a guy who calls himself McG directing whereas this has Steven f***ing Spielberg directing it lol.
Yeah Spielberg who hasn't directed an awesome action adventure movie like this in a long time. Look at War of the Worlds. Indy 4. Etc.

That's why in retrospect, I think Minority Report is sadly underrated and for better or worse, one of his best genre films in recent memory.

I liked War of the Worlds. :o

I like the cast Spielberg is assembling. I'll keep my eye on this one.

Yeah Spielberg who hasn't directed an awesome action adventure movie like this in a long time. Look at War of the Worlds. Indy 4. Etc.

hmmm, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle or War of the Worlds... yeah I'll take War of the worlds. Spielberg at his worst is still the far better film maker.

Yeah I really liked War of the Worlds up until the end.

Chalk up another War of the Worlds fan. The book is actually quite reminiscent of that film.

I hate WotW, but damn this piece of casting news sounds very promising.:up:

War of the Worlds hates YOU! :cmad:

Hemsworth turned down American Assassin because of his busy schedule.

Guess they could always ask his brother.

Has anyone read the book this movie is based on? Is there cool technology and weapons?

Hope this isn't like Terminator Salvation.

Didn't remind me of Terminator at all, Salvation or otherwise... If the movie, in the end, does, then they've done something wrong, IMO :dry:

I have full faith in Goddard to deliver on the script side of things.

I think the whole 'man vs machine uprising' has been done to death. But you cannot deny the talent here...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steven-spielbergs-robopocalypse-postponed-indefinitely-410519

Steven Spielberg's 'Robopocalypse' Postponed Indefinitely

The DreamWorks film, with distribution from Fox and Disney, was set to hit theaters in 2014.

Steven Spielberg's Robopocalypse has been postponed for an indefinite time.

The sci-fi action film from DreamWorks would have been distributed by Fox and Disney, with Anne Hathaway and Chris Hemsworth in talks to star.

Based on the 2011 book by Daniel H. Wilson, Robopocalypse would have reunited Fox and Spielberg, who worked together on Minority Report.

Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy said the project was "too important and the script is not ready, and it's too expensive to produce. It's back to the drawing board to see what is possible."

More to come...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"