Stop making Final Fantasy games.

i agree and for thatreason i think square is overrated. kingdom hearts is great tho.

The only things I Like from Square is Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

^ So your kind of right. They are kind of over-rated

I stared with FF IV (Which was II on the SNES) and I have played all of them since then.

Personally FF VII is mucho overrated. It was good, the materia system was fun to use, and the Summons were neat to watch, but overall after you get past the first disc, right after Aries death...it just got dull.

Chocobo breeding was stupid, Knights of the Round was stupid, the whole Cait Sith being a puppet was stupid, Sephiroth (Whom was an overrated villian) becoming some homo S&M angel was stupid, and the ending (If you can call it that) was just ******ed.

All in all, the game is not that grand, the only one worse so far in the main series was FF X.

CrypticOne said:
The only things I Like from Square is Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

^ So your kind of right. They are kind of over-rated

I don't necessarly think Square is overrated. They have gotten a little full of themselves since the PS1, but they had some of the greatest RPGs ever made back in the 16-bit days:

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Secret of Evermore come to mind.

Final Fantasy is the Land before Time of video games. You know that movie about adolescent dinosaurs hat has spawned like 19 sequels that each get progressively worse. That is final fantasy in movie form.

Yeah, because FFXII is such a bad game
:whatever:
Idiots.

Whoever said FF tactics advanced was good is on ****ing crack. That is all.

FFT:A wasn't bad, it certainly wasn't as good as the original though.

Brainiac 8 said:
Even being a little rushed, Final Fantasy VIII is not that bad. For me, it was one of the best of the Playstation era Final Fantasies.

At least to me it was the most enjoyable of them, followed by Final Fantasy IX. VII is just plain overrated in my opinion.

Final Fantasy X was just plain silly. It's summon system was stupid, plus the main character was Luke Skywalker whiney.
What I really hated about FF10 was seeing all those people running around in ass chaps and strange fetish gear.

Some of the designs in ff10 are great and some are just damn horrible(Tidus, Wakka)

Still a good game, in my opninion eeven though it felt like more like an interactive movie then video game.

Hades said:
What I really hated about FF10 was seeing all those people running around in ass chaps and strange fetish gear.

Some of the designs in ff10 are great and some are just damn horrible(Tidus, Wakka)

Still a good game, in my opninion eeven though it felt like more like an interactive movie then video game.

One thing I liked about FFX is the characters...you always felt like you knew them and understood their motivations. Each was unique and intersting with their own quirky personality. One of my biggest complaints about FFXII is that the characters are such bland stereotypes.

Matt said:
FFT:A wasn't bad, it certainly wasn't as good as the original though.

Laws? under 10 year olds for main characters? Ripping of a never ending story? Job progression that made no sense? The whole game was silly and boring.

The law **** pissed me off more then any RPG feature iv ever played.

Demon Within said:
Laws? under 10 year olds for main characters? Ripping of a never ending story? Job progression that made no sense? The whole game was silly and boring.

Well, it is called Tactics, it is about using strategy. The law system added a whole new level of depth to it. Granted, some of the laws were just silly (No use of weapons to attack, no magic, etc)...but some of them, the more specific ones made the battles that much more challenging and fun.

Matt said:
Well, it is called Tactics, it is about using strategy. The law system added a whole new level of depth to it. Granted, some of the laws were just silly (No use of weapons to attack, no magic, etc)...but some of them, the more specific ones made the battles that much more challenging and fun.

How many time did you run into "law: no killing mosnters" and all there was were monsters? All Bangaa teams etc etc. Kill one, red card. If you didnt have an anti law card for it you were screwed. One classic match of mine had no killing bangaas and no killing humans. Only problem was all i had were humans and it was a team of bangaas. Take a guess what happen.

Demon Within said:
How many time did you run into "law: no killing mosnters" and all there was were monsters? All Bangaa teams etc etc. Kill one, red card. If you didnt have an anti law card for it you were screwed. One classic match of mine had no killing bangaas and no killing humans. Only problem was all i had were humans and it was a team of bangaas. Take a guess what happen.

Like I said, it needs reformed, but there are other options (petrify all your enemies and the battle will end). Still, I think with a little work it could be lots of fun.

That's funny. ^

I didn't mind FFTA, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Hades said:

Thats the only thing that puts me off replaying it. Most of the cutscenes were pointless exposition anyway.

Final Fantasy XII put the team battle system in the right direction, I just wish it had an actual story line and an actual main character.

Kritish said:
It's been begging to be euthanized for years now, greedy bastards have been making these forever simply because their die hard fan boys will buy anything with the FF title in it.

Yes, begging! Begging to be euthanized by topping sales charts and pumping out critically acclaimed games that the critics and game creators worship and the fans absolutley love. Shame on them for giving the fans what they ask for.

And by the way, "there die hard fanboys will buy anything with the FF title in it"...
That is comlete and utter BS. I am a "fanboy" and so are my friends. And I can tell you that you would be hard pressed to find any of us that own a copy of Final Fantasy X2 or Dirge Of Cerberus. Because they suck. Thats 2 out of over 20 games. How many of those games did you play before you started running off at the mouth about how much they suck?

Tactics was not terrible. It had it's strong points...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"