Days of Future Past Storm VS Mystique

Storm will definitely be 2nd female lead behind Mystique. Lawrence is the most in-demand actress around at the moment thanks to The Hunger Games and her Oscar win.

As for overall, I'd argue Halle is more marketable than James McAvoy, Patrick Stewart and Peter Dinklage. I wouldn't have said this a month ago, but The Call just crossed $50m in the US and its success has given Halle some momentum. In the right film Halle can carry a movie with her name alone.

If I was part of Fox's marketing department and had to put 4 characters on a poster I'd be Wolverine, Mystique, Fassbender's Magneto, and Storm. Beast and McKellen's Magneto could easily fit alongside them.

I'm pretty sure Lawrence will receive the highest billing of all the female actors. But billing order has no real effect on who has the most development or screentime. Patrick Stewart was first billed in both X1 and X2 even though Wolverine is the clear protagonist in both films. Billing order is often just a contractual stipulation.

I believe the final billing order will be almost exactly as the "photo wall" Bryan tweeted a couple months ago: Hugh Jackman credited first, Jennifer Lawrence, then all the stars of FC and the Original trilogy, with Anna Paquin receiving the prestige "...and Anna Paquin" credit and then minor characters/stars credited after her (and probably not included in the opening credit roll). I would be willing to bet money on this if anyone is interested...

If I was part of Fox's marketing department and had to put 4 characters on a poster I'd be Wolverine, Mystique, Fassbender's Magneto, and Storm. Beast and McKellen's Magneto could easily fit alongside them.

In my opinion, just put them all or better, give all of them a character poster.

I've just heard that Halle Berry will be filming until Late July, that seems like she will factor into this movie much prominently than anyone expected. It almost definitely means that she's the leader as that is the only way they have developed her character.

When does Jennifer finish filming American Hustle, does anyone know? I wonder how long she'll be filming for. I'm starting to think that one of the users on this thread were right when they posted that development and screen time of the two characters may be more equal.

Storm is a fan favourite that needs to finally be done justice and Halle Berry is certainly an A list star that probably would not have signed on unless she knew that Storm had an important (though not necessarily large part). Where as Mystique ism't really a fan favourite (she has been relevant in the comics for quite a while) but Jeniffer Lawrence is definitely huge!!

Having said that though Halle Berry was definitely as big as her when she won her Oscar back in 2001 but she wasn't given that much screen time or character development for X2 despite her popularity. I don't think Bryan will go out of his way to give Mystique a huge role as he didn't for Storm. but just like X2 with Halle, Fox will market the hell out of JLaw.

It would be amazing if DOFP Storm ended as the best Storm yet and if she gets a good response from the critics/audience, Halle Berry will definitely be back for a 5th X-Men film and I'm sure FOX wouldn't hesitate to bring her back unless they kill her in DOFP.

I honestly couldn't decide between Storm and Mystique but I think as time goes on The Avengers will improve their female representation. I hope so anyway

It would be amazing if DOFP Storm ended as the best Storm yet and if she gets a good response from the critics/audience, Halle Berry will definitely be back for a 5th X-Men film and I'm sure FOX wouldn't hesitate to bring her back unless they kill her in DOFP.

I'll be interested to see what becomes of Storm in this one.

Will there will be a 'fixed' timeline with a different-looking HalleStorm (with long, tousled regal hair)?

Will we get a younger Storm appear in the past? Does Halle want to do any more X-Men movies (probably yes if she enjoys this one)?

Im sure the actors will have a great experience this time, after all these years, and once the movie is a huge success, they will feel even more proud and happy to be a part of it. So if Fox decided to keep moving with them, most of them would want to stay, you know.. to keep feeling that they are part of something bigger year after year and why not, to still be hot, in the general public eyes.

Im sure the actors will have a great experience this time, after all these years, and once the movie is a huge success, they will feel even more proud and happy to be a part of it. So if Fox decided to keep moving with them, most of them would want to stay, you know.. to keep feeling that they are part of something bigger year after year and why not, to still be hot, in the general public eyes.

What Angamb said, I really do hope that all of them enjoy it this time and show off that excitement (I hope for like Hugh levels of enjoyment, cause that man couldn't be more grateful, he loves being a part of these movies), the Avengers, and specifically RDJ, made it cool to be a part of this big superhero franchise movies.

I'll be interested to see what becomes of Storm in this one.

Will there will be a 'fixed' timeline with a different-looking HalleStorm (with long, tousled regal hair)?

Will we get a younger Storm appear in the past? Does Halle want to do any more X-Men movies (probably yes if she enjoys this one)?

Even if she doesn't enjoy her role in this one, I'm sure she'll be back for the $$$. Lol.:woot:

Kiss my black a$$ fights aside, the X-men cast have always had loads of fun making these movies. You always hear stories about McKellen having parties at his rented house, and having the cast (and crew?) over.

Well it seems that the majority of people on here would like to see Mystique as the female lead as opposed to Storm. I must say I'm completely surprised, I thought most people liked Mystique as a silent assassin/spy. Like she was in X1-3. Played perfectly by Rebecca Romijn (still hoping she's in this film). Storm as the female lead opened the doors for the OT characters to be utilised more through Storm's interactions with them. Meaning we'd get a focal point for both the past through Fassbender and Mcavoy and a focal point for the future through Storm and possibly Wolverine.

To me it makes more sense, but I understand and respect other opinions. I mean I see the point about Mystique having a connection to the first class leads, I guess I'm really against this because I don't want this to be a First Class sequel I'd rather it be the 'inbetweequel' that singer says this will be, with a 50/50 split between the OT and FC and I thought having Storm over mystique as a lead would better help that. Oh well.:yay:

Thing is, Storm has never been the female lead in any X-men film (not talking marketing here) so I'm not sure why X-men DOFP would change that. Also, didn't Singer imply that her role wasn't even a critical one to the movie? Can't be a female lead without having some importance to the story line(s).

Thing is, Storm has never been the female lead in any X-men film (not talking marketing here) so I'm not sure why X-men DOFP would change that. Also, didn't Singer imply that her role wasn't even a critical one to the movie? Can't be a female lead without having some importance to the story line(s).

Because besides Anna Paquin, Halle is the only female actress who have been in the series since the beginning who will appear in this movie and she's a bigger star than Anna Paquin. Storm is also more popular than Rogue and in the movie series, after Jean Grey, Storm is possibly the most powerful female mutant that we have seen.

And Mystique is not even a X-Men, why make her the female lead in a X-Men film? because Jennifer Lawrence is popular right now?. Halle Berry should be the female lead of this film. All they need to do is give her a bigger and more meaningful role..

Storm did have some importance to the storyline in X2 and X3. I mean in X2 she developed a relationship with Nightcrawler that trusting bond that the two built allowed her to have faith in Kurt and for him to have faith in himself and his powers during the end of X2. And in X3 she grew to become a leader and take over after Professor X. They weren't significant contributions but they were something. And besides they could easily write her in with more relevance to the plot, and it seems that is what they're doing as Halle films from now till late july it must be a big role if Bryan feels the need to keep a pregnant woman on set for that long.

Because besides Anna Paquin, Halle is the only female actress who have been in the series since the beginning who will appear in this movie and she's a bigger star than Anna Paquin. Storm is also more popular than Rogue and in the movie series, after Jean Grey, Storm is possibly the most powerful female mutant that we have seen.

And Mystique is not even a X-Men, why make her the female lead in a X-Men film? because Jennifer Lawrence is popular right now?. Halle Berry should be the female lead of this film. All they need to do is give her a bigger and more meaningful role..

I think you're absolutely right. You're probably the only one on here who actually agrees with me. :woot:

Last edited:

Strongly agree,Storm is the leader of the X-Men.Mystique is a villain.

Storm should be the female lead. Mystique has just been a henchwoman with hardly any lines in the original trilogy, and she was cured and betrayed Magneto in X3.

It doesn't make that much sense to have Mystique front and centre, except it would be good to see what turns her into such a cold-hearted ***** in the OT. I doubt they'll bother with that though, using the 11-year gap as an excuse to brush over it.

Storm should be the female lead. Mystique has just been a henchwoman with hardly any lines in the original trilogy, and she was cured and betrayed Magneto in X3.

It doesn't make that much sense to have Mystique front and centre, except it would be good to see what turns her into such a cold-hearted ***** in the OT. I doubt they'll bother with that though, using the 11-year gap as an excuse to brush over it.

That's what I fear. That transition is the one thing that will make mystique interesting enough to warrant all the screen time she'll get.

Her relationship with Xavier and Magneto is enough to warrant it. :huh:

okay, please explain to me why you think her relationship with charles and erik alone is enough warrant mystique being a female lead.

With a movie like this, a "female lead" would just simply be nothing more than a term, as the leads are Xavier and Magneto. It's not a romantic comedy where you have a male and female lead, who are the main two characters.

And in this case, Mystique is (and should be) the "female" lead, even though she's still a supporting player, because she was the female lead AND an integral part of the film this movie is taking off from.

And being that Magneto and Xavier are the two leads, and Mystique has the closest connection to both of them.. well, it's not hard to figure out WHY she'd be the "female" lead.

This movie is also taking of from X-Men the last stand (as Bryan has said repeatedly, that's what 'inbetwequel' means) and Storm was an integral part and a lead in that film.

We assume that James/Michael will be the leads in this movie just as we assume that Patrick/Ian will also be lead characters and Storm has a strong relationship with the both of them.

Mystique's relationship to charles and erik is not enough to warrant her having a lot of screen time especially when you factor the fact that without her character arc of her transitioning into the cold ***** that she was in The OT, mystique really has nothing to offer.

I agree with you about 'female lead' not being more than a term.

Why does this movie need one female lead?

Cant this story have a decent role for the four main female characters?

Mystique, Storm, Kitty and Rogue?

Id preffer a good balance, instead of Storm or Mystique leading.

Why does this movie need one female lead?

Cant this story have a decent role for the four main female characters?

Mystique, Storm, Kitty and Rogue?

Id preffer a good balance, instead of Storm or Mystique leading.

No one says the movie only needs one female lead, but when it comes to films like these it's usually better for storytelling to have one female lead, that acts like an anchor. The audience experiences the events of the movie focalised through her. It makes following a movie easier as opposed to having many lead characters, who aren't really leads they're supporting characters.

Unless we want DOFP to become a Game of Thrones episode where all the interesting characters never get their due because there are so many to cater for in an equal manner. It works better to have a few leads and then a great cast of supporting characters that can still get their moments to shine.

This movie is also taking of from X-Men the last stand (as Bryan has said repeatedly, that's what 'inbetwequel' means) and Storm was an integral part and a lead in that film.

We assume that James/Michael will be the leads in this movie just as we assume that Patrick/Ian will also be lead characters and Storm has a strong relationship with the both of them.

:huh: No, she doesn't--not even close, especially with regard to Magneto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"