X3 @ The People's Choice Awards (Jan 9th)

lmao
these awards get stupider ever year x3 best drama
halle as storm best actress lmao
Kate Beckinsale was far better and should havce won were it a real award ........

lmao
Kate Beckinsale was far better and should havce won were it a real award ........

Yup, and then Kate could put it next to her Oscar...oh...wait...

it was Halle as Storm vs Kate as Selene (not Halle in general vs Kate in general)
honestly who played their character better?

it was Halle as Storm vs Kate as Selene (not Halle in general vs Kate in general)
honestly who played their character better?

I didn't really care for Kate in Underworld. She's beautiful and stunning, and definitely can act--but she felt (no pun) dead in UW. I just couldn't care about Selene one way or the other. Same as I was with Halle in Catwoman or Famke (who I love, especially in Bond) in X3. Had they crossed the street and been hit by a bus in the films, I would have been "Mehn. More popcorn anyone?"

So, Halle still got my PCA vote. There was no real competition in that category.

Seriously Phoenix Force, you need to lay the **** off, right now. You were one of those morons who started that rift about the actresses, and you are probably mad because your actor's elimination thread didn't go your way. You need to let this nazi'esque campaign of hatred for Halle go. It's annoying and it actually makes you as Phoenix and Famke fan look really bad. All the other Phoenix fans who felt the same way or were involved either let it go, or just stopped talking about it. You need to join them. Sure alot of people don't like her portrayal, but they don't post nearly exclusively on the X-boards and whine about it. The spamming from you in particular needs to stop. You are the only one who goes into the Halle's thread, and her thread alone btw, and spams negatively. I will give you a valuable piece of advice. If you hate her on such a personal level...DONT WATCH HER MOVIES. If you must, for some masochistic reason, don't talk about them. Believe it or not, you and those other people who can't seem to get over the fact that she's Storm, in a high demand, and actually worth the money she gets paid to do these movies (according to the BO and sales) are in a small minority compared to the people who just couldn't care less and/or the general public.

Halle Berry is on IMDB's worst of 2006 list!

Do Halle'/Storm fans spam Famke's thread full of reviews about how her role in I Spy was voted the worse role for a female that year, or how that movie helped destroy Eddie Murphy's career. I haven't seen anything like that.

lmao

Do you have an average grasp of English comprehension skills? How old are you? These are called the People's Choice Awards. I am going to explain this in small words so I know you get it. THE AVERAGE EVERYDAY PEOPLE WHO CAN VOTE DO AND THAT'S WHO WINS. Sure, it's a popularity contest. But what does that tell you. Kate's Underworld action in Underworld wasn't enjoyed as much as Halle clotheslining Danyia. (BTW it was the award for best female action star, not best actress. Funny, but I only saw one actress from the X-films nominated...and guess who it wasn't.)

On a side note. The plot holes and shallow script in the first Underworld is what makes it a laughing stock. But because demand was high for a sequel it got one.

Does that sound familiar? It will.

(Dammit all, and now your asking who played it better Halle as Storm or Kate as Seline. Hmm, lets see Storm as a 2/3 times glorified power tool/cameo or Seline who has two movies solely about her and her emo problems...can you ask a more loaded question? Uh, NO. :Braces self for a Kate vs. Halle stance from Phoenix_Force: :whatever:) Besides the nominees where Halle as Storm,Kate as Seline, and Uma as G-girl. Yea...

All this time people have been whining about, "Oh I want a X4, I love the X-men. I want a young Spin off...blah blah blah." Sure they bch at Fox. But bottom line is they don't want to be in the red. So they will move with what works. As I have said many times before, Halle has a Jack Sparrow complex. Loads of people whine, complain, bch, and cry about her, but you know her. And guess what, so does your boss, your boss's dentist, his/her children, their teacher....that is valuable. Fox is in the business of producing films to be watched. Considering that the X-men's audience just keeps getting bigger and bigger, your just going to have to squat at the knees,put your palms down, b**d o**r and take it. It's probably going to hurt, so here :hands Phoenix_Force tissues for his issues:

To quote Batboy about what I think you should do in Halle's/Storm's thread since you have a personal vendatta about the actress and couldn't care less about the character.
please dont come here and be negative about her

Now I'm going to try and explain something else to you. Read carefully, ok? Famke performed better (except for the cringe worthy scenes which people looooove to overlook because of the overwhelming hypocrisy that runs a mock here on the Hype. What? You don't believe me, what else can I say. I DUNNO [SHRUG]) because Jean's character was expanded, central to all three movies, had on-screen established relationships with three men, Xavier, Logan, and Scott. Platonic or not, it was more of a devolped part than anybody else got. So for her to NOT perform it well would mean that she's got problems as an actress. But overall, these movies will be lucky if they are footnotes in film history, and if they are it will be because of how much $$$ they brought in. Not because of any "stand out" performances.

For that you need other people, in high places, to recognize that. So what sure Halle's got a razzie. But I betcha it looks rather nice sitting in between the ultimate trinity of her Emmy, Golden Globe and Oscar awards. Ironic isn't that in the future the X-movies will be forgotten and only a handful will have fond memories, but the woman with the most ******ed worthless part in them has been and will be far more appreciated.

So wrap yourself in a telekinetic cocoon and think about it, k? Besides you lost your credibility when you said you liked movie Phoenix over the actual comic piece. If you couldn't distinguish the underlying theme in the comic about absolute power corrupting absolutely, then maybe your comprehension skills do need an overhaul.

no other x-men actors were nominated? what about Hugh? really weird...

For what it's worth, I actually respect Halle a whole lot more now. I still believe that with talented writers, she could do Storm justice. She's obviously still not completely happy with the way the character's been treated, and I agree with her. I'd love to see an X4 with her in it if it meant she could finally bring all her skills to the table.

Seriously Phoenix Force, you need to lay the **** off, right now. You were one of those morons who started that rift about the actresses, and you are probably mad because your actor's elimination thread didn't go your way. You need to let this nazi'esque campaign of hatred for Halle go. It's annoying and it actually makes you as Phoenix and Famke fan look really bad. All the other Phoenix fans who felt the same way or were involved either let it go, or just stopped talking about it. You need to join them. Sure alot of people don't like her portrayal, but they don't post nearly exclusively on the X-boards and whine about it. The spamming from you in particular needs to stop. You are the only one who goes into the Halle's thread, and her thread alone btw, and spams negatively. I will give you a valuable piece of advice. If you hate her on such a personal level...DONT WATCH HER MOVIES. If you must, for some masochistic reason, don't talk about them. Believe it or not, you and those other people who can't seem to get over the fact that she's Storm, in a high demand, and actually worth the money she gets paid to do these movies (according to the BO and sales) are in a small minority compared compared to the people who just couldn't care less and the general public.

Do Halle'/Storm fans spam Famke's thread full of reviews about how her role in I Spy was voted the worse role for a female that year, or how that movie helped destroy Eddie Murphy's career. I haven't seen anything like that.

Do you have an average grasp of English comprehension skills? How old are you? These are called the People's Choice Awards. I am going to explain this in small words so I know you get it. THE AVERAGE EVERYDAY PEOPLE WHO CAN VOTE DO AND THAT'S WHO WINS. Sure, it's a popularity contest. But what does that tell you. Kate's Underworld action in Underworld wasn't enjoyed as much as Halle clotheslining Danyia. (BTW it was the award for best female action star, not best actress. Funny, but I only saw one actress from the X-films nominated...and guess who it wasn't.)

On a side note. The plot holes in the first and shallow script in the first Underworld is what makes it a laughing stock. But because demand was high for a sequel it got one.

(Dammit all, and now your asking who played it better Halle as Storm or Kate as Seline. Hmm, lets see Storm as a 2/3 times glorified power tool/cameo or Seline who has two movies solely about her and her emo problems...can you ask a more loaded question? Uh, NO. :Braces self for a Kate vs. Halle stance from Phoenix_Force: :whatever:) Besides the nominees where Halle as Storm,Kate as Seline, and Uma as G-girl. Yea...

All this time people have been whining about, "Oh I want a X4, I love the X-men. I want a young Spin off...blah blah blah." Sure they bch at Fox. But bottom line is they don't want to be in the red. So they will move with what works. As I have said many times before, Halle has a Jack Sparrow complex. Loads of people whine, complain, bch, and cry about her, but you know her. And guess what, so does your boss, your boss's dentist, his/her children, their teacher....that is valuable. Fox is in the business of producing films to be watched. Considering that the X-men's audience just keeps getting bigger and bigger, your just going to have to squat at the knees,put your palms down, b**d o**r and take it. It's probably going to hurt, so here :hands Phoenix_Force tissues for his issues:

To quote Batboy about what I think you should do in Halle's/Storm's thread since you have a personal vendatta about the actress and couldn't care less about the character.

Now I'm going to try and explain something else to you. Read carefully, ok? Famke performed better (except for the cringe worthy scenes which people looooove to overlook because of the overwhelming hypocrisy that runs a mock here on the Hype. What? You don't believe me, what else can I say. I DUNNO [SHRUG]) because Jean's character was expanded, central to all three movies, had on-screen established relationships with three men, Xavier, Logan, and Scott. Platonic or not, it was more of a devolped part than anybody else got. So for her to NOT perform it well would mean that she's got problems as an actress. But overall, these movies will be lucky if they are footnotes in film history, and if they are it will be because of how much $$$ they brought in. Not because of any "stand out" performances.

For that you need other people, in high places, to recognize that. So what sure Halle's got a razzie. But I betcha it looks rather nice sitting in between the ultimate trinity of her Emmy, Golden Globe and Oscar awards. Ironic isn't that in the future the X-movies will be forgotten and only a handful will have fond memories, but the woman with the most ******ed worthless part in them has been and will be far more appreciated.

So wrap yourself in a telekinetic cocoon and think about it, k? Besides you lost your credibility when you said you liked movie Phoenix over the actual comic piece. If you couldn't distinguish the underlying theme in the comic about absolute power corrupting absolutely, then maybe your comprehension skills do need an overhaul.

LOL!.... that post deserves a round of applause:D

Seriously Phoenix Force, you need to lay the **** off, right now. You were one of those morons who started that rift about the actresses, and you are probably mad because your actor's elimination thread didn't go your way. You need to let this nazi'esque campaign of hatred for Halle go. It's annoying and it actually makes you as Phoenix and Famke fan look really bad. All the other Phoenix fans who felt the same way or were involved either let it go, or just stopped talking about it. You need to join them. Sure alot of people don't like her portrayal, but they don't post nearly exclusively on the X-boards and whine about it. The spamming from you in particular needs to stop. You are the only one who goes into the Halle's thread, and her thread alone btw, and spams negatively. I will give you a valuable piece of advice. If you hate her on such a personal level...DONT WATCH HER MOVIES. If you must, for some masochistic reason, don't talk about them. Believe it or not, you and those other people who can't seem to get over the fact that she's Storm, in a high demand, and actually worth the money she gets paid to do these movies (according to the BO and sales) are in a small minority compared to the people who just couldn't care less and/or the general public.

On a side note. The plot holes and shallow script in the first Underworld is what makes it a laughing stock. But because demand was high for a sequel it got one.

1-i didnt start the actors elimination game so Famke Could win
i love Patrick and Rebecca and don't mind um beating Famke they both did an amazing Job with their roles in the x men triology and outside of it (patrick more than rebecca though she was great in Femme Fatale) i dont hate Halle i just think her acting as Storm was terrible she sounded sweet ,shy and mousy as opposed to how storm storm is supposed to be
she was a very wrong choice for storm and she should stay away from comic book films if she has any interest in her career she is better at more dramatic roles and i think its embarassing that she talks about catwoman 2 and x men 4
i also think she made a very wrong decision by playing storm in x3 she thought storm was terrible in the first two films so why did she do a third?
the character was badly written , developed etc. in the first 2 films so why not just stay away from that weak character and do some more dramatic roles instead she is better at those than she is playing storm and catwoman Halle is simply not right to play a role of a strong woman such as storm and everything she did in x3 seemed forced out of place
and out of character for storm (by the first two films)
and where was Famke's role in I spy voted worst performance?
i have never heard anything on that and she sure wasnt nominated for a razzie for it and there is nothing wrong with Famke's portrayal of Rachel Wright she played her like she was written she didnt poorly deliver any lines as far as i noticed and famke wasn't the lead in I SPY so any negative reviews on the movie would not be due to her acting in it
also as for why Halle was nominated for people's choice and not Famke
Halle is the bigger name than Famke and she is the lead female as Far as the marketing is concerned her name is all over the posters etc.
and Kate Beckinsale did have a better role as seline than halle had as storm
but once again Halle is the bigger name so despite the fact that Kate gave the better performance she lost to halle
as for the comics the storyline was great but the movie did a great job of making it more REALISTIC

i never said i liked the movie phoenix better than comic phoenix

lol oops sorry my bad :p,yeah i do remember that though oh btw i do like storm,just not her casting(only for x3 though,i liked halle in the other movies)

*comes into thread*

*looks at previous posts*

:wow:

*leaves*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001