Street Fighter VI

Am I the only one who is *far* more excited about the Capcom Fighting Collection? Sure, new Street Fighter is nice, but a combo pack of some of the best fighting games from the 90s, with modern extras, and including the first rerelease ever of several titles? Awesome sauce.
I think a bunch of people will be more excited for that. It’s huge for me although if SF6 delivers it’s gonna be hard to beat for me for hype levels.

Doing interesting things with the RE Engine. I am curious how much of some of the stylistic elements will make it into the game. Though, I am a bit worried/curious how they are going to portray the women characters in this art style.

Safe to assume they are going to start with 25 characters off the bad, avoiding one of V's biggest pitfalls.

Safe to assume they are going to start with 25 characters off the bad, avoiding one of V's biggest pitfalls.
25 characters would be great. Should be able to get all the essential characters in while still having room for some innovation.

I can already see people that don't seem to understand how fighting games work *****ing about not having all the characters that have been playable in the previous games from the start and trying to compare things to games like Smash Ultimate and Mortal Kombat Armageddon. People like that seem to have gotten spoiled by the "Everyone is here" games.

RE Engine looking good for fighting games. I love the style they seem to be going with. Chun looks great.

As great as Chun Li looks, I fear Cammy is going to break the internet.

Also, the option to forgoe the classic motion inputs is definitely drawing me to the game.

I don't like the design of Luke and Jamie. But I appreciate that Capcom is marketing their new characters front and center.

FgYVHPm.jpg

Cammy looks great! :hrt:

Solid roster. Kind of surprised a few more of the popular SFV characters didn't make it in beyond Rashid.

I would have thought this time the initial roster would have had some characters that debuted in SF3 seeing as how this looks to take place afterwards.

New characters look interesting,thats a huge number of newbies for season 1.

The design for the returning characters look great eXcept for Cammy. Still plenty from SFII. Not so much for the characters that debuted in Alpha, III, IV and V. I guess they are reserved for the dlcs.

The new characters and gameplay style really grabbed my attention. I pretty much stopped after Street Fighter 4 but I’ll definitely be getting this one

I would prefer more exotic names than Luke and Jamie lol. But I hope SF can get back to the top with this entry, and importantly start off great rather than be fixing content and issues for years after launch.

Looks like I got my PS5 right on time.

I wish after all these years they let Ken’s son Mel be a playable character.

I liked the reveal trailer with the open world exploration mode and new art style, but that roster leak killed the hype for me. Not feeling the new characters or the mostly SF2 cast.

I liked the reveal trailer with the open world exploration mode and new art style, but that roster leak killed the hype for me. Not feeling the new characters or the mostly SF2 cast.

I can understand where you're coming from. However when the average player thinks of Street Fighter, the original 8 WW is probably the first thing that comes to their minds. Which is probably why the starting roster has all 8 of them.

As much flak SF5 got when it launched give it credit for having a varied starting roster. Though I think it would have gotten less flak if the season 1 characters were part of the base roster. And even after they were added the roster was varied. And by varied I mean it not only had SSF2 characters, but also a fair amount of Alpha characters and SF3 characters. Some of them being returning vets that missed out on SF4(and it's updated versions). For SF6, it's looking like the only returning vet on the base roster that missed out on SF5 is Dee Jay.

Probably would have gotten less flack if the base roster was more than 16 characters, regardless of who made it up. 22 with a solid 1 player mode will be good.

This feature will definitely get old, but it is neat.

Probably would have gotten less flack if the base roster was more than 16 characters, regardless of who made it up. 22 with a solid 1 player mode will be good.

Well the season 1 characters were actually apart of the general story mode where you could actually play as them at some point. That's why I specifically said them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"