Stretch Armstrong

They should just add Stretch Armstrong to Toy Story 3

I remember Stretch Armstrong when I was a kid.

I'm wondering, does anyone else think Brendan Frasier would be good for this role?

I think he would be a great candidate for this.

They may just use a wrestler for the role, namely "The Rock Dwayne Johnson" "Triple H" or "John Cena".:hehe:

The world needs someone who can reach for bad guys from several feet away without running after them. Who will be able to heed the call? STRETCH ARMSTRONG!

:lmao:

Box office gold!

Which only confirms that someone should have made a Plastic Man movie first.

Plus, we've already had Mister Fantastic in the Fantastic Four movies.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing movie versions of Stretch Monster and Stretch X-Ray...

2a0l1mq.jpg

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTYEslLMZjE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTYEslLMZjE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

:word:

Last edited:
He's already Hollywood's highest paid teen. Pretty soon, he may also be Hollywood's richest teen. He's certainly Hollywood's hardest working teen. Universal has just cast the 17-year-old Twilight Saga star Taylor Lautner to play title character Stretch Armstrong based on the Hasbro toy. The studio is giving Stretch superhero powers in the new 3D franchise that is scheduled for release in 2012. Universal Pictures Chairman Adam Fogelson and Co-Chairman Donna Langley think Lautner is "the real deal" and are undaunted by all the other projects which Taylor also is launching, including the Max Steel franchise at Paramount and the 3rd and 4th installments of the Twilight Saga for Summit Entertainment, and other films.

“In the past two years, Taylor has emerged as a real star at the global box office. He brings the perfect balance of energy and athleticism to the role of an unlikely super hero with a fantastic super power,” said Langley. “We couldn’t be more pleased that he has agreed to be our Stretch.”

Agreed Brian Goldner, President and CEO of Hasbro: “The addition of Taylor Lautner and the 3-D twist to Stretch Armstrong is sure to pay dividends when the film is released in 2012.”

The studio said Stretch Armstrong is moving to March 2012 "to allot time to shape the project into a 3-D superhero adventure and to accommodate Lautner’s existing commitments". Stretch Armstrong is based on the iconic action figure made popular around the world beginning in the 1970s and re-launched in the 1990s. Academy Award-winning producer Brian Grazer (A Beautiful Mind, 8 Mile, American Gangster) will team with Hasbro to produce Stretch Armstrong to life. Steve Oedekerk (Bruce Almighty) has written the screenplay, and Hasbro’s Goldner and Schneir also produce.
SOURCE

:awesome:

I broke my Stretch Armstrong when I was a kid, me and my brother ripped his leg off.

a recall years ago when Jackie Chan came to Hollywood with the rush hour films. He was going to star as Stretch Armstrong and Disney was producing it.

Then he went to make the Tuxedo instead. I've never been the same since :(

That's kinda odd. I thought he was cast in Max Steel, another toy driven movie.

I guess it's okay because nobody really cares for Stretch Armstrong (waiting for the creator of the unofficial Stretch Armstrong blog and fansite to drop by to attach me)

they should have made this movie years ago.....when the toy was popular....do they still even make them anymore??

I mean has Hollywood really run out of ideas? the Transformers & GI Joe are to blame for this without a doubt.They were both successes & now Hollywood is trying to jump on the toy line bandwagon like it did the superhero bandwagon.

I don't know what to say. I don't feel anger, I don't feel joy. I just....

I don't know what to say. I don't feel anger, I don't feel joy. I just....

I mean i can understand Transformers & GI Joe being made into a movies. Since that seemed to be more ignited due to the cartoon shows than the toys. I mean if the cartoon was never made, would they have still made transformers?

But with stretch Armstrong...its just a toy, there is no popular tv show or comics that followed it. And the fact that its not popular anymore is a big risk.
Where as with transformers and G.I Joe they were still making toys for them and still had broad popularity. plus the Fanbase with the show/comics.

Last edited:
This kid's agent either hates him or is a freakin' genius. I can't tell.

I mean i can understand Transformers & GI Joe being made into a movies. Since that seemed to be more ignited due to the cartoon shows than the toys. I mean if the cartoon was never made, would they have still made transformers?

But with stretch Armstrong...its just a toy, there is no popular tv show or comics that followed it. And the fact that its not popular anymore is a big risk.
Where as with transformers and G.I Joe they were still making toys for them and still had broad popularity. plus the Fanbase with the show/comics.

That is a well thought out statement I could not agree more with. i hope the studio reads it before they sink $ into this dumb idea.

That's kinda odd. I thought he was cast in Max Steel, another toy driven movie.

I guess it's okay because nobody really cares for Stretch Armstrong (waiting for the creator of the unofficial Stretch Armstrong blog and fansite to drop by to attach me)

The article says he's doing both.

Still doesn't mean that this film will make him a good actor, but it will make him a mainstream studio guy.

Dear God. This is a laughably bad casting choice.

I had zero interest in this movie, and with the casting, still have no interest.

The Taylor style Stretch Armstrong will sell like hot cakes to the girls. The toys doesn't have fingers or toes just four longs limbs. So, girls can just pretend they're streching his :awesome:

I can already hear the entertainment shows now. "Does EVERY part of his body stretch?" Woooooo!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"