Stretch Armstrong

I can already hear the entertainment shows now. "Does EVERY part of his body stretch?" Woooooo!!!!!!

They also announced Academy Award-winning producer Brian Grazer (A Beautiful Mind, American Gangster) will team with Hasbro to bring the iconic action figure to life for the silver screen.
I'm more surprised that a respected movie producer is even interested in such a stupid idea
Steve Oedekerk (Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty) is writing the screenplay for the fun, action adventure based on the toy that was made popular around the world
Why doesn't he get to work on that Kung Pow sequel dammit?

If they had gotten someone funny then maybe this would of worked.

:lmao:

This sounds like the perfect role for a guy like Lautner.

Kung Pow is a classic.

"weeeee-ooooo-weeeee-oooooo-weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

A classic piece of ****.:o

And this is from someone who loves kung fu and exploitation films.:o

[Betty has thrown a claw at Master Tang, the action freezes]
Master Tang: [voice over] Ok, so here were my options. (a), quickly duck left, dodge the claw and take him out with a spinning back kick, or (b), take the claw in the face, roll on the ground and die.
[action resumes, Tang gets hit with the claw]
Master Tang: Hmm, should have gone with (a).

But back to Stretch ARmstrong....what the kaf*** are they thinking

[Betty has thrown a claw at Master Tang, the action freezes]
Master Tang: [voice over] Ok, so here were my options. (a), quickly duck left, dodge the claw and take him out with a spinning back kick, or (b), take the claw in the face, roll on the ground and die.
[action resumes, Tang gets hit with the claw]
Master Tang: Hmm, should have gone with (a).

But back to Stretch ARmstrong....what the kaf*** are they thinking

I don't know, but I look at it like this. Lautner is Hollywood's new golden boy right? And whenever some young, popular actor is getting offered a lot of roles, sooner or later, his name pops up surrounding some superhero property (Josh Hartnett and Ashton Kutcher's names cropped up when they were working on a Superman film, Justin Timberlake was considered for Green Lantern, etc.).

So when I hear that Lautner has taken on the role of a stupidass character like Strech Armstrong, I say great. Let him grab the first crap superhero character that's offered to him so I don't have to worry about a nightmare scenario a year or two down the road, hearing that he's been cast as The Flash or another character I actually give a crap about.

He's already down that path.

Sharkboy anyone? :oldrazz:

Lautner wont last long. I mean at least other cast members of Twilight have lined up projects in which they actually...act

Max Steel
That one teenage Taken film
and now Stretch ARmstrong

Obviously Hollywood doesnt have much faith in him as an actor

5-10 yrs from now Lautner will be in the past

I rarely dismiss a film this early in the game, but.... :funny: this movie is bound to bomb so bad. What a terrible career decision by Lautner.

I remember stretch arm strong. If you yanked him hard enough this goo stuff would come out... And that's how we learned about puberty!

If they had gotten someone funny then maybe this would [have] worked.

That's what I thought. There's no way a Stretch Armstrong movie is going to be serious, so getting an actor with comedic skills would have been smart.

This is going to be a cinematic trainwreck.

For some reason, I thought that Owen Wilson would have made for a good Stretch Armstrong.

so they got *****ebag #2 from Twilight in this film

LOL

makes perfect sense

a crappy actor playing a crappy character

hopefully this will be a nail in the coffin for his "acting" career and he goes away

What a terrible career decision by Lautner.
Well it's not like he's praised for his acting but moreso because of his steroid influenced body.

I don't think critics when reviewing Sharkboy & Lavagirl ever thought to themselves "you know that young Lautner boy is going to be the next DeNiro"

I shudder to think of all the potential innuendos that may show up in this :whatever:

Well it's not like he's praised for his acting but moreso because of his steroid influenced body.

I don't think critics when reviewing Sharkboy & Lavagirl ever thought to themselves "you know that young Lautner boy is going to be the next DeNiro"
It's not about where he's at currently, but where he could go. Look at Kristin Stewart, his Twilight co-star. She's surprisingly been smart in what films she chooses to sign up for, and she's building up a nice little rep because of it.

I can't believe people are actually discussing casting choices for the Stretch Armstrong movie in a serious manner.

I can't believe people are actually discussing casting choices for the Stretch Armstrong movie in a serious manner.

I can't believe people are actually concerned with Taylor Lautner making bad career choices. I thought we hated him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"