Studios Staying Away from Super Bowl XLI

AssMan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Advertising Age reports that movie studios, usually a Super Bowl commercials mainstay, are largely absent from the February 4th game. CBS is charging $2.6 million for a 30-second spot.

Last year, when the Super Bowl aired on Walt Disney Co.'s ABC, Disney promoted "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," but it has no plans to promote the third installment in this year's telecast, instead using the high-profile event to showcase the comedy "Wild Hogs" and likely the computer-generated family flick "Meet the Robinsons."

Other big franchise movies that are expected to dominate the box office this summer and will be absent from the game include Dreamworks' "Shrek 3" and Sony's "Spider-Man 3." Sony will buy a spot in the pre-game for its comic book-based "Ghost Rider," which opens Feb. 16.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18625

Well that sucks.......

...for the people who only watch the Superbowl for the commercials. :down

I would've loved to see some new Spidey stuff while the Peyton Manning and the Colts give Da Bears an ass beating.

2 and half million for 30 secs? I don't blame them for staying away at that price.

Lame. I enjoy seeing movie spots as much as beer commercials during the game.

I don't even like football, why do I care for TV spots when they'll be on YouTube in a matter of seconds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"