Sub or Dub?

dubbing i speak only english and for me theforiegn languages ar disracting also i'd be to busy reading the substitles to enjoy the movie

3dman27 said:
dubbing i speak only english and for me theforiegn languages ar disracting also i'd be to busy reading the substitles to enjoy the movie

:D

Subtitles

Subbed.

Unless it's a shaw bros kung fu movie, then dubbed is better. :up:

The Question said:
Suctitles. Nothing wrong with reading.

Except when you are trying to watch a movie.

I chose subtitles, because as somebody already said, acting is more than the words coming out of your mouth.

I've always preferred subtitles, but I can see the flaw in it. Your eyes are taken from the screen to the words, so its like a slight disconnect from the visuals. But on the other hand, people have told me how fast I read which is in part a result of watching so many subbed movies to where I read the subs fast to get back to looking at the action.

Subtitles,I also watch closed caption TV cause I sometimes miss words are just don't hear them clearly. Also,some hispanic shows are either in english or in spanish subtitiles helps no matter what.

Subs, big time.
It keeps the atmosphere of the movie and it doesn't sound bad/stupid/funny.

Dubs are only good on Anime, since most anime, IMO, sound like crap with original voices.

Subtitles, always. Theres something about hearing the real actor's voice, even if I can't understand it. And dubbing tends to sound corny.

definitly subs...like many have said, so much acting is lost when a movie is dubbed...it's sad really.

Another wrong poll.

I prefer both.

I prefer subtitles to really get into the movie, and I prefer dubbing at times when I'm watching it but eating some kind of messy, hard to manage food, if I've already seen it, to study the differences, and also sometimes the dubbing is hilarious and way more entertaining than the original movie.

Depends on how well done the dubbing is.

Subtitles all the way. I hate dubbing. It takes SO much away from the original performance.

I have no tolerance for the kind of people who complain about subtitles cause it's "too much to read for them".

Subtitles. I think that it helps as you see the movie as it was ment to be seen. However, if the dub is painfully bad I'll watch it for laughs.

Subtitles, Most of the Time the dubbing takes me out of the movie

God subtitles all the way. Dubbing is SO freaking distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"