Suggest me some awesome bands to listen to?

Linkin Park is what's wrong with America.

You don't know the half of it.

When they first came out, I got the CD for Christmas. I was like "hm. That one song isn't horrible, so.." and I listened to it. They sounded like some ****ed up mesh of Limp Bizkit [I feel ******ed for spelling it like that :(], Stabbing Westward, and some fake-ass Slipknot cover band.

After I throughly put the fire out from that CD that I ignited using fingernail polish remover and paint thinner, I ended up going to one of the local benefit concerts* we had every year [Hampton Roads-I'm talking about Lunatic Luau], and they weren't headlining, but they were playing close to the end that year. I was like, "Okay, the CD was crap, but maybe they have a good show?".

I had never been more wrong about anything, ever. :csad: :csad:

*or, it might have been Ozzfest/Off-fest, I don't remember which came first that year.

You don't know the half of it.

When they first came out, I got the CD for Christmas. I was like "hm. That one song isn't horrible, so.." and I listened to it. They sounded like some ****ed up mesh of Limp Bizkit [I feel ******ed for spelling it like that :(], Stabbing Westward, and some fake-ass Slipknot cover band.

Those bands suck too, so it's a recipe for disaster. :csad:

Don't go hatin' on Stabbing Westward.

And yeah, Slipknot's not that great anymore, but they do/did have a decent stage show. To me, if you're gonna have a mediocre sound, then you need to have a great stage show to make up for it. Manson is a great example. Guns, God and Government was a bad tour, but **** if it wasn't a great show. There's just a mood there you really can't beat. And it wasn't like a stadium show or anything--it was at the Norva, which is basically a bar with two stages.

Between the stoned couple having sex literally four feet from me, and my fake leg dropping on someone's head [who I later found out was one of my good friends that I didn't know was even gonna be there], as well as what I mentioned above, it was one of my best concert experiences.

Don't go hatin' on Stabbing Westward.

And yeah, Slipknot's not that great anymore, but they do/did have a decent stage show. To me, if you're gonna have a mediocre sound, then you need to have a great stage show to make up for it. Manson is a great example. Guns, God and Government was a bad tour, but **** if it wasn't a great show. There's just a mood there you really can't beat. And it wasn't like a stadium show or anything--it was at the Norva, which is basically a bar with two stages.

Between the stoned couple having sex literally four feet from me, and my fake leg dropping on someone's head [who I later found out was one of my good friends that I didn't know was even gonna be there], as well as what I mentioned above, it was one of my best concert experiences.

Oh yeah, Slipknot knows hot to make a show, but their music is just ugh. :csad:

I dunno. Some of the newer stuff is decent, the more mellow stuff, anyway. And if you're looking for a thrashing album, then MFKR is one of the better ones, definitely.

I'll talk more on this later, perhaps. For now, I sleep.

I dunno. Some of the newer stuff is decent, the more mellow stuff, anyway. And if you're looking for a thrashing album, then MFKR is one of the better ones, definitely.

I'll talk more on this later, perhaps. For now, I sleep.

I've honestly just listened to their older work, and I thought Mate Feed Kill Repeat was crap. But then again, have listened to their new stuff.

ok not oasis but kasabians first album was dance rock.

Kasabian ran away from me :csad:
They hung around where I/they live a few weeks back. Me and the girlfriend recognised them, they noticed us recognising them...and they made a run for it.
Oh, and Kate Nash...the woman listens to her in the car ALL THE TIME.

She's not too bad though, so it's alright.
Oh, and do you know of Hadouken? Seeing them next month :up:

Kasabian ran away from me :csad:
They hung around where I/they live a few weeks back. Me and the girlfriend recognised them, they noticed us recognising them...and they made a run for it.
Oh, and Kate Nash...the woman listens to her in the car ALL THE TIME.

She's not too bad though, so it's alright.
Oh, and do you know of Hadouken? Seeing them next month :up:

Hadouken are great. Those guys have got a really great sense of humour. You should check out their tour vids on youtube. I'm gonna check em out when the play Reading in a couple of weeks.

Reading? Nicely done :up: I'm not going, but my gf is. :[
I'm more into the smaller gigs though. The Foo's at Hyde Park last year almost killed me.

For anyone who hasn't heard of Hadouken!, here's their That Boy That Girl video...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"