Suicide Squad, Fan4stic, Or Justice League(2017): Which Is The Worst Of The Worst?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
Which out these three widely disliked movies which are all a product of intense studio meddling is the worst film of these three? I think I’ll go with the Suicide Squad, followed closely by Fan4stic and theatrical version of Justice League. These three movies are some of the worst.

For me, here’s my ranking of these movies from best to worst.

1. Justice League(2017)
2. Fan4stic(2015)
3. Suicide Squad(2016)

Suicide Squad is a terribly edited film with bad fx and not much script, but it has genuinely fun and at times even great performances from multiple people. I wouldn't rate it highly, but I would (and have) rewatched it happily.

Fant4stic was a weird mess, but honestly not as bad as most people say. The first half of the movie was generally enjoyable to me and I think hacker Doom was actually an adaptation concept with some genuine potential. I get why people hated it since its so different from comics Doom who still hasn't ever been done well, but it could have worked, imo. It's just when the story shifts to the second half everything comes crashing down almost instantly, nothing seems at all meaningful anymore and Robo-Doom was just the dumbest looking and acting thing imaginable (almost). Overall, a bad film but nowhere near the worst.

Justice League, though... There's a film with literally no redeeming qualities. It looked like a half-assed TV production. It made no sense whatsoever. Its villain was even worse than Robo-Doom. It had no fun or engaging action sequences at all. And the performances were all bad. All of them. Actors who have effortless charisma in other films (including other dc films) were walking wooden planks in Justice League (or worse).

For me, Whedon's JL, will forever be the worst. Not just for the film, but the utterly sad events wrapped around the production and how WB behaved, presented themselves and eventual release.

I have zero 'emotional' input on F4 - I actually thought the earlier part of the film was quite decent, the problems started for me, when they became the fully-fledged team.

I actually really like SS 2016, I would like to see Ayer's cut no doubt, but as far as the action and casting (including Leno) for me is strong and I probably like it more than most.

Voted FF, but really they're all fair game. All 3 are awful, miserable production disasters.

Justice League might be the most fun, just because there's two versions now so there is some interest in comparing them. On the down side, Justice League sucks for a solid 6 hours now.

I'm impressed, as much dismay as TASM2 causes it hardly enters such discussions.

In the case of Fant4stic there is a chance to say that garbage was salvaged, or at least they tried with it.
Suicide Squad... at least it made money... and the scrapped script doesn't inspire trust.
At least Justice League is fun, so it is the best of the three in its own.. strange corner.

Fox wins this version of the Razzie Award.

Both cuts of Justice League aren't good (the Snyder Cut is better for the simple matter of being a consistent vision, but it's a bloated slog that should have been 2 and a half hours at max) but both versions are comfortably better than Fan4stic and SS.

SS is a terrible movie with the 3rd act being fan4stic levels of bad, but you can probably find a few positive things about it like some of the casting being decent.

Every facet of Fan4stic is embarrassing from top to bottom.

For me, Whedon's JL, will forever be the worst. Not just for the film, but the utterly sad events wrapped around the production and how WB behaved, presented themselves and eventual release.

I have zero 'emotional' input on F4 - I actually thought the earlier part of the film was quite decent, the problems started for me, when they became the fully-fledged team.

I actually really like SS 2016, I would like to see Ayer's cut no doubt, but as far as the action and casting (including Leno) for me is strong and I probably like it more than most.

C7-E678-B6-912-A-47-D9-B70-F-BB9-EADAADFE6.gif

I’m crazy, I know, but I actually liked JL TC. I liked it better than the Snyder Cut.

I went with Suicide Squad. It was just kind of a mess. There are good parts like Will Smith’s Deadshot and Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn, but ultimately the climax (no pun intended) was the squad going and watching a zombie version of Cara Delevingne twerking.

I’m crazy, I know, but I actually liked JL TC. I liked it better than the Snyder Cut.

I went with Suicide Squad. It was just kind of a mess. There are good parts like Will Smith’s Deadshot and Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn, but ultimately the climax (no pun intended) was the squad going and watching a zombie version of Cara Delevingne twerking.

Yeah I wouldn’t go so far as to say I liked JL TC but I found it more bearable than the bloated mess that was the Snyder Cut. That’s not to say it’s exactly a better movie but I’d rather watch two hours of garbage than four. And honestly I feel like a couple of the characters come off better in the TC. Henry Cavill’s CGI mouth might be nightmare-inducing but he actually had some personality; all he did in ZSJL was brood silently. I also found the Flash less annoying, if only because I didn’t have to suffer through that pet store scene.

Yeah I wouldn’t go so far as to say I liked JL TC but I found it more bearable than the bloated mess that was the Snyder Cut. That’s not to say it’s exactly a better movie but I’d rather watch two hours of garbage than four. And honestly I feel like a couple of the characters come off better in the TC. Henry Cavill’s CGI mouth might be nightmare-inducing but he actually had some personality; all he did in ZSJL was brood silently. I also found the Flash less annoying, if only because I didn’t have to suffer through that pet store scene.

I pretty much agree. Theatrical is unnacceptably shoddy; an obviously rushed attempt to repurpose one mess into another. But... I see the logic in quite a few of the additions, as well as a lot of the cuts.

Have to go with FF on this one.

Whedon's JL was rubbish, but had some enjoyable moments.

Suicide Squad was awful, but the first 15 or so minutes aren't bad.

FF is bad from start to finish and horribly misconceived, I know they were going for Ultimate FF, but managed to do a terrible job.
I struggled to sit through this and regretted it entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"