Suicide Squad vs Sinister Six: which villain movie are you looking forward to more?

SymbioteKal-El

Civilian
Reaction score
I have to say I am really looking forward to Suicide Squad at the moment, it could really help set up some great DC villains and I actually think it's a smart move on WB's part.

Sinister Six I am just not sure about, but once we hear more I may change my mind. What does everyone else think?

Suicide Squad because there is at least hope it could be good. I have no hope S6 will be anything but bad.

Suicide Squad by default. The Sinister Six movie sounds like nothing but a cheap cash in attempt to save the franchise.

Suicide Squad, no question. Even if I wasn't interested in them, it's a much better idea than a Sinister Six movie.

Suicide Squad! like you said, it has the potential to set up some of DC's best villains! :D

Suicide Squad.

Sinister Six is attached to a series I'm already invested in (Man of Steel doesn't really count here, because I don't know if anyone from it will be in Suicide Squad), but then Amazing Spider-Man 2 was only passable and not a good sequel to the first one. The Suicide Squad premise has potential, and I'm not sure what the premise for Sinister Six is beyond supervillain team-up. Suicide Squad is more than likely going to have Harley Quinn, but I don't yet know who will play her. Sinister Six could have Black Cat, and it would presumably be Felicity Jones who I like for the part.

It's close. Right now I'll say Suicide Squad, but it's something I could flip-flop on any number of times before they're actually released.

It fills me with joy everytime I'm reassured that almost everyone on the SHH forums doesn't give a **** about Sinister Six! :D finding someone that's looking forward to this movie, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

Guess I agree with pretty much everyone here. Suicide Squad still doesn't have any mentions of who will be in it. I can guess that Waller and Rick Flag, Jr. will be in it. Deadshot seems like a must, but I'm unsure as to which era they'll be pulling from.

Sinister Six seems...lazy. I mean, it was kind of neat to see all the Osborn tech aligning the walls, but nothing to do with characters' origins. Seems they'll be skipping that and just making the characters their themes, which is honestly kind of boring, it sounds.

DAMN!!
those results.
Scrap Sinister Six!!! The best way to maximize financial gains is to add their Spidey to the MCU

It fills me with joy everytime I'm reassured that almost everyone on the SHH forums doesn't give a **** about Sinister Six

Nobody said they don't give a **** they just said that they're looking forward to Suicide squad more.

Either way it's a bizarre thing to bring joy to you

Nobody said they don't give a **** they just said that they're looking forward to Suicide squad more.

Either way it's a bizarre thing to bring joy to you
Dude! if Sinister Six flops, Spidey will be on his way home, to Marvel! and even if that wasn't a possibility, I'd still want it to bomb, cause it's a stupid ass idea!

And evidence suggest hardly anyone is looking forward to this train wreck! :D it just brings joy and glee to my heart! just the thought of Sony failing!

Last edited:
I am sort of looking forward to Sinister Six, but it depends what route they take with it at this point.

But Suicide Squad just has so much more going for it, a good up and coming director in Ayer, and the potential characters and casting just sounds amazing all around. Plus it would be the 1st time we will see big screen versions of the likes of Deadshot, Harley Quinn (played by Margot Robbie no less), and possibly Deathstroke! Not to mention a new iteration of The Joker, so yeah, Suicide Squad by quite some way at the moment.

Suicide Squad. Not only do I love David Ayers but they really shot themselves in the foot by having Green Goblin kill Gwen.

Dude! if Sinister Six flops, Spidey will be on his way home, to Marvel! and even if that wasn't a possibility, I'd still want it to bomb, cause it's a stupid ass idea!

Sony is the only home Spidey has ever had, they're the only ones who've ever made movies. He's home already.

Marvel gave him away as a baby and Sony raised him. Going "home" is actually going away from home and back to a family that never cared for him and gave him away.

There's no guarantee of it going back to them if the movie flops.

How is Sinister six any worse an idea than Suicide Squad. They're essentially the same idea

it just brings joy and glee to my heart! just the thought of Sony failing!

How pathetic. There's no good reason to hope for a movie that hasn't even got a cast yet to flop.

Last edited:

And evidence suggest hardly anyone is looking forward to this train wreck! :D it just brings joy and glee to my heart! just the thought of Sony failing!

Do people not get at this point that if the movies tank Marvel is going to be wary of doing them for a while? They explicitly said as much about Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher who so far as of Phase 3's confirmation are no where.

If Spider-Man goes back to Marvel it's because people are ****ing sick of the franchise.

Sony is the only home Spidey has ever had, they're the only ones who've ever made movies. He's home already.

Marvel gave him away as a baby and Sony raised him. Going "home" is actually going away from home and back to a family that never cared for him and gave him away.

How is Sinister six any worse an idea than Suicide Squad. They're essentially the same idea

How pathetic. There's no good reason to hope for a movie that hasn't even got a cast yet to flop.

Agreed.This sony hate is getting tiring.

SPider-man along with X-Men revived the genre and there wouldn't be a marvel studios today.I know some want to pretend success of X-Men and SPider-man had no bearing.

Yeah Rami didn't like Venom.Venom Is one of most popular spider-man villains so it wasn't crazy Idea wanting to use him.And lots of other ideas like Sandman killing uncle ben and terrable stuff with harry came from Rami

With ASM2 Kurtman and Orci wrote script.

Hoping Sinister six bombs like Fantastic Four Is just terrable.

I'm looking foward to Sinister 6 but how are those the same other then they both feature villains in the lead?

Are the Sinister 6 being forced by the government to work for them or else they die in the film?

:lmao:
Marvel "never cared" for Spider-man? I don't even know where to begin with this.
Agreed.This sony hate is getting tiring.

SPider-man along with X-Men revived the genre and there wouldn't be a marvel studios today.I know some want to pretend success of X-Men and SPider-man had no bearing.

Yeah Rami didn't like Venom.Venom Is one of most popular spider-man villains so it wasn't crazy Idea wanting to use him.And lots of other ideas like Sandman killing uncle ben and terrable stuff with harry came from Rami

With ASM2 Kurtman and Orci wrote script.

Hoping Sinister six bombs like Fantastic Four Is just terrable.
Those movies revived the genre, but look at how stale Sony's Spider-man properties are becoming. It's clear that they are declining in quality, so a shake up needs to happen and Marvel needs to get the rights back plain and simple. They would do a much better job with the character than Sony will in their next few movies, guaranteed. Compare ASM 2 to Marvel's recent film output and you'll see a clear divide in terms of quality.
As it's already been said, the Sinister Six is just a weak attempt on Sony's parts to save the rights from reverting and try to stay relevant. I personally don't care if it is successful or not (it won't be), I just want Marvel to get the rights back, wait a few years, and then make the Spider-man movie we've all been waiting for.

Last edited:
Yeah, of course there's Spidey Sony hate after the past three films. Why wouldn't there be? I actually liked the ASM2 but I'd be a fool not to recognize that plenty of people didn't like it. Same with Spider-Man 3. Amazing Spider-Man was mixed. That's three flicks in a row and SPidey is now losing it's steam and suffering because of it when it comes to films.

Marvel and Sony don't want Spidey to lose it's steam. He's important to both. And yeah the whole Marvel doesn't care about Spider-Man thing is a friggen joke.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"