Which 2016 CBM are you looking forward to most?

While I am excited for CW, its mainly to see Vision, Ant Man and SW again rather than the titular characters, is that weird?

That's kind of how I feel (including Spider-man and excluding Scarlett Witch).

I'm more excited for seeing Cyclops than Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine or Mystique.

See personally I think that's differemt, CW is a Cap movie were as Apoc is an X-Men movie, sorry to split haits!

That's kind of how I feel (including Spider-man and excluding Scarlett Witch).

I am excited for Spidey as well, my 2nd favourite character of all time, bit knowing he has a small part makes me not as excited.

See personally I think that's differemt, CW is a Cap movie were as Apoc is an X-Men movie, sorry to split haits!
From a series which was predominately about Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Wolverine.

That only seems relevant in theory though. In practice the X-Men movies have been focused very hard on a few characters and not done well with the ensemble aspect. There's not that many movies to compare with but I think Whedon has outdone the X-franchise with significant margin. Despite Hawkeye's mind control.

From a series which was predominately about Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Wolverine.

True, but the likes of Jean Grey, Storm, Kitty, Rogue, Pyro and Iceman have had decent sized roles in the franchise as well. You could even say Sabretooth and Stryker have had decent roles also. Ah well, agree to disagree.

That only seems relevant in theory though. In practice the X-Men movies have been focused very hard on a few characters and not done well with the ensemble aspect. There's not that many movies to compare with but I think Whedon has outdone the X-franchise with significant margin. Despite Hawkeye's mind control.

You have 4 different team movies in the Marvel Universe released in theaters:

X-Men
Fantastic Four
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy

And as bad as all the FF movies are, it's not like it's the Human Torch movie and 3 other characters.

Even GOTG, Peter Quill doesn't overshadow the other members.

Avengers is not really an apt comparison because 4 of them had solo movies prior to the the Avengers. I feel that that the Avengers really spreads the wealth in terms of character even with Black Widow and Hawkeye.

The X-Men movies can't do what the Avengers did. They can't do a Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Iceman and Beast and then a X-Men movie.

I've said in the past, that X-Men should have been about the original X-Men against Magneto. Then introduce Wolverine in the sequel.

True, but the likes of Jean Grey, Storm, Kitty, Rogue, Pyro and Iceman have had decent sized roles in the franchise as well. You could even say Sabretooth and Stryker have had decent roles also. Ah well, agree to disagree.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. I'd throw in Beast just for the last 2 movies as well as TLS. I'd even put him with Jean in terms of secondary characters, although honestly they should be primary ones.

Like I said addressing Adhesive Boy, it's not really a fair comparison. There aren't that many characters as popular as Wolverine. I understand why they focus on him, but when it's essentially Wolverine and the X-Men 1 - 3. It gets tiresome. I want more than decent sized roles from the rest of the X-Men.

But getting to my point, considering Apocalypse is the 3rd movie in the Xavier/Magneto/Mystique trilogy, it's an apt comparison saying I'm looking more forward to Cyclops then them.

You have 4 different team movies in the Marvel Universe released in theaters:

X-Men
Fantastic Four
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy

And as bad as all the FF movies are, it's not like it's the Human Torch movie and 3 other characters.

Even GOTG, Peter Quill doesn't overshadow the other members.

Avengers is not really an apt comparison because 4 of them had solo movies prior to the the Avengers. I feel that that the Avengers really spreads the wealth in terms of character even with Black Widow and Hawkeye.

The X-Men movies can't do what the Avengers did. They can't do a Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Iceman and Beast and then a X-Men movie.

I've said in the past, that X-Men should have been about the original X-Men against Magneto. Then introduce Wolverine in the sequel.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. I'd throw in Beast just for the last 2 movies as well as TLS. I'd even put him with Jean in terms of secondary characters, although honestly they should be primary ones.

Like I said addressing Adhesive Boy, it's not really a fair comparison. There aren't that many characters as popular as Wolverine. I understand why they focus on him, but when it's essentially Wolverine and the X-Men 1 - 3. It gets tiresome. I want more than decent sized roles from the rest of the X-Men.

But getting to my point, considering Apocalypse is the 3rd movie in the Xavier/Magneto/Mystique trilogy, it's an apt comparison saying I'm looking more forward to Cyclops then them.

I agree but I don't think Wolverine has over shadowed as much since X3 which was a movie I got sick of him in.

Well besides his other 2 movies? So 5 out of 7 movies? LOL

I'll agree that Wolverine didn't necessarily overshadow the others in DOFP BUT he had a very significant role. And, if his role in the other movies were the same scale as in DOFP, I'd have less issue with the franchise.

Well besides his other 2 movies? So 5 out of 7 movies? LOL

I'll agree that Wolverine didn't necessarily overshadow the others in DOFP BUT he had a very significant role. And, if his role in the other movies were the same scale as in DOFP, I'd have less issue with the franchise.

Well X2 was about his past so he was bound to have a big role in that, X3 should have been Cyclops and Jean as the focus though, and with Singer I think we would have gotten that. The Wolvie solo movies of course he is going to be the focus.

While I am excited for CW, its mainly to see Vision, Ant Man and SW again rather than the titular characters, is that weird?
As much as I love Cap, I do feel that way a bit. I'm most interested in seeing how the Russos handle all the different Avengers. But seeing what happens to Cap at the end is also a highlight.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
----
3. Suicide Squad
4. Doctor Strange
5. X-Men: Apocalypse
6. Deadpool

My number one, "Civil War", is by far the movie i am looking forward the most.
Second is "Batman vs. Superman"...

Thereafter is a big gap, but i like to see all movies ranked from 3-6.
Maybe the ranking between those 4 movies will change, if the first trailers to X-Men and Dr. Strange drop.
Till now, Deadpool and Suicide Squad both look amazing...

Maybe i am also interessted in The Gambit, but have to wait till more informations are available

1. X-Men: Apocalypse
2. Suicide Squad
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Deadpool
5. Batman V Superman
6. Doctor Strange
7. Gambit

It's about to be a great year!

Wonder how many people would change their votes after the recent trailers? For the record I wouldn't, it's still Apoc as number 1 for me.

Cap:CW
Strange
BvS
Deadpool
SS
X-M:A

Civil War. The trailer was amazing which put it over the top for me. The Russo's have proven themselves to be masters of action so I'm expecting a visceral wallop at the theater.

1) Captain America: Civil War
2) Deadpool & Dr. Strange
3) Apocalypse
4) Dawn of Justice

It's looking like DoJ could end up having the best release date of the bunch.

Wonder how many people would change their votes after the recent trailers? For the record I wouldn't, it's still Apoc as number 1 for me.

It seems that this has been a 2 CBM race since 2014 between CW and BvS on these boards. I do think that BvS trailer has hurt more than helped at least on here.

Last edited:
It seems that this has been a 2 CBM race since 2014 between CW and BvS on these boards. I do think that BvS trailer has hurt more than helped at least on here.

Think that was always going to be the case though in fairness. The trailer for CW was much better though.

My original list still stands:

1) BvS
2) Suicide Squad
3) Civil War

Those are the top 3. Everything else is meh at this point.

The ones defently see in theaters

1:Apocalypse
2:Deadpool

for the DC films recent trailer for BVS is hurting my intrest since i am really starting to think Zack Snyder basicly made MOS2 but is using batman to try
to create interst in film.

as for civil war trailer leaves me with hope start didn't take away focus from cap still I don't like what i heard on spider-man and hearing attacks on
Apocalypse isn't exactly wanting to make me rush out to see civil war.

Opinions=Attacks
giphy.gif

It's just an excuse to start a flame war. The trailer got a great reaction.

Definitely Suicide Squad.

Then...
BvS
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Deadpool
X-Men: Apocalypse
Gambit.

Not sure I care about the TMNT: Out of the Shadows. Though I haven't seen the first.

Isn't there a Blood Shot movie coming out from Image? I could be wrong.

I also find it odd that BvS is winning, yet people disagree about the quality of the trailers. Interesting.

Originally I voted for x-men Apocalypse but TMNT 2 quickly overtook just for Bebob and Rocksteady lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"