Arrow Suicide Squad

Why are Diggle and his ex on the Suicide Squad? Why isn't I don't know, Captain Boomerang? Or any number of DC villains on it instead?

Short story- Established characters.

Long Story-
Because in this universe Suicide Squad is an ARGUS unit. Lyla is an ARGUS field agent. She also fits the Rick Flag Jr role. One could assume she requests Diggle because she wants someone she can trust out in the field on this mission. So if Diggle isn't on this mission then what is the logic of having a Suicide Squad episode on Arrow if they aren't going against Arrow.

As to why Captain Boomerang isn't on the team. Well Captain Boomerang hasn't been established in this universe yet. Plus there is the fact that he is a Flash villain. So they will probably want to establish him on The Flash, if they decide to use him.

As for any other DC villains, name me some villains that have been established on Arrow in the first season and a half that would fit the Suicide Squad. Also Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, and Shrapnel being on it pretty much legitimizes it. Deadshot and Bronze Tiger were on the first Modern Age Suicide Squad. And at one point in the comics all three were on the Squad together.

Last edited:
Let's complain about the looks, from a publicity photo. As if they might not change during the actual episode. Orrrrrr oh my god, they might change in future episodes. :doh:

They will look better eventually, this show likes evolution of their characters. You just have to look at one of the members of the Suicide Squad, Deadshot.

They will look better eventually, this show likes evolution of their characters. You just have to look at one of the members of the Suicide Squad, Deadshot.

:up:
Deadshot looks awesome.

Plus, if this is supposed to be a covert black ops team, then it'd probably be a good idea for then NOT to stand out. That'd just increase their chances of getting killed.

Covert black ops teams aren't mall detectives. They are not supposed to blend in with the crowd. They are not supposed to be seen in the first place. They are going on high risk missions, which means they probably go after their targets in the dead of night most of the time.

I'm ok with the way they dress, as long as it's just supposed to be our first glimpse and they aren't in their mission gear yet.

Shrapnel on the show seems like a really bad choice. I hadn't heard of him until the episode, but from what I read he seems almost completely different from his comic book persona. In the show he's pretty much just a crazed terrorist bomber.
I'll have to see how they handle it.

Arrow's Shrapnel reminded me more of Batman Beyond's Mad Stan.

Looks like I wasn't the only one.

xbaVPWP.jpg

Shrapnel on the show seems like a really bad choice. I hadn't heard of him until the episode, but from what I read he seems almost completely different from his comic book persona. In the show he's pretty much just a crazed terrorist bomber.
I'll have to see how they handle it.

No it's not and this isn't the comics. It's the CW DC Universe. If you want the comic book Shrapnel go buy/download some of the comics he is in.

Also to the best of knowledge the New 52 Shrapnel has yet to debut in New 52 continuity. So it's possible this Shrapnel could be what DC goes with if/when they use Shrapnel in the New 52

First look. I hope they all get put into decent gear, once they are on their mission. The only one that looks any good right now is Deadshot.

SEMNvyn.jpg

Part of me hoped they'd surprise us and have Diggle kinda pressed up like Kato. :woot:

Pictures from the front page, without the watermark.

b8K0tKC.jpg

MhdHnvU.jpg

grDzpGC.jpg
Js4ReK6.jpg

ijtAxyr.jpg
M9MWioO.jpg

I'm so looking forward to this.

zJif4Mi.jpg

dHnwO3n.jpg

em7P56w.jpg

E2uF3JU.jpg

1RlMkYf.jpg