Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 16: "Suicide Squad" Rate and Review Thread

There were a few WTF moments in the episode. From the drone strike scenario to the home videos of Shado to Oliver knowing Waller.

The Harley easter egg was harmless.

Was anyone else kind of disappointed in this episode?

I mean, the parts with Ollie and Sara, and Diggle and Deadshot were great! But everything else? Eh...

My main gripe is that the Suicide Squad seemed like a throwaway. Shrapnel was killed, Bronze Tiger barely did anything. "Task Force X" from Justice League Unlimited was much more epic and showed off the team much better.

Here's hoping "Birds of Prey" turn out better.

Also, Harley Quinn and Khandaq? Awesome!

I like Deadshot's "That's two you owe me junior" and "Do I get a say in this?!?"
:woot:

I thought the episode was ok. Was expecting more about HIVE too.

I laughed when Lyla said the drone was coming and they cut to commercial because there was this one guy who seemed to be swaying too hard while dancing.

And if they have it that Ollie and Waller hooked up...

Was anyone else kind of disappointed in this episode?

I mean, the parts with Ollie and Sara, and Diggle and Deadshot were great! But everything else? Eh...

My main gripe is that the Suicide Squad seemed like a throwaway. Shrapnel was killed, Bronze Tiger barely did anything. "Task Force X" from Justice League Unlimited was much more epic and showed off the team much better.

Here's hoping "Birds of Prey" turn out better.

Also, Harley Quinn and Khandaq? Awesome!
To be honest,I was "this close" to giving it an 8 instead of a 9 for the reasons you mentioned.But,it is what it is.A chance to give Digg the spotlight for a change.

Well, Waller is an attractive female who isn't a family member, underage, or geriatric. Given Oliver's track record with women on this show thus far, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and Waller did the nasty at some point in the past.

another excellent episode I think Arrow did a better version the Suicide Squad then smallville ever did. Didn't see that coming Oliver and Waller know each other and Laural wasn't annoying in this episode I give 9.5

I thought the Dingle stuff was great, the Oliver/Sara storyline dragged down the episode. Overall I will give it an 8 since the Oliver stuff was basically the b-plot

Another great episode. No doubt there'll be more Suicide Squad episodes, maybe they're own show. Really awesome Harley Easter egg and I love Deadshot more and more every time

Where did Slade get home movies of Shado?:huh:

How did Ollie know Waller?I thought he was going to free Deadshot and the others,since it seemed like they weren't getting a fair shake in the "SS",(even for cutthroats.)

lol. when i saw that i thought, Man...Slade is one creepy dude to find videos of Shado.

We'll probably see some kind of flashback with Oliver meeting Waller. It's why he says to Laurel "Im going to meet with an old friend." She also knew Oliver "killed" or thought killed Slade in the island. Might also explain how she knows Olivers identity.

lol. when i saw that i thought, Man...Slade is one creepy dude to find videos of Shado.

We'll probably see some kind of flashback with Oliver meeting Waller. It's why he says to Laurel "Im going to meet with an old friend." She also knew Oliver "killed" or thought killed Slade in the island. Might also explain how she knows Olivers identity.

She may have been involved in Ollie's getting off the island. Also a man like Slade could probably procure old videos of Shado once he got off the island.

I thought this was one of the better episodes of the series actually.

it was good not great for me( i know they building up for the big showdown) but the coolest was quote" deranged girl unquote

"Do you cuties need some counseling? I'm a trained therapist!"

hahaha that was freaking cool! that and The wall taking shrapnel outta the game by blowing him up to kingdom come! that chick aint playing around!Damn!

Another great episode. No doubt there'll be more Suicide Squad episodes, maybe they're own show. Really awesome Harley Easter egg and I love Deadshot more and more every time

Basically my thoughts haha.

I wonder if they'll have Amanda enlisting the Suicide Squad to help Oliver take down Slade and company.

Now the only question that I have is...who the heck knocked down Diggie from the last episode? I was pretty sure that it was one of Waller's goons, who would bring Diggie to Waller at the start of this episode.

Also, anyone else find it strange on how Oliver never once asked where Diggie was and all that?

Maybe it was cut. Pretty dumb though since it WAS KIND OF IMPORTANT. geez

I guess it was some Slade or Blood goon that knocked him out since Slade was taunting Oliver about it.

It could still be Huntress, or Ravager (ok that's just who I HOPE it was, I love her). As for the Shado thing, Slade is still clearly obsessed with her so I can see him going out of his way to track down everything of hers that he could possibly find. It's creepy to be sure, but then again him getting all touchy-feely with the Queen women in episode 15 was also really creepy.

There doesn't seem to be a wealth of things to say about this one.:funny:

I think it would've had a bigger impact if they didn't have the two week break.It's not really the kind of episode to come out of the gate swinging with.

As I expected, the characters, and even cameo in this episode were far superior than anything else this show's been putting out lately thanks to the focus on Diggle and the Suicide Squad. Deadshot manages to be hilariously more developed than Slade in just two episodes this season. Harley Quinn doesn't even show her face and yet is ten times more awesome than any other female character on this show. This should tell you something writers. It has it's downsides too though: The story isn't hugely interesting or entertaining. They don't take advantage of the talent they have at their disposal. Shrapnel's offed far too early, and Bronze Tiger is barely utilized. The unneccesary flashback nonsense bogs down the episode. As does Oliver and everything not involving the squad. No actual Deathstroke. Missed opportunity by not having Diggle kidnapped in the previous episode, and jumping right into the action. It strips it of it's tension and sense of build, bringing the momentum to a screeching halt. Waller comes off as less calculating and more robotic. Seriously, the cut scene Waller in Arkham Origins acts more.

Last edited:
We need more Suicide Squad!

Pretty decent episode, was fun to see Ben Browder again.
I as well wonder where Slade managed to get videos of Shado from.

Was a good episode. Deadshot was great. Haha, but didn't anyone tell Shrapnel that there was an explosive in his head if he didn't play ball ?

I actually like that Ollie knows Waller.

Not the best episode so far... But definitely not awful. 7/10 IMHO.

I get the feeling the Waller was Fryers boss theory might be more accurate than we thought. Maybe Waller turns up on the island to find it what happened to him?

Laurel.... The 180 in her character here was a bit jarring... 'AA honesty' as a reason is a very weak explaination. Makes me worry they are just going to ignore the fact they spent one and a half seasons ruining the character and have her be something that she should have been at the start.

Harley... That was a good cameo.

great to see Diggle fleshed out a little more, I've kinda felt both he and Felicity have been pushed into the shadows recently, so episodes for each is welcome.

Waste of Shrapnel IMHO.... And Bronze Tiger TBH.

harleyyyyyyyy and a Khandaq shoutout

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"