Super Mario Super Mario Maker

The premade levels aren't all that great. Some of them are extremely short. I think the NWC levels are the best.

I tried the demo and was dissappointed. The levels I played were pretty basic and took like 30 seconds to a minute

I'm pretty underwhelmed by Mario Maker the more I play it. I thought it'd be great to have an unlimited amount of mario levels, but the amount of horrid troll levels is just too high. I already blew through all the premade stuff too. I'm not much of a creator, but maybe if I dig into that more I'll find some enjoyment in the game.

I was mainly about due to the premade levels, too. I would have gotten into online ones as well, but I know that like most level editors 90% of them would not be worth playing. I'll still probably get it, but the lackluster premade levels sound disappointing.

I see myself trading this in somewhat soon. 90% of the levels created by other people are troll levels or just complete garbage. It's not fun to play a level with 50 goomba's stacked up and one Koopa shell. You kill all the goombas, get a jillion 1-UP's then walk to the finish with no trouble. That's not fun at all.

Salty in here.. this is one of the best games i've ever spent money on. Amazing courses if you actually bother to look and building courses is addicting.

I'm definitely keeping the game, and think it's a great Mario game, but the pre-made levels are pretty bad. There's probably a good 5-6 outta the 60. But overall, I don't think its a game you should give up on so easily. I would just find good creators, and stick with those. There's quite a few you can find easily on the main screen. And as time goes on, I'm sure the cream will rise to the top, and there will be even more quality stages. It's just right now, people are just going nuts on all the troll levels and enemies.

I'm not even sure what these pre-made levels people are referring to are or where to find them. The game is about community and there is people making amazing levels out there. Not only that, it's such a blast to play and review friends levels.

I'm not even sure what these pre-made levels people are referring to are or where to find them.
Go to the Coursebot, and at the top left, it has a screen that says either "my course" or "sample courses". Toggle it till it gets to "sample courses", and those are the pre-made levels. You get them by playing through the 10 Mario Challenge at the beginning. When you're done unlocking all of them, a notification will tell you that the four NWC courses are now available.

Last edited:
I'm definitely keeping the game, and think it's a great Mario game, but the pre-made levels are pretty bad. There's probably a good 5-6 outta the 60. But overall, I don't think its a game you should give up on so easily. I would just find good creators, and stick with those. There's quite a few you can find easily on the main screen. And as time goes on, I'm sure the cream will rise to the top, and there will be even more quality stages. It's just right now, people are just going nuts on all the troll levels and enemies.

I think my biggest problem is I'm going through the 100 Mario Challenge and those suck hard. I want to unlock all the amiibo costumes though. I'm gonna give it time for the great levels to shine. I know there are some creative guys out there who can do more than stack Goombas and music note boxes.

PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Wii U, 3DS, PlayStation 4
Media Create Sales: 9/7/15 – 9/13/15
Published 7 hours ago. 58 comments.

Super Mario Maker debuts at 138,000 copies sold.
MCS_09-16-15.jpg

Super Mario Maker for Wii U opened its first week sales in Japan at 138,000 units, the latest Media Create sales numbers reveal.

The release of Super Mario Maker pushed Wii U sales an additional 10,000 units, topping PlayStation 4 as the highest-selling stationary console this week.

Also new this week, Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX debuted for 3DS at 59,000 sales.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer moved an additional 21,000 units, breaking one million units sold after less than two months on sale.
Get the full sales charts below.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [Wii U] Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, 09/10/15) – 138,242 (New)
  2. [3DS] Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX (Capcom, 09/10/15) – 59,456 (New)
  3. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami, 09/02/15) – 42,788 (336,440)
  4. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix, 08/27/15) – 42,577 (734,116)
  5. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Nintendo, 07/11/15) – 39,949 (1,490,292)
  6. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami, 09/02/15) – 22,639 (140,186)
  7. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo, 07/30/15) – 20,733 (1,010,621)
  8. [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 17,490 (643,987)
  9. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 7,379 (324,420)
  10. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo, 06/11/15) – 7,079 (462,363)
  11. [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 4,923 (1,122,317)
  12. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 2,948 (2,695,861)
  13. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 2,875 (4,041,326)
  14. [3DS] Famicom Remix: Best Choice (Nintendo, 08/27/15) – 2,835 (21,437)
  15. [PS4] Dragon’s Dogma Online Limited Edition (Capcom, 08/27/15) – 2,726 (35,702)
  16. [PSV] Infinite Stratos 2: Love and Purge (5pb., 09/03/15) – 2,094 (9,737)
  17. [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest (Nintendo, 06/25/15) – 1,910 (417,060)
  18. [PSV] Taiko Drum Master: V Version (Bandai Namco, 07/09/15) – 1,818 (94,811)
  19. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Best Price!) (Capcom, 07/30/15) – 1,781 (15,778)
  20. [Wii U] Yoshi’s Woolly World (Nintendo, 07/16/15) – 1,737 (70,619)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

1. New 3DS LL – 21,504 (26,976)
  2. Wii U – 20,891 (10,232)
  3. PlayStation 4 – 18,555 (54,494)
  4. PlayStation Vita – 9,018 (11,099)
  5. New 3DS – 4,214 (5,179)
  6. PlayStation 3 – 2,628 (2,817)
  7. 3DS – 1,275 (1,692)
  8. 3DS LL – 836 (909)
  9. PlayStation Vita TV – 462 (609)
  10. Xbox One – 207 (180)
Thanks, 4Gamer.net.

Read More

3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Wii U, Japan, Media Create Sales, Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX, Sales, Super Mario Maker
source: Gematsu

LIES! Everyone knows PS4 is unbeatable! :argh: STOP IT! :waa:

:o

Well, in Japan even the Vita beats the PS4 from time to time :o

It does seem like the PS4 is slowly gaining traction there, though. It'll probably pass the Wii U overall sales soonish.

Someone Recreated WarioWare, Inc. In New Super Mario Maker. September 17, 2015 . 3:30pm

A Super Mario Maker player has recreated WarioWare within the game, including the series’ iconic theme song between “microgames.”

[YT]IG_zjsrsUm0[/YT]
The WarioWare series is an established line of minigame collections, featuring microgames that only last three seconds. Nintendo already released a game that allowed people to create their own microgames on the Nintendo 3DS, WarioWare: D.I.Y., but Steve Prudden decides that wasn’t enough. He took to Super Mario Maker to create a level called “WarioWare, Inc.”

The “WarioWare, Inc.” Super Mario Maker level has 5 challenges, with returns to the home screen, where Prudden recreated the theme song with music blocks, after every challenge. Each microgame only lasts a few seconds, keeping things true to the original series, and players are given Wario costume at the beginning of the level.

Prudden’s “WarioWare, Inc.” can be found by entering the level ID: 2B43-0000-0038-3F06 when checking the Courses in Course World. Super Mario Maker is immediately available for the Nintendo Wii U.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Super Mario Maker & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Super Mario Maker Contra Level Is Spot On. September 18, 2015 . 11:30am

The first level of Contra has been recreated in Super Mario Maker.
[YT]96lmzEpFt5E[/YT]

Super Mario Maker is proving itself to be quite the useful tool for creating not only original levels, but also other games. Waffledawg, one Nintendo Wii U user, saw the game as an opportunity to recreate the first level of Contra within the game. It’s surprisingly effective, thanks to the use of fire-spitting Piranha Plants, Hammer Bros., flying Fire Flowers, and semi-solid platforms.

The music in the background of the game is actually taken from Contra, so it won’t sound exactly like it does here if you play Waffledawg’s “Super Contra Bros.” in Super Mario Maker. But the overall experience will remain the same.

The Super Mario Maker “Super Contra Bros.”’s level ID is F1B5-0000-0048-9965.

Read more stories about Contra & Nintendo & Nintendo Wii U & Super Mario Maker on Siliconera.

Eversion-Inspired Super Mario Maker Level Uses Doors In An Ingenious Way. September 21, 2015 . 11:00am

The indie game Eversion has inspired a Super Mario Maker level that toys with the idea of parallel worlds.

People have looked to all sorts of games when looking for inspiration in Super Mario Maker. Just the other day, we saw someone recreate the first level of Contra in the Nintendo Wii U game, and one user made an impromptu continuation of the WarioWare series in a level. But Dan Salvato’s Super Mario Maker level inspired by the game Eversion may be one of the most clever use of the game’s door and sub area mechanics, resulting in a puzzle-heavy creation.

Here’s the thing about the Super Mario Maker “Eversion!” level. The indie game from Zaratustra Productions relied on the notion of parallel realities, as does this level. The creator uploaded a video of it on YouTube, but watching it also gives you the solution to the experience and location of all 80 coins hidden within. If you own the game, it may be best to find the level by putting in ID: 262C-0000-0059-2402 in Course World first, attempt to complete it, then watch the following video.

[YT]Jb3aqN4LQlo[/YT]
Once again, the imagination and capabilities of Super Mario Maker may exceed expectations, and hopefully more levels like Salvato’s “Eversion” will appear as people grow more comfortable with the level editor.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo Wii U & Super Mario Maker on Siliconera.

Hey guys,
I don't have the ability to record these and put them on youtube but i've been getting some amazing feedback on my Star Wars levels so check them out if you have the game! And if anyone has a capture device that would be cool too :)

Mushroom Wars : Death Star Run D518-0000-0055-544A
Mushroom Wars : Battle for Hoth 3992-0000-0055-2D0B
Mushroom Wars : Endor/DeathStar 2 C200-0000-005A-A2E3

I shall try those, and your other ones you posted, later today.

I've found some courses while playing. Gotta dig for 'em, but man they're fun when you do. Too many of the top rated ones are those "Don't press any button" roller coaster style ones, which are cool at first, but lose their novelty quick. Also found something weird at Target today. They were selling Super Mario Maker Rubiks Cubes. Super weird, but for $5 I totally bought one.

Have any played the Metroid and Zelda inspired ones? I've seen some on YouTube and they look like a lot of fun.

Haven't done any of those, but Nintendo's YouTube channel was showing off some really smart levels. Those are worth checking out.

Yeah, I've played them. They're cool and all, but I'm just getting tired of these themed levels that don't play like Mario. It's cool to see people express their creativity, but I rather play a Mario level over something that kinda resembles Metroid.

If they came out with a Metroid Maker, I doubt people would be making a lot of Mario levels. But with this, it seems everybody wants to make everything besides an actual Mario level. I don't get it? :shrug:

Well then I'm not sure if I want to tell you about the Sonic-inspired levels. :hmm

Yeah, I've played them. They're cool and all, but I'm just getting tired of these themed levels that don't play like Mario. It's cool to see people express their creativity, but I rather play a Mario level over something that kinda resembles Metroid.

If they came out with a Metroid Maker, I doubt people would be making a lot of Mario levels. But with this, it seems everybody wants to make everything besides an actual Mario level. I don't get it? :shrug:

Probably because there will never be a Metroid Maker or a Zelda Maker or a what-have-you maker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"