Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 4- "How Does She Do It?" MAJOR SPOILERS

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Looks like you were right, bomber on the train! :D I wonder what/who that is she is flying after at the end. :hmm

Could be a bomb...or...a DRONE?!

But not to spoil anything here, there is a fun situation where Cat is talking to Kara from her limo...only Kara's flying as Supergirl. Though it's a trailer I like Melissa's acting as Kara though in her SG outfit. Kara's voice is a little higher and meek and is sometimes in a rush. Supergirl's is bolder, confident and slightly lower than Kara's

Sort of akin to Bud Collyer when he was Clark Kent and Superman on radio (1940-1950), in 17 Paramount theatrical cartoons in the 1940's and on the 1966-1968 Filmation Superman show seen on Saturday mornings on CBS.

Collyer would use a tenor voice as Kent, but when he becomes Superman it's more of a baritone voice. Take it from a Superman/Supergirl fan who also loves nostalgia and who sings in his church choir.

And I think the Calista and Melissa exchange in this secret ID ploy is a little bit of fun. This could remind some of the attempts made by Lois Lane to link Kent and Superman. Most notably on the George Reeves TV show mostly by the likes of Noel Neill who turns 95 on November 25th.

^^^ Interesting stuff Robert, my knowledge on Superman doesn't go that far back soi it's always good to get fresh tidbits. :)

As for your Drone theory, it could well be as that would be the next step up from bombs.

^^^ Interesting stuff Robert, my knowledge on Superman doesn't go that far back soi it's always good to get fresh tidbits. :)

As for your Drone theory, it could well be as that would be the next step up from bombs.

Comment 1, thanks a lot Hunter. :yay: I am 41, but I love the old school stuff including the Superman radio show, some episodes are available online for download or for purchase on cd's from places like Radio Spirits. They deal with radio's golden age and a little bit more. The Filmation Superman 1966 show is on DVD from Warner Home Video (as far as I know) and I have a couple of books on Superman including Flights of Fantasy which looks at both the radio and George Reeves TV versions. The 17 cartoons were once available from Warner on DVD and if you buy a Superman The Movie special 4-disc set, on disc 4 are 9 of the 17 Fleischer/Paramount cartoons, which were considered groundbreaking for the time.

As for the drone being chased, well drones are becoming commonplace almost and only does what the operator tells it to do. So perhaps this mad bomber is using drones at first, and then in the final confrontation Supergirl tries to talk the bomber out of doing like what those suicide bombers do in the Middle East. And does Max Lord have any connection to this bomber and how will the interaction with Cat and Carter play out?

Last edited:
Yep, that looks like a drone to me.

Promo two is far superior to the first.
It gives us a much better idea of what the story is about.

Comment 1, thanks a lot Hunter. :yay: I am 41, but I love the old school stuff including the Superman radio show, some episodes are available online for download or for purchase on cd's from places like Radio Spirits. They deal with radio's golden age and a little bit more. The Filmation Superman 1966 show is on DVD from Warner Home Video (as far as I know) and I have a couple of books on Superman including Flights of Fantasy which looks at both the radio and George Reeves TV versions. The 17 cartoons were once available from Warner on DVD and if you buy a Superman The Movie special 4-disc set, on disc 4 are 9 of the 17 Fleischer/Paramount cartoons, which were considered groundbreaking for the time.

As for the drone being chased, well drones are becoming commonplace almost and only does what the operator tells it to do. So perhaps this mad bomber is using drones at first, and then in the final confrontation Supergirl tries to talk the bomber out of doing like what those suicide bombers do in the Middle East. And does Max Lord have any connection to this bomber and how will the interaction with Cat and Carter play out?

I'm a bit like that with Batman, I love delving back inot the roots of these characters that have endured so long and in so many mediums of entertainment, it's very engrossing. :up:

It will be interesting to see which comes first and the sequence of Supergirl chasing the Drone through National City should be spectacular.
Could Maxwell Lord be sabotaging his own train with some long term plan in mind? Definitely possible I'd say.

I'm a bit like that with Batman, I love delving back inot the roots of these characters that have endured so long and in so many mediums of entertainment, it's very engrossing. :up:

It will be interesting to see which comes first and the sequence of Supergirl chasing the Drone through National City should be spectacular.
Could Maxwell Lord be sabotaging his own train with some long term plan in mind? Definitely possible I'd say.

I could definitely see Lord doing that....he seems the type that is very much like a Nero.....burn half the city just to blame the ones who threaten his power.

Just the fact that he knew damn well it was Supergirl who saved his butt, he even said so to her face....yet he looks right into the camera and says Superman, he has it out for her that is for sure.

Last edited:
I could definitely see Lord doing that....he seems the type that is very much like a Nero.....burn half the city just to blame the ones who threaten his power.

I wonder if despite all of his bluster and firing his scientist that he is unable to get the train working the way he wants and would rather have it sabotaged to save face than postpone it's unveiling.

I wonder if despite all of his bluster and firing his scientist that he is unable to get the train working the way he wants and would rather have it sabotaged to save face than postpone it's unveiling.

I don't know, but the thing she throws is not the drone, it's a bomb/or something that she gets from Lord and Alex....and from the looks of it, I'm not sure that she quite gets out of the way, but maybe she does.

Clarifying: One of the scenes is a drone, but what she throws is not a drone.

Last edited:
New Sneak Peek:

maybe it's because I'm a guy, but when the show focuses on the superheroics and action, it's interesting. but when it starts getting into the romance stuff, I find myself tuning out......lol.

maybe it's because I'm a guy, but when the show focuses on the superheroics and action, it's interesting. but when it starts getting into the romance stuff, I find myself tuning out......lol.

I do not want, this show at least, to only be action. In this last episode, the two scenes that brought it home for me were the two scenes in Kara's apartment 1. Kara, Alex and James AND Kara and Alex at the end., AFTER the action. It is the sister chemistry that will keep me watching this show, I know the action is going to be there, I want the cherry on top as well.

I felt the same way with Smallville.

I do not want, this show at least, to only be action. In this last episode, the two scenes that brought it home for me were the two scenes in Kara's apartment 1. Kara, Alex and James AND Kara and Alex at the end., AFTER the action. It is the sister chemistry that will keep me watching this show, I know the action is going to be there, I want the cherry on top as well.

I don't want all action either.

but, idk, there's something about this show that's starting to make me lose interest. and I really started to feel that way watching ep 3.

I felt the same way with Smallville.

at least Supergirl has Kara as Supergirl and fully embracing her powers, with cool flying scenes.

I don't want all action either.

but, idk, there's something about this show that's starting to make me lose interest. and I really started to feel that way watching ep 3.

at least Supergirl has Kara as Supergirl and fully embracing her powers, with cool flying scenes.

Well, to each his/her own I guess, because ep. 3 is my favorite of the first 3 episodes. :yay:

I wonder if they will postpone this ep.

It's possible but it is on Monday so I think they might not. Tbh I'm not in favour of doing things like that anyway. I think by delaying to shows/movies doesn't add anything to the situation in a way it only puts more focus on the terrorists. Just my two cents.

I wonder if they will postpone this ep.

It's possible, its one of those sticky things. They might if they have some special coverage going to happen at that time. But, to cancel it, and simply put in different programming I think would be a mistake.

It's possible, its one of those sticky things. They might if they have some special coverage going to happen at that time. But, to cancel it, and simply put in different programming I think would be a mistake.

Yeah that's spot on Kelly :up:

It's possible but it is on Monday so I think they might not. Tbh I'm not in favour of doing things like that anyway. I think by delaying to shows/movies doesn't add anything to the situation in a way it only puts more focus on the terrorists. Just my two cents.

I can see where you are coming from as there is a train of thought that it is giving the barbarians a win by changing things, I was just thinking it's very tricky for the networks in these situations.

It is very tricky, but I guess they are going on with regular programming since they are still advertising that episode for Monday. If it were the same style bombing, on a train, etc...then I could see them changing the programming. But, its not, so I don't see them moving any programming because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"