Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Ep22 "Nevertheless, She Persisted" - SEASON FINALE; MAJOR SPOILERS

She's been trained by the best as well....and trained specifically to use the other person's strengths against them. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. :sly:

Experience gazumps training every time. You can train train for years for something but still drop the ball wheni it comes to actually doing something for real.

Kara isn't inexperienced but compared to Superman she is a toddler. Not to mention Supes has more yellow sun exposure.

He thought he was fighting Zod, but he wasn't. Which makes a big difference to the outcome of a fight, if he is using tactics that don't work against an entirely different opponent than he thinks he's fighting.

Because as far as he was concerned he was giving his all to finish Zod yet he still got beat. Sorry but what they did was bad writing. They'd have been better off having him mind controlled properly so he's not got all his senses.

The FOS scene after could have left it ambiguous as to whether he was weakened or not. They didn't have to do what they did and disrespect Superman.

Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON
Experience gazumps training every time. You can train train for years for something but still drop the ball wheni it comes to actually doing something for real.

Kara isn't inexperienced but compared to Superman she is a toddler. Not to mention Supes has more yellow sun exposure.
Astra, Non, Reactron, Livewire, Red Tornado, White Martians, Bizarro, Master Jailer, Indigo, K’Hund, Silver Banshee, Metallo, Scorch, Draaga, Parasite, Cyborg Hank, Dominators, Flash, Atom, Firestorm, Green Arrow, White Canary, Maaldorians, Daxamites.

Zod, Metallo jr. ????????

Astra, Non, Reactron, Livewire, Red Tornado, White Martians, Bizarro, Master Jailer, Indigo, K’Hund, Silver Banshee, Metallo, Scorch, Draaga, Parasite, Cyborg Hank, Dominators, Flash, Atom, Firestorm, Green Arrow, White Canary, Maaldorians, Daxamites.

If Kara has fought that many in just 2 years, imagine how many Superman has fought in a decade or more? Again their experience isn't comparable.

I don't actually have a problem with Kara winning. It was just a poor way of doing it that annoys people.

If Kara has fought that many in just 2 years, imagine how many Superman has fought in a decade or more? Again their experience isn't comparable.

I don't have to imagine. I saw what Supergirl is capable of. Supergirl fights villains for a living. She is a paid professional working for an federal agency whose whole reason for being is to combat alien threats. With Superman it's just a hobby.

I don't actually have a problem with Kara winning. It was just a poor way of doing it that annoys people.
So only white heterosexual males can be allowed to thrive on TV, movies, and books, with complex, varied, multi-faceted characters. Anything else is just PC propaganda?

I don't have to imagine. I saw what Supergirl is capable of. Supergirl fights villains for a living. She is a paid professional working for an federal agency whose whole reason for being is to combat alien threats. With Superman it's just a hobby.

With Superman it's a hobby? Come on, it's more than that and you know it. Superman also fights villains every week. Even going to the likes of Warworld and fighting there. Supergirl is very capable, but 2 years ago she wasn't using her powers at all. To the point she makes mention that she almost forgot how to fly.

Superman has been doing this stuff for over a decade.

So only white heterosexual males can be allowed to thrive on TV, movies, and books, with complex, varied, multi-faceted characters. Anything else is just PC propaganda?

How did you come to that conclusion from me literally saying "I don't mind Kara winning...?" Take a chill pill.

Superman has also fought Mongul and most likely Draxa given the mention of Wars World that we know of in this world. How do you expect us to know who he's fought in his time on Earth? All we know is he's been doing it about a decade longer than Kara therefore he will clearly have more experience.

Because as far as he was concerned he was giving his all to finish Zod yet he still got beat. Sorry but what they did was bad writing. They'd have been better off having him mind controlled properly so he's not got all his senses.

The FOS scene after could have left it ambiguous as to whether he was weakened or not. They didn't have to do what they did and disrespect Superman.

Silver kryptonite. It effected his mind, making him see things that were not there. We can easily assume that it was doing other 'stuff' to him as well.

But it is what it is. She won and Supes says he was at full power.

We can either agree that they are equally powerful and she got in the last good hit before they BOTH collapsed, as how it certainly looked in the fight sequence... Or continue the round-a-bout trying to pull it apart and take all the fun out of the show.

Silver kryptonite. It effected his mind, making him see things that were not there. We can easily assume that it was doing other 'stuff' to him as well.

But it is what it is. She won and Supes says he was at full power.

We can either agree that they are equally powerful and she got in the last good hit before they BOTH collapsed, as how it certainly looked in the fight sequence... Or continue the round-a-bout trying to pull it apart and take all the fun out of the show.

Again I don't mind her beating him, I mean the way they did it could have been done better. But still the way they did it on another day Superman could easily have gotten that final punch but that dialogue after. They could have had it be ambigious, he could have said he doesn't know if it did and then leave it at that.

Again I don't mind her beating him, I mean the way they did it could have been done better. But still the way they did it on another day Superman could easily have gotten that final punch but that dialogue after. They could have had it be ambigious, he could have said he doesn't know if it did and then leave it at that.

This I agree with.....

I've just rewatched the finale for the first time since it aired.

Something occurred to me watching this time. When Clark awakens in the Fortress he asks Kara "what happened?". But then later he says he was at full strength when fighting her. But how does he know if he doesn't even know what happened? Or does he just mean how did he get knocked out? Cause he then says he thinks he was fighting Zod. More I see that line of "I was at full strength and you beat me". The more I roll my eyes they just really didn't need to even go there. The way it played out ambiguity would have been better. But...

How I think they should have done the fight

Now I've made my feelings known on the execution of Supergirl vs Superman many times along with the dialogue that followed. But I can't help thinking there were better ways to do it while also keeping up with the arc between Superman and Jonn in those first two episodes.

Now had Alex and the DEO intervened using Kryptonite. Ending the battle as a stalemate using Green K would have served a great purpose. It would have shown that Jonn had kept back at least one piece of Kryptonite and it would have shown Clark he was wrong to take away all the Kryptonite. Having Clark realise he was right to take it away from the DEO but that he should have also entrusted Jonn with it would have been a great end to that arc between the two. Even though Jonn had given Clark all the green K at the end of the second episode I still feel Clark needed to learn that you have to trust certain people with it as he could go bad due to different colours of Kryptonite any day.

You then could have followed this with Clark and Kara talking about how tough each other was and that Kara has to fight Rhea because this is her fight.

Final Thoughts

I will say this though, watching it this time it did seem to be over much quicker than I remembered and when Clark says to Mon El that Kara is the Champion of Earth and she just defeated him. It did feel more throwaway than I previously remembered. More like Rhea saw Kara beat him so she has to take the fight and be Earth's Champion.

That Superman vs Daxamite moment later is one of the best live action Superman moments of all-time IMO. So despite my thoughts on the fight and the way it played out rewatching this time I was able to enjoy the other Superman/Clark moments than on my initial viewing.

Last edited:
Yeah, Clark's comment about the Daxamite General "Well, he tried" was the Clark we knew and loved from episodes 1 & 2.

It's hard to predict what effects mixing different colors of kryptonite would be. Mixing green and silver could turn Clark into a gigantic werewolf. And I think having Lar-On on the show is best left to a separate episode.

Yeah, Clark's comment about the Daxamite General "Well, he tried" was the Clark we knew and loved from episodes 1 & 2.

It's hard to predict what effects mixing different colors of kryptonite would be. Mixing green and silver could turn Clark into a gigantic werewolf. And I think having Lar-On on the show is best left to a separate episode.

Now that would be hilarious :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"