Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 4- "How Does She Do It?" MAJOR SPOILERS

agreed, There making Maxwell Lord into Lex Luthor. Not a good plan

My problem is I just don't find him all that convincing as a super genius. Overall I don't like his acting. I think he's the weakest cast member so far. So having him be one of the main antagonists, it really sticks out how he doesn't deliver.

I love Man of Steel and is a great movie......BUT why oh why?????

Why Are the flying effects on this show a lot better than Zack Snyder's high budget movie?????!!!

Supergirl flying in this episode is so much more realistic than Superman's first flight in Man of Steel. Snyder's flying technology effect is on par with the flying effects of Donner's Superman. WTH!!!

Why Are the flying effects on this show a lot better than Zack Snyder's high budget movie?????!!!

Supergirl flying in this episode is so much more realistic than Superman's first flight in Man of Steel. Snyder's flying technology effect is on par with the flying effects of Donner's Superman. WTH!!!

Snyder went with the shaky cam and blurry approach. I have no idea the reason behind it. Perhaps to emphasize how unsteady Kal El was during his first flight?

Snyder went with the shaky cam and blurry approach. I have no idea the reason behind it. Perhaps to emphasize how unsteady Kal El was during his first flight?

MOS used a lot of “hand-held” camera work. But I’d distinguish that from the more extreme and conspicuous “shaky cam” (of the sort that, say, Greengrass used in the Bourne movies). In any case, such “raw” techniques (including rapid zooms, lens flares, on-screen focus corrections, etc.) supposedly impart a “documentary” (i.e., real, authentic) aesthetic.

I really liked this episode, it was good to see Kara come up against an intelligent human rather than an alien or meta human. It was a nice change of pace.

And of cours, more of HH revealing himself. He is obviously not a villain yet but something is obviously going to turn him at some point and I am wondering what as his family have already passed.

Everyone, give it up for Keira Danvers!

Holy Exaggeration, Batman!

SG's effects are impressive, but I wouldn't say they're better than MOS'.

Flying effects looked best in this episode ! Better than MOS flying effects as someone has said.

No they're not, not even close. SG's flying effects are quite good to be sure, especially in a TV show budget. But better than MOS's, Hell no.

My problem is I just don't find him all that convincing as a super genius. Overall I don't like his acting. I think he's the weakest cast member so far. So having him be one of the main antagonists, it really sticks out how he doesn't deliver.

I actually really like him, and I completely buy it.

I actually really like him, and I completely buy it.

I agree, the last scene in "How Does She Do It?" is to date one of my favorite scenes in the series.

Yeah...no.

Just no.

Supergirl has some nice flying effects for TV. MOS's blows them away. This show simply doesn't have that kind of budget/time to render.

The final scene between Supergirl and Lord reminded me of the scene in Superman: TAS where Superman and Luthor first meet.

I am giving this episode a very solid 9, it was the best episode yet (although I am still to watch 'Livewire' as I wanted to watch the episodes in the intended order).

I just loved everything about it, Kara's super saves in this one were fantastic and the whole drone idea is straight out if the Byrne era Superman comics when Lex was using drones to scan Superman.

The key thing for me about the show is it now feels like it has a definite sense of direction:
- We have the Henshaw mystery, I love that they're giving is little teases and I like that Kara saw his eyes but of course thought she was hallucinating. I reckon that will come up later when they finally discover the truth. The big question though, is he good or bad? Could be an interesting twist on a comics character.
- Maxwell Lord finally showing some if his true self, this was my favourite thing about the show. Peter Facinelli is so good on the show, he is definitely the Lutjor of this story although I hope with a comic book twist
as comic readers know he has mind controlling abilities. I actually wondered if he was using them on Alex as she seemed attracted to him

The only negative for me was the James-Lucy stuff, felt kind of forced to me and predictable. Obviously they just want to keep James from been single so they can explore other options with Kara, which is fine I suppose.

I didn't expect to enjoy the Kara-Carter subplot at all but I did and Zi liked where that went. Especially as we saw a different side to Cat.

Lastly on a final note of praise the FX on this show continue to impress me.

Last edited:
The final scene between Supergirl and Lord reminded me of the scene in Superman: TAS where Superman and Luthor first meet.

Yeah, I think it was an intentional homage to that classic scene.

Oh I definitely think that it was an intentional homage as well. If not to that, then to the Superman/Lex first confrontation in Lois & Clark.

Yeah, I think it was an intentional homage to that classic scene.

Yes I thought that right away and I as thrilled. Also that scene was actually done on Lou's & Clark first so it may have possibly been more of an homage to that.

I am giving this episode a very solid 9, it was the best episode yet (although I am still to watch 'Livewire' as I wanted to watch the episodes in the intended order).

I just loved everything about it, Kara's super saves in this one were fantastic and the whole drone idea is straight out if the Byrne era Superman comics when Lex was using drones to scan Superman.

The key thing for me about the show is it now feels like it has a definite sense of direction:
- We have the Henshaw mystery, I love that they're giving is little teases and I like that Kara saw his eyes but of course thought she was hallucinating. I reckon that will come up later when they finally discover the truth. The big question though, is he good or bad? Could be an interesting twist on a comics character.
- Maxwell Lord finally showing some if his true self, this was my favourite thing about the show. Peter Facinelli is so good on the show, he is definitely the Lutjor of this story although I hope with a comic book twist
as comic readers know he has mind controlling abilities. I actually wondered if he was using them on Alex as she seemed attracted to him

The only negative for me was the James-Lucy stuff, felt kind of forced to me and predictable. Obviously they just want to keep James from been single so they can explore other options with Kara, which is fine I suppose.

I didn't expect to enjoy the Kara-Carter subplot at all but I did and Zi liked where that went. Especially as we saw a different side to Cat.

Lastly on a final note of praise the FX on this show continue to impress me.

Well said. I'd like to co-sign this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"