• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Infinity War TV spot is so good.

Superman: The Movie, Batman, The Dark Knight Trilogy and Wonder Woman say "hi."

And I don't think these Infinity War posters are that impressive, tbh. Still pretty generic. Ragnarok's were better.

Yeah I’m really not blown away by any of the IW posters TBH. Good but not great like the Ragnarok posters.

Man, what is it with everyone crapping on the IW posters? The level of complexity involved with having to put together a balanced design with so many characters is insane.

MoS and BvS posters are carefully framed. And?

I have no real love for any of these posters, I like how they look, but I just couldn't care about posters.
Maybe that I don't like hanging posters on my wall influenced my attribute.

So what’s the general consensus on Krypton so far? I’m going to try and start it tonight if possible.

Man, what is it with everyone crapping on the IW posters? The level of complexity involved with having to put together a balanced design with so many characters is insane.

I think they’re pretty good, but only so. I’m probably going to buy one to hang on my wall but I’ve actually been more impressed by a few of the posters for the previous three Marvel movies.

So what’s the general consensus on Krypton so far? I’m going to try and start it tonight if possible.

It's okay. Some of the characters get better after the pilot, though Lyta Zod is the real standout.

With all that money the MCU films are raking in, Marvel and Disney can afford to hire better graphic artists to do their posters.

Look at Paul Shipper's work. His custom work for The Avengers, CA2, and Doctor Strange are far superior to the generic posters that are sent to most movie theaters for display. He even did one for MOS.

Heck, even Lionsgate does better poster artwork nowadays.

I mean, look at what they did with TLJ, that was some of the best poster work I have seen in ages.

I've loved the posters for BP, Ragnarok and IW. Big improvement on what we used to get.

With all that money the MCU films are raking in, Marvel and Disney can afford to hire better graphic artists to do their posters.

Look at Paul Shipper's work. His custom work for The Avengers, CA2, and Doctor Strange are far superior to the generic posters that are sent to most movie theaters for display. He even did one for MOS.

Heck, even Lionsgate does better poster artwork nowadays.

I don’t think some of you appreciate just how difficult a task it is to put a poster together with at least 2 dozen characters in it. The best artist on the pay roll is going to find that brief challenging due to its complexity. Even Paul Shipper probably would dread tackling it. When you look at the poster objectively it’s balance and leads the eye where it needs to which is what good composition does. They’ve had some horrendous posters but this is not one of them. You’re asking for way too much.

I don’t think some of you appreciate just how difficult a task it is to put a poster together with at least 2 dozen characters in it. The best artist on the pay roll is going to find that brief challenging due to its complexity. Even Paul Shipper probably would dread tackling it. When you look at the poster objectively it’s balance and leads the eye where it needs to which is what good composition does. They’ve had some horrendous posters but this is not one of them. You’re asking for way too much.

I agree that class photos are not that interesting. So don't put 24 characters on the poster. Here's the first google image link for "class photo", and it looks a lot like the poster for Infinity War:
otago119878.jpg

Did the posters for Superman The Movie, Batman Begins, and Man of Steel show the entire support casts? Because they had some impressive casts.

Here's the poster for The Last Jedi -- where's John Boyega? Where's Carrie Fischer?
sb_teaser2_1-sht_v3a_online_lg_44ecdb4e.jpeg

Similarly for the posters for War for the Planet of the Apes, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, etc. You don't need to show every single cast member on the poster.

What are they going to do for Avengers 5, by which time the roster will have expanded?

This?

otago652466.jpg

We're not asking for much. There are good posters being made, like The Last Jedi, The Apes movies, and the Dark Knight trilogy.

Are we really complaining that there are too many characters on the poster? One of the major selling points, if not the major selling point of Infinity War is that nearly every major character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is together in one film for the first time (and possibly last for some of them). Did you really think Marvel wasn't going to go all out and exploit that in marketing this? What were you expecting, a poster with just six or seven characters on it? With a cast this size?

Are we really complaining that there are too many characters on the poster? One of the major selling points, if not the major selling point of Infinity War is that nearly every major character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is together in one film for the first time (and possibly last for some of them). Did you really think Marvel wasn't going to go all out and exploit that in marketing this? What were you expecting, a poster with just six or seven characters on it? With a cast this size?

Exactly this. I'm not a huge fan of the posters but Marvel definitely knows what they are selling with these.

Exactly this. I'm not a huge fan of the posters but Marvel definitely knows what they are selling with these.

It might work better if they weren't doing the army of floating heads thing for every movie. It's generic, not special.

I agree that class photos are not that interesting. So don't put 24 characters on the poster. Here's the first google image link for "class photo", and it looks a lot like the poster for Infinity War:
otago119878.jpg

Did the posters for Superman The Movie, Batman Begins, and Man of Steel show the entire support casts? Because they had some impressive casts.

Here's the poster for The Last Jedi -- where's John Boyega? Where's Carrie Fischer?

Similarly for the posters for War for the Planet of the Apes, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, etc. You don't need to show every single cast member on the poster.

What are they going to do for Avengers 5, by which time the roster will have expanded?

This?

otago652466.jpg

We're not asking for much. There are good posters being made, like The Last Jedi, The Apes movies, and the Dark Knight trilogy.

And it is a good poster. It's a classic pyramid shaped composition that is found in numerous artworks that has a hierarchal character structure and contrasting colour scheme. Let's be honest though, Infinity War isn't even remotely comparable to any of those films, so to compare the poster of a film featuring nearly 2 dozen supporting character to films that have less than half that number is kinda ridiculous. There's only so many ways you can fit that many characters on a 24 x 36 canvas and have it all be balanced. Spider-Man Homecoming, Ant Man, first Avengers film, Iron Man 2, terrible posters. You are asking for a lot in this instance however, you're not taking into account the unique nature of this film and just how complicated a task this actually is to design. This stuff isn't as easy as you might think it is.

otago119878.jpg

This?

otago652466.jpg

Dark Knight trilogy posters are pretty bland, unremarkable, and unmemorable.

plakat-the-dark-knight.jpg

Still the best teaser poster for any movie. One of my favorite posters of all time.

Complaining there are too many characters on a poster where one of the main draws is having all these characters in one film? People are seriously nitpicking. This film can't get here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"