Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally thought Routh was an excellent Clark & Superman, and in the film in general, I love the look & feel of the film but as a story, it's not true to the ideals of the character in it's central premise.

I would take MoS Superman any day of the week and twice on Sunday over SR Superman. To date, it's my least favorite Superman film. Hands down, no exception. Others may be cheaper and worse on a production level, but SR is criminally boring, pretentious, and just unpleasant.

I can 'take' SR's story structure, of the events that it rolls out, but the fact that Superman would never stay away for 5 years and leave Earth vulnerable, instantly makes the film moot in what it has to say or stand for.

Personally I am someone who loved SR, MOS and BvS UE. I also loved Routh in the role.

Come at me

Last edited:
I would take MoS Superman any day of the week and twice on Sunday over SR Superman. To date, it's my least favorite Superman film. Hands down, no exception. Others may be cheaper and worse on a production level, but SR is criminally boring, pretentious, and just unpleasant.

This. Routh had no personality and barely any lines. People have said the same about Cavill, but at least he can crack a facial expression once in a while and didn't look like he was stuffed into a full body condom.

...and I liked the SR costume too, I call Superman Bingo 'house'.

This. Routh had no personality and barely any lines. People have said the same about Cavill, but at least he can crack a facial expression once in a while and didn't look like he was stuffed into a full body condom.
I disagree. I think the performance was stiff, yes, but it had more of a person in there than Henry Cavill's, though that person was Christopher Reeve and it wasn't drastically original.

Superman Returns over Man Of Steel any day. There's something much better than both possible though.

I can 'take' SR's story structure, of the events that it rolls out, but the fact that Superman would never stay away for 5 years and leave Earth vulnerable, instantly makes the film moot in what it has to say or stand for.

Apparently there was also a scene in the script of Superman visiting Ground Zero and pretty much blaming himself for it since he was gone when it happened.

Singer brings it up at the end of this interview:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/29/AR2006062900799.html

That would have been such a slap in the face were it included.

I disagree. I think the performance was stiff, yes, but it had more of a person in there than Henry Cavill's, though that person was Christopher Reeve and it wasn't drastically original.

just the one line "Statistically speaking, air travel is still the safest way to travel" and it's delivery is miles better than anything we got from Cavill to date.

What action? That's the problem!

All Superman did that whole movie was play catch. He catches the plane, he catches Parker Posey's out of control car and he catches the Daily Planet globe. He never even throws a punch. The most exciting part of that whole goddamn movie is the opening credits. :o

[YT]irfyjjNxaYs[/YT]

Superman Returns over Man Of Steel any day. There's something much better than both possible though.

Yep.

But I think Routh is underrated as Superman. And I’m not just saying that because he went on to play Ray Palmer.

I loved Routh as Clark, his Superman wasn’t too shabby.

I don’t mind Superman Returns that’s much. Not great, but it isn’t terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"