Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
As intrigued as I am by Wonder Woman 1984, I'm not crazy about the title nor the apparent return of Steve Trevor.

Don’t mind the title; don’t like that Trevor is back.

That’s going to undermine the death then. This is why I don’t like major character deaths in ongoing CB franchises. If it’s a good character there’s too much temptation to bring them back like the comics do.

I hope that is just a rumor. I would really hate it if they undid Trevor's death.

Him being back is not a rumor. It's confirmed by Patty herself, and there's literally video of them filming. The question is just how and in what capacity he's back.

I've heard rumor that he is supposed to be a son/grandson? I didn't think Steve had any kids so maybe great nephew?

I loved Pine in the first movie, but yeah I can't say I'm happy about his return if it is indeed the same Trevor that died. Would completely undermine the ending of that movie. A relative? Eh, depends on how they handle it. Can't say I'm a fan of that idea. Just feels kind of corny as an excuse to bring him back.

Also can't say I'm crazy about the title. Always found it weird when the number in the title doesn't match the sequel designation. Bothered me slightly with Blade Runner 2049, but this feels different because it's very clearly inspired by the book 1984, so I'll never want to abbreviate WW2 as such.

I loved Pine in the first movie, but yeah I can't say I'm happy about his return if it is indeed the same Trevor that died. Would completely undermine the ending of that movie. A relative? Eh, depends on how they handle it. Can't say I'm a fan of that idea. Just feels kind of corny as an excuse to bring him back.

Also can't say I'm crazy about the title. Always found it weird when the number in the title doesn't match the sequel designation. Bothered me slightly with Blade Runner 2049, but this feels different because it's very clearly inspired by the book 1984, so I'll never want to abbreviate WW2 as such.
I too was looking forward to World War II.

I too was looking forward to World War II.

lol was considering typing out "Wonder Woman 2" simply because of the World War II abbreviation, but decided not to since I feel like most people use the double I instead of an actual 2.

As intrigued as I am by Wonder Woman 1984, I'm not crazy about the title nor the apparent return of Steve Trevor.

The title is one of the best things about it... assuming they stick to their guns and make an Orwellian movie, or a movie about Diana stopping an Orwellian like threat. Maybe an old balding would-be Big Brother with a comb over? I dunno. ;)

I hope that is just a rumor. I would really hate it if they undid Trevor's death.

I personally still think this is trickery. Like Hades or another supernatural spirit that is either literally summoning Steve's ghost or pretending to be him to mess with Diana.

It would be so lame if he didn't die. And even worse if he was a Russian spy and they rip off Winter Soldier. I feel like Patty is cognizant of that. Plus I think if he was getting a "Bucky" like resurrection, they wouldn't make that the first set photo. Save it for a trailer. I think this is a case of misdirection.

I have to believe it's some type of illusion, because I could never watch the first film again knowing he ends up alive in the sequel. The emotional arc of that movie is that relationship and his loss had a huge impact on Diana as a character. To take that away from the first film is to me unforgivable from a creative perspective. And this is why I have to have faith that Patty isn't going to do this, because I can't see how any skilled creative person could ever see this as being a good idea.

Let's not forget we're dealing with a world based around gods and magic. My guess is he's resurrected temporarily for some specific purpose, or a god/mystical character inhabiting Steve's form. Patty would never retcon his sacrifice from the first movie, imo. If anything, this will build on that sacrifice to test Diana in some way.

It just infuriates me at the prospects because it means nothing in these stories matters. I want stories to matter, I want sacrifices to be made, I wan't lives to be put on the line, for there to be cuts and bruises because that's where heroism emerges from.

Yeah, his return is fascinating, if not really surprising in retrospect. How they do is going to be very important, but I'm willing to give Jenkins some trust.

Something that some people forget about Disney's initial offer is that it included them assuming nearly $14 billion of Fox's debt, which brings the total value of their offer to around $66 billion. Disney can assume that kind of debt and still keep a good investment rating but the same can't be said about Comcast.

Disney to buy 21st Century Fox assets in a deal worth more than $52 billion in stock

Disney Will Be Bloated With Debt After Buying Fox -- Disturbing Problem?

Comcast's Weakness in Its Hunt for Fox Assets: Big Debt

It just infuriates me at the prospects because it means nothing in these stories matters. I want stories to matter, I want sacrifices to be made, I wan't lives to be put on the line, for there to be cuts and bruises because that's where heroism emerges from.

Well, it seems it's kinda like the X-Men franchise at this point in terms of continuity and story for the DCEU (or whatever it's called). Writers and directors just choosing whatever aspects they want to continue, drop, and/or add.

Well, it seems it's kinda like the X-Men franchise at this point in terms of continuity and story for the DCEU (or whatever it's called). Writers and directors just choosing whatever aspects they want to continue, drop, and/or add.

Not even close. Even the soulless Justice League movie kept to continuity more than I expected after Whedon came on board.

His addition of "league of our own" is tbd, but look at all these villain movies supposedly in development.

This isn't a bad thing. I think there's a strong argument to be made for Logan being the best superhero movie of this decade, and it couldn't care less about continuity. Wonder Woman does not really line up that well with BvS. But if Jenkins' movie was forced to more mirror BvS' Diana, who would want a sequel?

Let's not forget we're dealing with a world based around gods and magic. My guess is he's resurrected temporarily for some specific purpose, or a god/mystical character inhabiting Steve's form. Patty would never retcon his sacrifice from the first movie, imo. If anything, this will build on that sacrifice to test Diana in some way.

Yep.

Magic, Greek gods, Aliens, metahumans and Witches are already established in the DCEU.

There are numerous ways Steve Trever could of came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"