Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Blake that bad? For me the chemistry between her and Ryan was the best thing in the movie.

But they probably wanted to do the scenes as fast as possible so they could spend some quality time together.

Chemistry was alright, it's her line delivery I was comparing to Larson from what I've seen thus far in CM.

But as I said I can only go off what I've seen, so until I see her in something where she grabs me then that's my thoughts on her as an actress.
And judging actors based on one sampling is never wise, imo. EVERY actor has duds in their resume, from Meryl Streep to Daniel Day-Lewis to Ingrid Bergman.

Chemistry was alright, it's her line delivery I was comparing to Larson from what I've seen thus far in CM.

I felt like Sam Jackson was glad to be there, where it feels to me like she's collecting a pay cheque. Just the way it comes across to me from the trailers.

But I will see the movie at somepoint and if it's good and she's good I'll definitely say otherwise. I'm not willing the film to be bad at all, I just don't think it looks very good at all, infact it looks boring which is the worst sin a movie can make for me.

And judging actors based on one sampling is never wise, imo. EVERY actor has duds in their resume, from Meryl Streep to Daniel Day-Lewis to Ingrid Bergman.

I personally wouldn't say any of those 3 have duds but....okay.

I have no issues whatsoever with anyone not liking any certain actor or not enjoying a bit of a performance that's shown in a trailer. I am a bit curious as to how an actor looks glad to be somewhere in general though, as that has to be separate from what the role is. A director will generally tell an actor how he wants a role to be so even if someone is, say, robotic one really needs to know the context of the film to know whether it's intentional part of the role or a flaw in the performance.

So what's the criteria? I'm genuinely curious.

I felt like Sam Jackson was glad to be there, where it feels to me like she's collecting a pay cheque. Just the way it comes across to me from the trailers.

But I will see the movie at somepoint and if it's good and she's good I'll definitely say otherwise. I'm not willing the film to be bad at all, I just don't think it looks very good at all, infact it looks boring which is the worst sin a movie can make for me.

Eh... you do bring up some pretty good points. I mean... can Marvel strike lightning twice back to back year? I mean everyone really is anticipating Endgame... and the amount of exposure Black Panther got between the two film releases, Black Panther & A:Infinity War, last year was crazy fortunate for the superhero.

I mean if this works again with Captain Marvel... I dunno what else is there to doubt from the naysayers.

I thought Nic Cage's whole career was basically one big dud, SHOTS FIRED!!!

I have no issues whatsoever with anyone not liking any certain actor or not enjoying a bit of a performance that's shown in a trailer. I am a bit curious as to how an actor looks glad to be somewhere in general though, as that has to be separate from what the role is. A director will generally tell an actor how he wants a role to be so even if someone is, say, robotic one really needs to know the context of the film to know whether it's intentional part of the role or a flaw in the performance.

So what's the criteria? I'm genuinely curious.

I would say it depends on how 'fluid' the relationship between director and actor is. How much freedom or personal contribution does the director allow the performer, outside of what, as you say, they been instructed to give, their scope of interpretation as such.

Eh... you do bring up some pretty good points. I mean... can Marvel strike lightning twice back to back year? I mean everyone really is anticipating Endgame... and the amount of exposure Black Panther got between the two film releases, Black Panther & A:Infinity War, last year was crazy fortunate for the superhero.

I mean if this works again with Captain Marvel... I dunno what else is there to doubt from the naysayers.

Ive got to admit I want End Game next, that's all I'm focused on with the MCU. Infinity War was so ****ing amazing, I want the next Avengers so bad!

So from that POV Captain Marvel feels like a stop you have to make before you get to where you want to go. But even with all that, I then see the trailers, I'm bored, I don't care for Brie Larson. I'm even less jazzed about it. I'll be skipping it at the cinema for sure. Only way I'll see at the cinema it is if I get a free ticket somehow and end up having nothing else to do.

I'd I see it then on Sky TV and it's good I'll be glad it's good cause I don't want it to be bad.

Ive got to admit I want End Game next, that's all I'm focused on with the MCU. Infinity War was so ****ing amazing, I want the next Avengers so bad!

So from that POV Captain Marvel feels like a stop you have to make before you get to where you want to go. But even with all that, I then see the trailers, I'm bored, I don't care for Brie Larson. I'm even less jazzed about it. I'll be skipping it at the cinema for sure. Only way I'll see at the cinema it is if I get a free ticket somehow and end up having nothing else to do.

I'd I see it then on Sky TV and it's good I'll be glad it's good cause I don't want it to be bad.
Don't get me wrong... I do see inklings of Cavill/Snyder's Superman performance with Brie Larson in there... and honestly, how do you make Carol Danvers a character you own like Robert Downey Jr. with Iron Man or Ben Affleck as Batman? I mean it took Chris Evan What?--- one movie and a team-up to get going... it took Chris Hemsworth two movies and multiple appearances to really get a good feel for the character. It's not easy. Even Man of Steel, I got a vague sense of Superman in there as well... but it never really appeared to me to be the quintessential Superman. And Cavill's one charming-ass dude! Loved him in The Tudors!

Last edited:
I would say it depends on how 'fluid' the relationship between director and actor is. How much freedom or personal contribution does the director allow the performer, outside of what, as you say, they been instructed to give, their scope of interpretation as such.

Yes, of course there are certainly different shades of freedom for actors in different situations, but when you don't know the situation of a given role and make a statement like the one I asked about, then there has to be something pretty universal that shows it. I'm curious as to what that may be.

Personally, I got Superman vibes from Cavill from the very second he was screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"