Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLS did more long term damage but X-men Origins is the worst of the two movies, I think.

I mean, will it? It looks like it might outdo Ant Man and the Wasp by a bit once it's done. That's not exactly amazing by modern MCU standards. Sure, it's doing better than the films from 10 to 8 years ago, but let's not pretend those are similar movie environments. It's unquestionably successful, true. But it's not pulling Avengers numbers. It's low budget is definitely an added bonus.

The real question is whether or not the lack of quality within the film will catch up to it on a second viewing if the sequel is of similar or worse quality. That's when we'll see if it pulls a ASM2 or Transformers.

So now you have to make Avengers numbers to be considered properly succesful? Lol.

I get not liking the movie and feeling uneasy about what Sony might take away from it's success, but making $700+ million on a $100 million budget is nothing short of a big hit, especially in the face of bad reviews and fanboy apathy. Not sure how the sequel will fare, but this movie is a win for Sony.

So, is Tom Rothman now the studio's savior? Their upcoming slate of movies are predominantly franchises.

So now you have to make Avengers numbers to be considered properly succesful? Lol.

I get not liking the movie and feeling uneasy about what Sony might take away from it's success, but making $700+ million on a $100 million budget is nothing short of a big hit, especially in the face of bad reviews and fanboy apathy. Not sure how the sequel will fare, but this movie is a win for Sony.

Is it projected to make 200mil more before the end of its run? But yeah, this movie is definitely a win. If it does 7 it’ll be about on par with Marvel’s solo films for their less popular characters (Strange, Ant Man & the Wasp) which is still good, definitely. It’s a win for Sony no matter how you swing it. But it’s not recording breaking or even best of the year money. They’ve made money on a shaky foundation, and the sequel will be very telling for how people decide to respond.

Is it projected to make 200mil more before the end of its run? But yeah, this movie is definitely a win. If it does 7 it’ll be about on par with Marvel’s solo films for their less popular characters (Strange, Ant Man & the Wasp) which is still good, definitely. It’s a win for Sony no matter how you swing it. But it’s not recording breaking or even best of the year money. They’ve made money on a shaky foundation, and the sequel will be very telling for how people decide to respond.

It's about to do $100 million this weekend alone in China. Venom also had 2/3 the budget.

Yeah I fear Spider-man's time in the MCU is limited. I see one more solo movie beyond FFH at best. Which is a huge bummer considering how great Homecoming was. It'll be years, decades even, before Sony can crank out something half as good as that with the character.

Spider-man 4 by raimi with that de-aging tech

4 billion domestic

james cameron:
xmulu1f6urt11.jpg

It's about to do $100 million this weekend alone in China. Venom also had 2/3 the budget.
Yeah, it’s definitely a win for the studio. Like I said, the sequel will really tell us a lot. If they maintain similar quality, I’ll be very curious if it falls a lot or pulls a Transformers.

I do wonder who will be the first to have a de-aged/CGI protagonist. Seems like an inevitability, and we're inching ever closer (Captain Marvel coming soon). Christopher Reeve anyone?

The second GR film is completely unhinged, think Mandy for CBM's. The fact Cage is in both is no coincidence.

I do wonder who will be the first to have a de-aged/CGI protagonist. Seems like an inevitability, and we're inching ever closer (Captain Marvel coming soon). Christopher Reeve anyone?

I already thought it was sketchy putting Peter Cushing's likeness in Rogue One when he was deceased. If they build a movie around a CGI version of a deceased actor, I'm not having anything to do with it.

I don't expect Anthony Hopkins to appear in the miniseries. I was pleasently surprised that Waititi managed to get him back for Ragnarok.

I hope that the series is about his time on Sakaar before Thor arrived. That's a fun place and it's the last unseen part of Loki's life. That way the character could keep most of his development.
TBH I always felt like Hopkins was phoning in his performances in the Thor movies. He was never bad,but when you look at his performance in Westworld you can't help but wonder where is THAT Hopkins. His lack interest was most apparent in Ragnarok IMO. I felt he just wanted to get the paycheck and leave.

TBH I always felt like Hopkins was phoning in his performances in the Thor movies. He was never bad,but when you look at his performance in Westworld you can't help but wonder where is THAT Hopkins. His lack interest was most apparent in Ragnarok IMO. I felt he just wanted to get the paycheck and leave.
In all honesty, Hopkins in Westworld is probably the only performance of his in the past 15 years or so that WASN'T phoned in. He very much does stuff for the paycheck now, like Morgan Freeman or Ben Kingsley.

I’m sure this has already been posted, but...:funny:

I can think of a few; any time Paul W.S. Anderson is replaced, someone much worse brings in his/their stuff.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nonononononono.

Between him pretending to be Loki and then returning to play as Odin, he sure showed more range and engagement than you viewed.

I can think of a few; any time Paul W.S. Anderson is replaced, someone much worse brings in his/their stuff.

Between him pretending to be Loki and then returning to play as Odin, he sure showed more range and engagement than you viewed.
3P1U7hM.gif

Every other line he gave other than playing Loki is where my problem lies. His Loki performance was the most fun i've seen him had in a long time but that just makes the everything else look that more lazy. The whole thing about how Odin needs to die to let hela out just reeks of the writers trying to find way to get Hopkins out the franchise.

Every other line he gave other than playing Loki is where my problem lies. His Loki performance was the most fun i've seen him had in a long time but that just makes the everything else look that more lazy. The whole thing about how Odin needs to die to let hela out just reeks of the writers trying to find way to get Hopkins out the franchise.
Not just Odin, though. Thor no longer has a supporting cast beyond the Ragnarok allies we didn't see in IW.

I already thought it was sketchy putting Peter Cushing's likeness in Rogue One when he was deceased. If they build a movie around a CGI version of a deceased actor, I'm not having anything to do with it.

I agree, that was sketchy. But I would be fine with it if the actor gave permission and a list of rules for it while they lived.

I think Disney will at some point CGI Stan Lee for a cameo. I hope it'll happen with his blessing.

Not just Odin, though. Thor no longer has a supporting cast beyond the Ragnarok allies we didn't see in IW.
the other allies dying seemed like a creative decision by the Taika more than anything. They needed to be involved with the franchise more than Hopkins ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"