Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezra failed me. If this film never happens - it's for the better.

If they want to get anywhere with him, they need to completely revamp the adaptation. Maybe get back to the way he was in the very first JL teaser.
I wasn't Ezra's fault though. :csad: It was the direction he was given.

Gotham is so quirky and weird that I can't help but like it, even if it isn't exactly a good adaptation of the comics.
Same for me, plus I love that all the villains are out there in the background scheming and interacting with each other.

I did crunch the numbers. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts with 8 movies made more than the last 15 DC movies including TDK and the DCEU. I can see why a priority is put on Fantastic Beasts.

*15 may seem like an arbitrary number but it's 2004 and Catwoman which was WB's big reintroduction into the comic book movies since Batman and Robin.
Aren’t there 8 HP movies without FB? (the 7th was a 2 parter)

Will be interesting to see what ballpark this new set of films, Aquaman, Shazam and WW84 fall into, and also how they compare to the next FB.

Yeah it's 9 and just by shear numbers, after the next FB, theoretically, the combination of Aquaman and Shazam would push it past it but 17 movies versus 10 movies.

Same for me, plus I love that all the villains are out there in the background scheming and interacting with each other.

The villains make the show, for sure. Penguin is practically a villain protagonist as so much of the show revolves around him.

The villains make the show, for sure. Penguin is practically a villain protagonist as so much of the show revolves around him.
I’ve always wanted Penguin to get a good feature, and seeing the Arkham interpretation made me very happy. This one is completely off the wall and in many ways the heart of the show. But there are really a tonne of villains I like here and we don’t even in comics get to see them interacting like this every week.

Yeah it's 9 and just by shear numbers, after the next FB, theoretically, the combination of Aquaman and Shazam would push it past it but 17 movies versus 10 movies.
I suspect after FB runs its course (or maybe another 5 or so years after it does), there will be plans somewhere to reunite the HP cast into an older series. That thing would get over a billion with every film.

Or a different series.....they could also do the origins of Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin and Ravenclaw.

It’s funny how markedly different the HP franchise is fairing when compared to DC. Difference? Jo Rowling has complete creative control. No one has been in charge creatively at DC since they realised Snyder was a bit hopeless.

And there’s STILL no one creative voice in charge at DC who knows the product. Hamada had zero comic book characters experience from what I can tell.

The problem is, any creative person worth their salt, who would be suitable would probably push for a complete reboot of the whole thing, and WB refuse to do that, so...

I’m truly starting to believe that the only way we get a decent DC cinematic universe, would be if somebody else owned the IP.

I’m truly starting to believe that the only way we get a decent DC cinematic universe, would be if somebody else owned the IP.
Geoff Johns failed, and I was hoping to see him succeed as the KeFei equivalent for the DCEU.
I don't think the property moving to new hands would be the proper change necessary, but I do think they need to dig up someone of hidden knowledge of both film crafting and DC comic books lore.

Geoff Johns failed, and I was hoping to see him succeed as the KeFei equivalent for the DCEU.
I don't think the property moving to new hands would be the proper change necessary, but I do think they need to dig up someone of hidden knowledge of both film crafting and DC comic books lore.

Yeah, I don't think putting Geoff Johns in that position is a wise decision. Give him a script to write, sure. But the talents are very, very different. In many senses, you can't be a creative in that position.

Yeah, I don't think putting Geoff Johns in that position is a wise decision. Give him a script to write, sure. But the talents are very, very different. In many senses, you can't be a creative in that position.
Organisational ability and long term planning are more important than being creative in your own right, although an appreciation of what works creatively in this specific genre is important too. Feige has the right mix of the two.

Poor Barry. You're turning into the ugly redheaded stepchild of the DCEU. It's all that negative karma for trying to get rid of Wally from the nu52. :o

At least his movie is still a thing.

And the character can appreciate starring in a TV show.

Ezra better stay. I actually liked his Barally hybrid.

It's like the thing of switching War Machines. I wasn't heavily invested in Howard when Cheadle replaced him. I'm about as invested with Ezra as Flash. The actual only cool thing was ironically the Snyder scene in SS which conflicted with how Flash was portrayed as green in JL.

I deserve a bunch of geek points. These images are going on my windows:

upload_2018-10-17_17-33-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"