• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlett Johansson’s ‘Black Widow’ Lawsuit May Be Legally Weak – The Hollywood Reporter

Good article that does a really good job of explaining some of my issues with the complaint, with even more points.

Also, **** forced arbitration clauses.
People have been really underestimating Disney. All this talk of a breach of contract. They can't even sue on those grounds and they know it. Forced arbitration is clauses are BS, but if you sign them, you sign them.

She's even complaining that they waited nearly 15 months to release it, saying it wasn't long enough. This is just... really?

In her complaint, Johansson suggests that Disney decided to release this film when “it knew the theatrical market was ‘weak,’ rather than waiting a few months for that market to recover.”

But even if it’s true that Disney wanted to use Black Widow to prop up Disney+, remember that this was a movie that was originally set to be released in May 2020. Months? Disney already had delayed the release an entire year. And with the delta variant of COVID-19 causing concern throughout the world, there’s not much guarantee of an improved theatrical market in a few months. Also, there are a lot of delayed blockbusters being crowded for release later this year. Furthermore, look at this specific film. It’s part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and while fans understood it to be a prequel, it still makes sense that Disney wouldn’t want to wait too long after Avengers: Endgame to get it out. Not when the MCU is moving to its next stage and not when Black Widow introduces key new characters to the ongoing saga like Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh).

All this talk about what Johansson is owned. What about my bro, Leo? :o

New Shang-Chi poster:

E7jALCoXsAIEUd4

Ha, they even included Abomination in there. All 5 Hulk fans in the world take note.

Darn, guess we’re never getting that fourth Olympus sequel we were all wanting and asking for, after all.

I’m happy that Suicide Squad is getting good reviews and all, but to me it’s looking like the movie will be the opposite case to it’s predecessor; whereas the first movie had bad reviews but a good box office this one will have great reviews but a lackluster box office run. Of course, the inevitable weak box office returns this will get will largely be due to it being available on streaming and theaters at the same time, and oh yeah - there’s still a pandemic. Not to mention the fact that the movie doesn’t seem to get people excited as much as the original did. There’s simply not that oomph to its marketing at all, which, say what you will about the last movie, but you at least you have to admit it did have stellar marketing that got you excited about watching the movie. Though regardless of how well it does in theaters - I think this movie will do fairly well streaming wise.

That being said, when it’s all said and done, I do not expect a third Suicide Squad movie will happen. I think TSS will be the last Suicide Squad movie we’ll ever get. And quite frankly, I’m content with that. If I’m a director I’d much rather make a good movie that loses money than make a bad movie that’s a box office juggernaut. So it’ll be nice for the franchise to go out with a critical hit. Have TSS be the final movie and end the franchise on a creative high note…instead of a commercial one. Either way, I’m happy the film exists.

Last edited:
I don’t have much investment in the Batgirl movie, but damn these fans take the most minimal things and make it so overblown.

Clearly the woman can dye her hair red or wear a wig, then as far as her parents, obviously JK Simmons’ Gordon’s wife is a Latina.

People and their prejudiced asses are annoying.

It’s not the red hair that they hate. Like you said, she can just dye it, like most white girls who play red heads. It’s merely a red herring for something else.

It’s not the red hair that they hate. Like you said, she can just dye it, like most white girls who play red heads. It’s merely a red herring for something else.

I can't blame some fans are angry about a race swap even I could care less about Batgirl.
Im still angry they race swap Flash Thompson, the typical american high school bully, myself. I would feel the same about a white or latino Warmashine, Storm or Blade.

I can't blame some fans are angry about a race swap even I could care less about Batgirl.
Im still angry they race swap Flash Thompson, the typical american high school bully, myself. I would feel the same about a white or latino Warmashine, Storm or Blade.

You do understand that isn't the defense of your opinion that you think it is? Right?

Instead of Lois, they will cast her as Vixen, and make her Superman's new love interest. Then when people object, she will argue that if Superman can be black, Vixen can be white.
aZ191ym.gif

Quite Impressive. It’ll go down when more reviews get aggregated, of course, but still mighty impressive it’s this high. I say it bottoms out between the mid-to-low 90’s, high 80’s. Hopefully, the good buzz helps with the box office somewhat.

I just don’t have it within me to ever give James Gunn a compliment, but I’m glad the dramatic and comedic efforts of Margot Robbie, Idris and the gang are getting rave reviews.

So this may be the best DCEU movie to date?
Possibly the the best live action comic book film to date going by the aggregate metric. Black Panther has a 96% approval rating, but 8.3/10 score average. This one has a 7.9/10 so far.

I thought it was really good, though it's more in the 80's than 90's in my opinion. James Gunn's strongest film but I wouldn't put it above Nolan's trilogy.

Quite Impressive. It’ll go down when more reviews get aggregated, of course, but still mighty impressive it’s this high. I say it bottoms out between the mid-to-low 90’s, high 80’s. Hopefully, the good buzz helps with the box office somewhat.

@Snow Queen it looks like that James Gunn influenced Harley movie will happen soon. :o

I’m happy that Suicide Squad is getting good reviews and all, but to me it’s looking like the movie will be the opposite case to it’s predecessor; whereas the first movie had bad reviews but a good box office this one will have great reviews but a lackluster box office run. Of course, the inevitable weak box office returns this will get will largely be due to it being available on streaming and theaters at the same time, and oh yeah - there’s still a pandemic. Not to mention the fact that the movie doesn’t seem to get people excited as much as the original did. There’s simply not that oomph to its marketing at all, which, say what you will about the last movie, but you at least you have to admit it did have stellar marketing that got you excited about watching the movie. Though regardless of how well it does in theaters - I think this movie will do fairly well streaming wise.

That being said, when it’s all said and done, I do not expect a third Suicide Squad movie will happen. I think TSS will be the last Suicide Squad movie we’ll ever get. And quite frankly, I’m content with that. If I’m a director I’d much rather make a good movie that loses money than make a bad movie that’s a box office juggernaut. So it’ll be nice for the franchise to go out with a critical hit. Have TSS be the final movie and end the franchise on a creative high note…instead of a commercial one. Either way, I’m happy the film exists.
Dune has more views on the main WB channel than JGSS. Bizarre.

Yeah. I've been into geek fandoms since my middle school years. I fully believe there are people who legitimately are just anal about sticking to the source material. But the negative responses I see are overwhelmingly thinly veiled dogwhistles for something more sinister. Discussions about it usually start with "redhead erasure!" before going into low key Stormfront style Great Replacement conspiracy nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"