• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be more Ally McBeal then I realized. :o

Nothing about the trailers made me think that we were in for Daredevil in terms of the courtroom scenes, so I'm not really surprised. But damn, does it sound hilarious.

I mean, based on that quote, we would be lucky to get Ally McBeal. I suspect we get all of one court room scene, the one we've seen in the trailers.

7e6f532acaeef825eb10acf8136c1dea957beb39.gifv

I've been fascinated to know on if the eyeballs completely popping out of his head was going to happen but that was the straw the MPAA finally stepped in and pulled back on:hehe:

The one-two punch of "I can't write courtroom scenes" and "execs made us edit down the amount of She-Hulk" is a trip. I mean, probably better there's less of her and more of Tatiana Maslany getting to act without the PS3 character on top of her. Guess it's easier to do that than to pay VFX artists and give them adequate time. :o

The one-two punch of "I can't write courtroom scenes" and "execs made us edit down the amount of She-Hulk" is a trip. I mean, probably better there's less of her and more of Tatiana Maslany getting to act without the PS3 character on top of her. Guess it's easier to do that than to pay VFX artists and give them adequate time. :o
You trying to gaslight me, that last thing isn't a real thing. Marvel would never, and if that were a thing it'd be on the VFX houses for not paying their workers properly :o

Last edited:
Seen it five times myself. Loved it each time. :highfive:

I'm about to blow your mind. Different people, have different opinions.

7e6f532acaeef825eb10acf8136c1dea957beb39.gifv

:wowe:. Raimi makes a huge difference to the movie for me. And I love how dark it can get. Especially with Wanda. She is scary AF in that Illuminati battle and the aftermath.

Its okay for people to like movies that you don't. It isn't a personal attack.
You know that in this world, people have different opinions than you, right? You are allowed to hate the movie, but other people are free to enjoy it.
I'm about to blow your mind. Different people, have different opinions.
I didn't say they didn't. My comment didn't speak against the person for their liking of it. It doesn't change what I think and that I chose to put out an opposing stance to a comment that I wasn't for.
If its because he's being an anti vaxxer, **** him.
That's not a justified reaction.

Explain. Anti-vax people are why once thought exist illnesses are making a comeback. Why a pandemic was stretched far beyond it's breaking point and the mountain of death increased. And for what, unproven conspiracy?

This is how many lives could have been saved with COVID vaccinations in each state

So why is telling one to **** off, somehow unjustified?

This. Unless you have a legitimate, medical reason for not getting vaccinated, I don’t have any patience for you. “**** off,” indeed.

I opened up Disney+ just now fully expecting She-Hulk to be on there and I see that they've shifted the release schedule for that to Thursdays. I must've missed that memo but I guess they learned from Obi-Wan and Ms. Marvel dropping on the same day since Andor will be coming up and that's sticking to Wednesdays.

Yeah, they announced that like 2 weeks ago.

Suits me. I like having more people watching and talking about the same thing.

:wowe:. Raimi makes a huge difference to the movie for me. And I love how dark it can get. Especially with Wanda. She is scary AF in that Illuminati battle and the aftermath.
I would have massively preferred if she wasn't the villain in this, but she did play the villain very well. I'd wanted her to ally with and learn from Kamar Taj and develop additional skills for her arsenal, and then help them fight off a big Strange villain. Could have had some junior students like Magik too. I enjoy the film a lot as a standalone, it just wasn't what I was looking for re the MCU's future and progression with SW actually killing a bunch of innocents. Definitely want to see a Raimi MCU film where he gets the keys from the beginning and can fully leave his stamp on it, developing everything from the ground up rather than taking on a project halfway through.

I would have massively preferred if she wasn't the villain in this, but she did play the villain very well. I'd wanted her to ally with and learn from Kamar Taj and develop additional skills for her arsenal, and then help them fight off a big Strange villain. Could have had some junior students like Magik too. I enjoy the film a lot as a standalone, it just wasn't what I was looking for re the MCU's future and progression with SW actually killing a bunch of innocents. Definitely want to see a Raimi MCU film where he gets the keys from the beginning and can fully leave his stamp on it, developing everything from the ground up rather than taking on a project halfway through.

I get what you mean as before seeing the movie I hated the idea of Wanda being the villain. But once I saw the execution and how far they actually went with it I loved it.

Agree on Raimi building it up from the start. I think Wanda might get her redemption also hopefully helping defeat Dormammu as that's where Strange and Clea looked like they were going in the mid credits scene.

My only issue with Scarlet Witch as the villain was, I'd have liked to have seen just one or two more glimpses of Wanda struggling with it, having some look flash on her face of realization that the Darkhold was affecting her. That could've gone a long way towards making her less maniacally e-ville

I get what you mean as before seeing the movie I hated the idea of Wanda being the villain. But once I saw the execution and how far they actually went with it I loved it.

Agree on Raimi building it up from the start. I think Wanda might get her redemption also hopefully helping defeat Dormammu as that's where Strange and Clea looked like they were going in the mid credits scene.
I really love the execution, seems like I enjoy the film a fair bit more than most, just not sure I like where things are by the end of the film. The redemption is going to be a lot harder IMO with those kills of innocents but we'll see what they can do. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Charlize Clea team up with Strange and I'd want SW to somehow be an ally again and help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"