Entertainment Weekly's 20 Worst Comic Book Movies Ever..

wow, I thought Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, and The Punisher weren't that bad. They were decent. I enjoyed them for what they were.

Any list that has the Punisher on it loses all credibility.

How dare they put The Shadow on there. That movie is awesome.​

The Punisher has no business being on that list. I don't really think Fantastic Four should be on there, either. But I'll agree with everything else, I guess.

The Return of Swamp thing needs to be on there. Now that movie is bad.

The Phantom and The Shadow? This list is ridiculous!

Those are great movies! Got it right on Ghost Rider though...

Daredevil? Really?! Sure, it was far from a great film, but I dont think it deserves to be in the bottom 20 comic book movies of all time...

I was also taken by surprise by what was said in Steel's page (btw, I totally agree that it is on the list, it was awful). They called the four Superman replacements a bunch of lame-ass posers. THat was kind of stupid, since all four were great and added the Superman mythoogy. Get your s*** together, EW...

Phantom? Shadow? These people dont like pulp fiction. Surprised they didnt add Rocketeer which was made ina very similar vain

Never knew Brenda Starr had a movie

THe Punisher, DD, and FF arnt good movies but they are certainly fun (at least). And Chiklis isnt overrated or bland.

If you look to the left you'll also see they think Jude Law has 17 memorable roles. Now he is bland and overrated.

After looking at the list, I could really pull a better bottom 20 list out of my ass...

I liked the majority of the movies on that list. :huh:
Granted a good amount of them are good to me based on entertainment only, and not adaptation.

Shadow and Phantom were bombs and were not that good. I mean I find Shadow to be a guilty pleasure as well, but I'm not getting all offended its on a 20 worst list.

Punisher had a decent performance by Thomas Jane but it was dumb as ****. They messed it up big time. It not being strong enough is what hurt it becoming a better franchise.

Note that the list was compiled from different writers. And at least they noted things they did like about certain movies.

I think the list is decently made,gotta remember its their opinion. Whether I agree or disagree with what movies are on that list,its just something they came up with..
I like DD,and personally think its a decent movie,howerver; looking at it objectivaly its not the greatest comic movie out there..I also liked Swamp Thing,thought it was good,when it came out,but now I would'nt watch it..
Some of those movies I never knew were made or even comic movies. So,it was interesting to see some of those movies..

"Catwoman" is NOT a comic book movie. THe only Marvel film on the list that I feel belongs there is "Howard The Duck"; I pretty much agree with everything else.

Keep in mind guys...the comic book genre is fairly new. Prior to Blade, you only had about 2 or 3 comic films per decade (if you don't count the Batman and Superman sequels) so the choices are slim to begin with. So even if the movie wasn't atrocious, just mediocre (like Daredevil, though the directors cut is actually good if you fast forward the playground fight)...that could still qualify it as one of the worst comic movies. Oh, and yeah, Fantastic Four IS atrocious.

X3 should be on that list IMO, were as The Punisher and Daredevil shouldnt, and Blade:Trinity should be on there ahead of Ghost Rider IMO.

Everything is ahead of Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider was number 20.

So, at No 1 in the list, Ghost Rider is the worst of the worst?

And Judge Dredd the least bad? :wow:

As Matt says, there aren't that many to choose from so the 'okay' have ended up on there among the crap.

The Punisher should be higher on that list, it's a God awful movie. I pretty much agree with all the other movies being on the list, maybe with the exception of Daredevil.

On the majority of them they are right, but DD, Punisher, Phantom, and The Shadow shouldn't be in that list.

i dont think it was necessary for them to group DD and elecktra together

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"