Entertainment Weekly's 20 Worst Comic Book Movies Ever..

Daredevil, Swamp Thing and Ghost Rider do not belong on any Worst comic book Movie list. This is especally true of Swamp Thing, which is a goofy, over the top campy horror comic film that has an EEEEEEEEEEvil villin in Louis Jordan, a great Swamp Thing in Dick Durok (DD also was Imperious Leader In Glen A Larson's Battlestar Galactica.) and a tough and pretty female lead in Adrienne Barbeau. I have the uncut Swamp Thing after the dvd accidently included it in it's first dvd release.

Daredevil, Swamp Thing and Ghost Rider do not belong on any Worst comic book Movie list. This is especally true of Swamp Thing, which is a goofy, over the top campy horror comic film that has an EEEEEEEEEEvil villin in Louis Jordan, a great Swamp Thing in Dick Durok (DD also was Imperious Leader In Glen A Larson's Battlestar Galactica.) and a tough and pretty female lead in Adrienne Barbeau. I have the uncut Swamp Thing after the dvd accidently included it in it's first dvd release.

I didn't think the tone of Swamp Thing was campy. The sequel yes, but not Wes Craven. You know, Swamp Thing could've been an almost perfect adaptation if Dick Durock would've worn a suit of the same quality and impressive look as the one he wore in the sequel and the tv show as opposed to the underwhelming cheap suit he wore for the first. According to Ray Wise(Alec Holland), the suit would easily rip apart at times and they would try and put it together again with Elmer's Glue.
SwampThing1.jpg

SwampThing2.jpg

It also would've been great if the creature that Arcane turned into looked more like the way he did in the last Wein/Wrightson issue rather than that not so scary boar-like thing.
swampmonsters.jpg

arcane.jpg

Louis Jordan was over the top in the infamous sequel, but in the Wes Craven film I thought he was convincingly evil in a subtle way.

I like Brenda Starr, I thought it was a funny movie. I watched Steel the other day on TV it's biggest weakness was Shaq. I agree the Shadow and Phantom don't deserve to be on the list. I love the Daredevil directors cut but it's the theatrical cut that's on the list so i can let that pass however Batman Forever, Superman 3 should have been on the list.

Can't trust this list. It doesn't have Captain America or Nick Fury (havent seen the later, going by what I heard).

Maybe it's only be going by theatrical releases...?

I'm sure we could dig up a better list.

I don't agree with Fantastic Four , Punisher , Daredevil an ghost rider being in a worst list They do have some good moments.

There is no Fantastic Four 3 according to Chris Evans

The Punisher has no business being on that list. I don't really think Fantastic Four should be on there, either. But I'll agree with everything else, I guess.

I feel the same. Those two films weren't terrific by any means..but on a 20 worst list? No way!

Punisher on the list immediately deems it null and void. The absence of X3,Blade: Trinity and Spider-Man 3 in comparison doesn't help either.

It's an EW list so ofcourse I have problems. I'd put Superman Returns, Batman returns and Hulk on that list too. I'd take out Fantastic Four, it's not a great movie but it's decent enough.

It's an EW list so ofcourse I have problems. I'd put Superman Returns, Batman returns and Hulk on that list too. I'd take out Fantastic Four, it's not a great movie but it's decent enough.

You can't be serious!!

Those movies as well as X3 and Spider-Man 3 aren't on the list because they recieved mixed to good reviews, they might not have been great but they're nowhere near worst imo whereas the likes of The Punisher and FF were universally panned so they fully deserve a place on the list!

^ No kidding. Batman and Superman Returns, as well as Hulk, have just as many redeeming qualities as the lackluster Fantastic Four.

^SR and Hulk are two of the best CB movies IMO. They should be in a top 20 list if anything.

How did the 2004 Punisher get on the list and not the 89 Punisher? What the c**k is that s**t? Are they honestly saying they preffer Dolph Lundgrens balls to Thomas Jane being a bad ass?

You can't be serious!!

Those movies as well as X3 and Spider-Man 3 aren't on the list because they recieved mixed to good reviews, they might not have been great but they're nowhere near worst imo whereas the likes of The Punisher and FF were universally panned so they fully deserve a place on the list!

Punisher was not universally panned, other than the vocal minority who hated it because it was in Florida and they got rid of 'Nam, most fans of the character liked it...and I've met more people who like FF than who dont. It made enough money and was popular enough to warrant a sequel.

How could these guys put The Phantom on here? That movie is great, and very underrated, and I thought Daredevil and Punisher were Ok. But this list is a lil' off for me.

They're just picking and choosing random comic book based movies, that's all. You can't really make a lot of comic flicks and not have it come off being goofy, as the entire concept is goofy. It can be pulled off, but it's always been a fine line.

You can't be serious!!

Spidey3, maybe could be excused, but not X3.

BR and SR were better than both Fantastic Four movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"