SuperLounge & Clois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.

And it's been a while, Krypton Inc, C. Lee, ComicChick, Squeeknees(?), uh...Erz, Scholozzer(?). Think that's all I remember from ages ago.

Finally moving out of parents house next month, at 33, and leaving Eastern NC and moving to Ohio. Gonna live with my best friends/former coworkers. They moved last month and I got invited cause we're cool and had a extra room. So, probably be with them for a year or two and then go from there.

Back at Walmart and starting a transfer this week since I've been with them for 6 months. Job is alright, overnights is just demanding and understaffed. Not a huge fan of overnights, as I've been on overnights for most of the now 6 past years.

But I've missed you guys.

Got 6 boxes packed so far. Rest should be easy, just transfer job and the 10 hour drive. Let my car insurance I'm moving, etc.

Pleasant surprise to see you here and still hanging in there brotherman.

Keep punching.

Hello everybody.

And it's been a while, Krypton Inc, C. Lee, ComicChick, Squeeknees(?), uh...Erz, Scholozzer(?). Think that's all I remember from ages ago.

Finally moving out of parents house next month, at 33, and leaving Eastern NC and moving to Ohio. Gonna live with my best friends/former coworkers. They moved last month and I got invited cause we're cool and had a extra room. So, probably be with them for a year or two and then go from there.

Back at Walmart and starting a transfer this week since I've been with them for 6 months. Job is alright, overnights is just demanding and understaffed. Not a huge fan of overnights, as I've been on overnights for most of the now 6 past years.

But I've missed you guys.

Got 6 boxes packed so far. Rest should be easy, just transfer job and the 10 hour drive. Let my car insurance I'm moving, etc.
Guess I aughta get my knees greased, lol. :p

Well I am emotionally exhausted. We have (finally) moved my 90+ year old grandma into our home after a recent fall (though we’ve had this planned for a while since a previous fall and her memory taking a sharp decline during the last year with being alone during the pandemic). But today it has been several hours of repeating answers to the same questions and quite often them circling around to how long it’s been since my mom passed away (last fall)...which right before mother’s day is hard to keep circling around to. I feel like I need a weekend from my weekend and I just want to go up to my room and cry :dry:

i know how you feel Silvermoon. This will be the first Mother's Day without my Mother, and i will be spending the majority of it on a plane. by myself. alone with my thoughts :dry:
not ideal in any way, shape or form. and i will more than likely be avoiding social media tomorrow too.

i'm really trying to get excited for this trip, but i just can't seem to. i'm not dreading it, but i'm not hyped up about it either. i think the last one is still heavy on me. i hope that once i land, and get a night in a hotel under my belt that the anxiety and unease will fade.

i mean, it's Hawaii. i should be stoked, right?

i know how you feel Silvermoon. This will be the first Mother's Day without my Mother, and i will be spending the majority of it on a plane. by myself. alone with my thoughts :dry:
not ideal in any way, shape or form. and i will more than likely be avoiding social media tomorrow too.

i'm really trying to get excited for this trip, but i just can't seem to. i'm not dreading it, but i'm not hyped up about it either. i think the last one is still heavy on me. i hope that once i land, and get a night in a hotel under my belt that the anxiety and unease will fade.

Never alone.

Gods save me from my friends...

I'm getting together with some very close and very old friends at the end of the month. Sam in Cali is coming to visit another buddy of ours, Jeremy, in Pa. Sweet. Haven't seen Sam since about the summer before lockdown when he dipped into NYC for a bit because his wife has family here. Jeremy would come on my podcast semi regularly and he is celebrating the Memorial Day weekend along with finishing the building of his pool and deck but it's prolly been close to two years now since I laid eyes on Jeremy. Should be easy peasy as a get together, no?

And then there's Matt...

He's just adding uneccesary tension and anxiety to the proceedings acting like this is some major inconcvenince to him.

He lives in the same state as he's from Phillie. Sam is coming from Cali. I'm in NYC. You'd think he'd be cheery with the impromptu reuinion and but he's acting like he doesn't want to do it at all, or like, again, we are deeply inconvenincing him and... It's tiring. It's not that big a deal but he's just making it... Not fun.

"What if Sam is really late? What then?"

Then you and I can hang at my mom's place for a little longer.

"I don't know what we're gonna do over at Jeremy's anyway."

We'll prolly BBQ, listen to music, bull****, drink and play around with Jeremy's kids.

"This is forcing me to get a hotel or something."

No... You for whatever reason are refusing the free room at my mother's, whom by the way, you love and whom loves you so... What's the issue here again?

Sorry for the rant. The people we care about are the ones that drive us nuts the most.

He's always been like this but... The older I get the less tolerance I have for his asinine bull****.

Well I am emotionally exhausted. We have (finally) moved my 90+ year old grandma into our home after a recent fall (though we’ve had this planned for a while since a previous fall and her memory taking a sharp decline during the last year with being alone during the pandemic). But today it has been several hours of repeating answers to the same questions and quite often them circling around to how long it’s been since my mom passed away (last fall)...which right before mother’s day is hard to keep circling around to. I feel like I need a weekend from my weekend and I just want to go up to my room and cry :dry:

That's rough Silvermoon. You have my sympathies. I KNOW that none of what you described is easy to go through from personal experience.

CC, I hope you can find some joy in your trip. As far as I can tell everyone I've known who has gone to Hawaii has raved about the beauty and the fun they had. Try and get your head in the right space.

I'm getting together with some very close and very old friends at the end of the month. Sam in Cali is coming to visit another buddy of ours, Jeremy, in Pa. Sweet. Haven't seen Sam since about the summer before lockdown when he dipped into NYC for a bit because his wife has family here. Jeremy would come on my podcast semi regularly and he is celebrating the Memorial Day weekend along with finishing the building of his pool and deck but it's prolly been close to two years now since I laid eyes on Jeremy. Should be easy peasy as a get together, no?

And then there's Matt...

He's just adding uneccesary tension and anxiety to the proceedings acting like this is some major inconcvenince to him.

He lives in the same state as he's from Phillie. Sam is coming from Cali. I'm in NYC. You'd think he'd be cheery with the impromptu reuinion and but he's acting like he doesn't want to do it at all, or like, again, we are deeply inconvenincing him and... It's tiring. It's not that big a deal but he's just making it... Not fun.

We'll prolly BBQ, listen to music, bull****, drink and play around with Jeremy's kids.

No... You for whatever reason are refusing the free room at my mother's, whom by the way, you love and whom loves you so... What's the issue here again?

Sorry for the rant. The people we care about are the ones that drive us nuts the most.

He's always been like this but... The older I get the less tolerance I have for his asinine bull****.
Straight ask him if he doesn't want to come. If he says yes hold for a moment and say, "Matt, its ok if you dont want to come. Id rather you just be honest about it instead of dragging yourself to this thing and be uncomfortable."

I genuinely hate get-togethers regardless of the activities involved. I tend to avoid them most of the time, and I avoid family reunions at all times. They make me uncomfortable and generally miserable. I can tolerate a friend here, or a friend there once in a blue moon and I'm always happy to text or email. Phone calls really depend on my mood. Most of my friends and family know how I am and it saves us all a lot of wasted effort and anxiety. They used to invite me to things and I'd drag myself along for them, and sometimes it would end up being fun, but the lead up to the get-together was always torture for me. Trying to back out, hoping it was canceled, or I'd get sick and not be able to attend. Social anxiety really sucks ass.

There's also the possibility that Matt has just moved on from the group. Or isn't emotionally feeling a get together at this particular time. Or he may be worried about any traveling at all due to covid. Vaccinated or not there are still variants to worry about, and the possibility of carrying the virus to someone that isn't vaccinated.

Straight ask him if he doesn't want to come. If he says yes hold for a moment and say, "Matt, its ok if you dont want to come. Id rather you just be honest about it instead of dragging yourself to this thing and be uncomfortable."

I genuinely hate get-togethers regardless of the activities involved. I tend to avoid them most of the time, and I avoid family reunions at all times. They make me uncomfortable and generally miserable. I can tolerate a friend here, or a friend there once in a blue moon and I'm always happy to text or email. Phone calls really depend on my mood. Most of my friends and family know how I am and it saves us all a lot of wasted effort and anxiety. They used to invite me to things and I'd drag myself along for them, and sometimes it would end up being fun, but the lead up to the get-together was always torture for me. Trying to back out, hoping it was canceled, or I'd get sick and not be able to attend. Social anxiety really sucks ass.

There's also the possibility that Matt has just moved on from the group. Or isn't emotionally feeling a get together at this particular time. Or he may be worried about any traveling at all due to covid. Vaccinated or not there are still variants to worry about, and the possibility of carrying the virus to someone that isn't vaccinated.

Bless you Marv for sticking up for someone you've never met and giving him the benefit of the doubt...

But you don't know Matt.

He for sure hasn't "moved on". He went to the effort to get us all together in once group text chain for the express purpose of staying connected when lockdown came. If anything this end of the month thing is happening BECAUSE of him.

Sorry to hear you're not doing well. I've been where you are so I feel your pain. Hope things settle down for you soon.

Mother Nature, please stop drinking the booze, it's snowing here and it's May 9 :rolleyes:

Never alone.

That's right. Break out your trusty phone, open your browser, and we'll be here to talk to you. Please keep us updated. You're gonna have a good time. Try to get some time to check things out.

Mother Nature, please stop drinking the booze, it's snowing here and it's May 9 :rolleyes:
I hate is when Mother Nature does that. It's 75 degrees here and Mother Nature is doing the same damn thing here. ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH.....

And then there's Matt...

People are who they are. They can be really frustrating. I figure you were just venting so I won't give you any unasked for advice. I recently lost a very close friend and posted about it in the Relationship thread so I'll say this; you'll be a lot more bummed out when they're gone, but you already know that. Hope you folks have a lot of fun. Times like that are to be treasured.

That's rough Silvermoon. You have my sympathies. I KNOW that none of what you described is easy to go through from personal experience.

Sorry to hear you're not doing well. I've been where you are so I feel your pain. Hope things settle down for you soon.
Thanks for the words of support. I know a lot of this is going to kind of be trial and error and finding our new normal with her in the house.

CC... my thoughts remain with you, I hope your anxiety eases and you're able to (even if it's just a little) find some enjoyment this trip/in Hawaii :hrt:

We were just sitting at home having a quiet Mother's Day watching a movie, when we heard a noise outside....went and looked....the tree in our font yard was now laying on the next door neighbor's two cars.

We were just sitting at home having a quiet Mother's Day watching a movie, when we herd a noise outside....went and looked....the tree in our font yard was now laying on the next door neighbor's two cars.

Is there a "jaw drops" icon? Holy crap!!! I hope your neighbors are reasonable people and realize this isn't anyone's fault. :thud:

Is there a "jaw drops" icon? Holy crap!!! I hope your neighbors are reasonable people and realize this isn't anyone's fault. :thud:
The whole neighborhood is rental houses....so it's all on the management to clean it up and pay for damages....:D

We were just sitting at home having a quiet Mother's Day watching a movie, when we heard a noise outside....went and looked....the tree in our font yard was now laying on the next door neighbor's two cars.
Oops! :eek:

I hate is when Mother Nature does that. It's 75 degrees here and Mother Nature is doing the same damn thing here. ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH.....

I rather have temps in the 70's and rain instead of 30 to 40's temps here, have to go outside to clean up drainage problems and clogs, I hate being cold and wet. Have to use the dryers to get my clothes and jacket dry up so I can go out again :(

I rather have temps in the 70's and rain instead of 30 to 40's temps here, have to go outside to clean up drainage problems and clogs, I hate being cold and wet. Have to use the dryers to get my clothes and jacket dry up so I can go out again :(

I have these ugly green rain pants and jacket with a hood. My wife was making fun of me and telling me how stupid it looked. One day we had to go out and it was pouring (pouring for SoCal that is). I put on my rain wear and my wife was eyeing me jealously. I started laughing and reminded her of how stupid she said I looked. Her response was "You don't look stupid now". Yes, there is a first time for everything.

Mother Nature is still drinking all of my booze.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"