Superman 2-who do you want to direct?

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by Excel, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Fatboy Roberts Registered

Why do people keep picking Abrams? He's totally unproven and hell, as a WRITER he's not all that special. What about this guy, creatively, is making anyone think he should be a top 5 choice for a Superman movie?

2. Showtime Your Friend In Time

But...but...but...what about Felicity?

3. Fatboy Roberts Registered

touche. You have found the soft spot in my armor. A chink just above my belly--where my heart should be.

4. Showtime Your Friend In Time

Heh Heh :up:

5. The Punisher Registered

That's what i mean, take the Island for example. It was great visually but the plot and story just didn't lead anywhere.

6. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I didn't say that I thought that FF was a bad movie:confused:

And I always said that there were good things in the X-films.

7. KaptainKrypton Registered

Is it just me or do Michael Bay's movies just play out like a two-hour movie trailer?

8. Gold Samurai Registered

i don't know if this is bruckheimer or bay but big explosions with backstory for every character and ear shattering sound effects lol

9. actually i beg to differ..they gained there lifes..not to mention there humanity..

He needs some better writers thats all.

10. dr collossus I've been expecting you

Not to mention the most badass flying rocket motorbikes in any movie ever!!!

11. damn straight

12. Alpha and Omega Registered

Now there's a unique one.:) :up: I'd like to see him do a sequel, but this is just mere speculation.

WB is funding Singer's latest project "Logan's Run" and they've allegedly already started negotiations for his return to the franchise.:o

13. dark_b Registered

about the island. damn right he needs better writters. but the island was a fun movie. a fun movie. it was not bad imo. there were also some great visuals.

14. I totally agree I always kept thinking, now if that was superman it would be great too. but maybe without all the slo-mo wire tricks. Because quite frankly that wouldnt do :supes: any justice.

15. The Punisher Registered

That's what i was saying. All he needs is a better writers.

16. Fatboy Roberts Registered

Nah, because he'll just run roughshod over them like he ran roughshod over his other writers. There's a reason he keeps picking the scripts he picks. If he wanted better scripts, he'd choose them. He doesn't. He wants scripts you can easily drown out with director tricks.

if he got a good script he'd just crap all over it.

17. Alonsovich TEH HOPE & OPTIMIZMZ!!!11!!

Michael Mann, Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuaron, Steven Soderbergh.

18. db85usa HeHe!

If Singer didn't return, I'd like to see James Cameron take over because he really wanted to do Spider-Man. I remember reading an interview once where he said before he is done writing/directing films he wanted to do a superhero movie but I don't know if it was Sony or WB or what but whoever was looking at his script, they denied him because they thought it was a bit too "dark" and look how Spider-Man 3 might turn out.

But he's a good director. My second choice(s) would be either Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow) or Alex Proyas (I, Robot, Dark City, and soon to be remake of Robocop.)

19. KaptainKrypton Registered

Emmerich would be a good choice. I loved The Patriot. And Proyas would be great, too (even though I think he'd be better suited for Batman, seeing as he directed something more along those lines when he did The Crow). They're remaking Robocop! Hot damn.

20. db85usa HeHe!

yea Proyas really wants to do a remake of Robocop and make it closely to the comics. Proyas' movies always have great imagery and interesting characters... he does make darker movies but maybe a sequel to SR could be his big 'light' movie. I don't like directors who just stick to one genre of films.

21. skruloos Registered

My problem with Columbus is that he's a bit bland. I never feel emotionally connected to any of his films. He always came off like a poor man's Steven Spielberg to me. I'm a big fan of Cuaron and I'd love to see his take on Superman. I'd just be worried that he'd make the movie too dark. He could surprise me though. I love his direction for actors and his visual style.

Now, Steven Soderbergh has been a major favorite since Sex, Lies. I'd love to see what he would do with a huge budget superhero film. Don't know if he'd be interested though.

Michael Mann...I am not on his bandwagon. I like his films okay but none have ever blown me away. I'd take him over Ratner or Bay any day of the week though.

22. skruloos Registered

Where did you get this information from? Was it a magazine interview? I'd love to read further on his ideas for a new Robocop movie.

23. db85usa HeHe!

you'll have to google it. he actually claims to be influenced by Robocop and uses those influences in his sci-fi films.

it was in a 2004 article he is putting it on the shelf for now last I heard until he comes up with a better script.

24. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

Emmerich is another director that doesn't have one movie I like. He's simply a worse version of Bay. And The Patriot was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Pure drivel. :down

25. db85usa HeHe!

well what director do ya like?